Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 2420 Posts

·
Le Champion
18,732 Posts
Just bought my tickets! Thank god Ticketmaster wasn't complete shit this time.

Who else is going?? :kliq

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Less demand
As I predicted earlier in the thread.

1. People aren't as interested in seeing Moxley vs a loser, as they were the first time the match was announced, prior to Omega losing to a geek.

2. No one gives the slightest bit of shit about seeing Cody in the main event.

The company only has two stars (Moxley and Jericho) and they should be using them to their fullest potential. This means having them main event against one another, even if it means they trade the title back and forth. They also need to elevate MJF sooner than they were planning.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I believe that Jericho will retain the title. He must have a long reign to give time to build the topface that will beat him.

Will Omega lose again?

·
Registered
7,599 Posts

1. People aren't as interested in seeing Moxley vs a loser, as they were the first time the match was announced, prior to Omega losing to a geek.

The company only has two stars (Moxley and Jericho) and they should be using them to their fullest potential. This means having them main event against one another, even if it means they trade the title back and forth. They also need to elevate MJF sooner than they were planning.
It's not WWE, once you lost a title match you go back at the back of the line.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
It's not WWE, once you lost a title match you go back at the back of the line.
This record shit doesn't work. It's too restrictive as far as storytelling, and gets in the way of what's best for business.

A prime example of this is ending up with Cody Rhodes in the main event.

·
HEADBANGA
22,475 Posts

You must be joking. Omega and Cody ARE the stars. Without them there would be no AEW. Moxley hasn't done anything of note in AEW yet to showcase that he's a main event guy.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
You must be joking. Omega and Cody ARE the stars. Without them there would be no AEW. Moxley hasn't done anything of note in AEW yet to showcase that he's a main event guy.
Omega and Cody are geeks who don't draw.

The only legit main eventers and draws they've got are Moxley and Jericho. This has been proven multiple times. This would be a bingo hall promotion without them.

Your subtle trolling is getting more and more annoying.
The Elite don't draw.

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts
Omega and Cody are geeks who don't draw.

The only legit main eventers and draws they've got are Moxley and Jericho. This has been proven multiple times. This would be a bingo hall promotion without them.

The Elite don't draw.
Their first show drew more than Fyter Fest. That's for sure. You are going to make people turn on Moxley just like the MJF stans. Settle down.

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,922 Posts
This record shit doesn't work. It's too restrictive as far as storytelling, and gets in the way of what's best for business.

A prime example of this is ending up with Cody Rhodes in the main event.
It hasn’t even fucking started yet, goddammit. You need to give this obsession with Moxley and MJF at the exclusion of EVERYONE ELSE a fucking rest.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
It hasn’t even fucking started yet, goddammit. You need to give this obsession with Moxley and MJF at the exclusion of EVERYONE ELSE a fucking rest.
It's not my fault that everyone other than 3 guys on the entire roster isn't charismatic or compelling enough to draw my attention (as well as everyone else's, evidently.)

·
Registered
4,669 Posts

It has nothing to do with the card. AEW audience is still limited without tv. There was more demand for Double or Nothing or All Out. Because those were only big shows. Now they have what six weeks of t.v. on sale and ppv. So that I need to be there feeling with fans traveling to see these shows isn't as big. Hopefully once t.v. starts the fan base will grow and lead to more sell outs.

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,922 Posts
It's not my fault that everyone other than 3 guys on the entire roster isn't charismatic or compelling enough to draw my attention (as well as everyone else's, evidently.)
Everyone else, huh? Except for the 100k or so who bought the show, I guess. Evidently.

Keep on

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Everyone else, huh? Except for the 100k or so who bought the show, I guess. Evidently.

Keep on
Under 100K, which is a significant drop from DON. But Jericho was still on the card (the only star on that card, by the way) which is why the number wasn't even lower.

This is a bingo hall promotion without Moxley and Jericho, because no one else has been able to draw.

It has nothing to do with the card. AEW audience is still limited without tv. There was more demand for Double or Nothing or All Out. Because those were only big shows. Now they have what six weeks of t.v. on sale and ppv. So that I need to be there feeling with fans traveling to see these shows isn't as big. Hopefully once t.v. starts the fan base will grow and lead to more sell outs.
It has everything to do with the card. It screams filler PPV, and it also renders the entire first month of TV as filler.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
There's no issue whatsoever with Cody winning the title. Now would it be too soon, in my personal opinion yes it would be. But he's the most over babyface in the company.

People are going to have to get used to EVPs winning matches and titles. Better for people who can't accept that to move on to something else besides AEW.
You tell people this and be proactive by supporting other companies and alternatives if AEW isn't your flavor but instead will refuse to do the sensible thing and just complain about AEW not satisfying their needs when they're choosing to watch/follow it.

:mj4 Quite the conundrum.

And by the way, obvious bait is obvious. I suggest everyone quit biting on it. You're welcome.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Under 100K, which is a significant drop from DON. But Jericho was still on the card (the only star on that card, by the way) which is why the number wasn't even lower.

This is a bingo hall promotion without Moxley and Jericho, because no one else has been able to draw.

It has everything to do with the card. It screams filler PPV, and it also renders the entire first month of TV as filler.
You make no sense. Fans of AEW aren't going to be less excited for Omega/Moxley because Omega lost. Going by that theory then people he less into All Out because Moxley lost to Jay White or Juice Robinson. Now don't say Japan doesn't count because same fans who watch AEW know what's going on in New Japan. While Cody/Jericho is bigger match then Page/Jeicho.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
You make no sense. Fans of AEW aren't going to be less excited for Omega/Moxley because Omega lost. Going by that theory then people he less into All Out because Moxley lost to Jay White or Juice Robinson. Now don't say Japan doesn't count because same fans who watch AEW know what's going on in New Japan. While Cody/Jericho is bigger match then Page/Jeicho.
It makes perfect sense. Omega losing to a geek like Pac means he's definitely not beating a top star in Moxley, unless the bookers show Vince levels of retardation. Cody vs Jericho means that this is just a throwaway Jericho title defense, unless, again, the bookers show Vince levels of retardation. The top two matches, and thus the entire card, as well as the entire first month of TV, are now complete filler. The lack of demand for this event proves this. Way to hype up your TV show by telling your audience that nothing matters until after Full Gear.

Moxley vs Omega was a PPV match prior to last Saturday (one that was highly anticipated and which drew record ticket demand) but that is clearly not the case anymore. It's just a TV match at this point. Jericho vs Cody is just a TV match as well.

141 - 160 of 2420 Posts