Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 2420 Posts

·
Registered
24,526 Posts
It's a weird spot to be in right now with another PPV to sell before TV. I mean Mox vs. Omega is fine being announced since it was a cancelled match from the last show due to injury.

In a perfect world Cody vs. Jericho should have been announced after Cody beat Sammy Guevara on the debut episode on TNT. Or at leas make him #1 Contender and make the match official after Jericho successfully defends his title on Oct. 16.

And please, do not pull the trigger on the MJF/Cody thing now. You can get like another year of mileage out of that if you play your cards right.

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
Thats why i think this ppv is called full gear. Its a weird processes building up to the promotion being full force. But as of Full gear things will be at full force and the TNT show will be sorted by then.

After that we will see full force storylines ect and proper build ups.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Someone past his prime vs someone who needs all the help in the world to have a decent match. The match is gonna have a great atmosphere, but the amount of smoke and mirrors, outside interference and bullshit Cody vs Jericho is gonna have is gonna hit historic heights :lol

·
Registered
240 Posts
looks like there are a lot of typical millenials in here with no patience or attention span who think that any young peformer should go on a winning streak and win the title asap. It takes years to become a polished wrestler. Jericho, Rhodes Moxley and Omega are the only 4 guys who should be considered for he title for the next couple years. If a veteran like Punk decides to return throw him in the mix as well.

Guys like MJF and Page arent remotely close to being world champions... maybe in 2-3 years.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Someone past his prime vs someone who needs all the help in the world to have a decent match. The match is gonna have a great atmosphere, but the amount of smoke and mirrors, outside interference and bullshit Cody vs Jericho is gonna have is gonna hit historic heights :lol
Cody has been having some of the best matches in AEW so far and Jericho, while past his prime, can still put on a solid to good match here and there when asked for it. Cody and Jericho will know each others strengths and weaknesses to put on a good title match, IMO.

And LOL @ the MJF geeks clamoring for him to challenge for the title or even turn on Cody this early. I understand WWE has made it a habit to do short term booking with little to no payoff or resolve but not every company does or should abide to that "philosophy". I'm sure the same people would have wanted Hogan to turn on WCW three months after debuting for the company in 1994.

Patience is the word of the day, folks. Learn it.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
I’m sure Cody will inflate his ego even more and book himself to win the championship
I would assume AEW has enough foresight and common sense to see that making Cody win the title this soon off Jericho, who's already becoming GOAT with this title run, would be the absolute worst thing they can do right now. I have to think they learned from WCW and TNA's big mistakes and not try to book for their own egos.

Cody will become World champion one day but that day is not at Full Gear.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Debating if I wanna make the 10 hr drive to Baltimore. I’m 50/50 now. Will see as November gets closer.

Love Saturday PPVs for even letting me consider going!

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
Debating if I wanna make the 10 hr drive to Baltimore. I’m 50/50 now. Will see as November gets closer.

Love Saturday PPVs for even letting me consider going!
Saturday events is a zillion times better. All sports do saturdays all indies do saturdays. Its a night out of fun

Reactions: Natecore

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
:banderas People already worried a Rhodes will book himself to be champ

If CODY is a true Rhodes at heart, he won't do it until Omega is in the 14month of his title run, that way he can the one who ended the historic reign. Yeah, I'm still pissed at Dusty beating Flair in 86, what of it?

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Tony khan is the one who okays everything and not Cody. Let's stop with the agenda of the Elite booking themselves to win, Cody has lost, Bucks have lost, Omega has lost and Page has lost.

Anyway the two matches announced already make this must watch, I'm expecting MJF or Tully to screw Cody out of the match. Mox vs Omega with some TV behind it should be great.

·
Team AEW
2,982 Posts
And LOL @ the MJF geeks clamoring for him to challenge for the title or even turn on Cody this early. I understand WWE has made it a habit to do short term booking with little to no payoff or resolve but not every company does or should abide to that "philosophy". I'm sure the same people would have wanted Hogan to turn on WCW three months after debuting for the company in 1994.

Patience is the word of the day, folks. Learn it.
They absolutely shouldn't do the turn this early. No way. But I'm afraid they would. They've done so much teasing at All Out, it seems inevitable in the near future. But I hope they won't do it this year at all. MJF is a lot more interesting being heel AND Cody's friend, I don't want them to ruin it.

·
Tiger Driver '91
2,712 Posts
Going to predict a card of...

Jericho(c) v. Cody
Lucha Bros(c) v. Dark Order/Private Party (can’t decide)
Rose(c) v. Shida v. Riho v. Awesome Kong
Moxley v. Omega
PAC v. Hangman
Bucks v. PNP
Spears v. MJF
Baker v. Priestley

Hopefully not much else, don’t want another 4+ hour show. Although I love me some SCU, Guevara, Sabian, CIMA, and Dustin. Maybe OC and Best Friends. Not a big fan of Jurassic Express, the hardcore idiots(Darby/Joey/Havoc), or any of that shit. I know I’m in the minority.

·
C Mac G
6,116 Posts
LOL at the thought of Cody getting a title shot is bad, what the fuck did you want them to do? Give Darby fucking Allin a title shot this early? They already did Jericho/Omega and it looks like Omega's story is going to be a long term thing, which I know for WWE guys it's impossible to grasp. PAC is facing Hangman, and I imagine PAC/Moxley will absolutely be a big title match after Moxley wins the title in early 2020. Speaking of Moxley, Moxley/Omega is still something they need to deliver on, and Jericho should have the title for a little bit before Moxley faces him for it, because Moxley should win it in his first attempt.

Jericho/Cody also has a story that's been brewing since Double or Nothing Road To, yes, they've been building to this match since like March. The match is compelling, and what's even more compelling to me is everything they are building AROUND the world title match. Hangman/Pac, Omega/Moxley, and that's everything that seems interesting WITHOUT TV.

Jericho/Cody, Omega/Moxley and Hangman/PAC easily gets my $50.

Which is massively important and warrants the match happening anyway. You don't need every match to be the same, Hangman/PAC is going to be a fantastic wrestling match. I imagine Omega/Moxley is going to be unique just with the styles and personalities clashing, and Cody/Jerich is going to be a story heave match.

It's fine, Cody has been awesome in the majority of his AEW matches, Dustin match was incredible, Darby match was very good and they were hot for the Spears match from THE BEGINNING. There's this narrative that it only got hot for Arn, which isn't true at all, they were hot as fuck from the get go, and it persisted the majority of the match.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
There's no issue whatsoever with Cody winning the title. Now would it be too soon, in my personal opinion yes it would be. But he's the most over babyface in the company.

People are going to have to get used to EVPs winning matches and titles. Better for people who can't accept that to move on to something else besides AEW.

·
C Mac G
6,116 Posts
Someone posted a dope idea on Reddit in regards to Rhodes/MJF, the idea was you let the alliance simmer for a long time, and eventually it's revealed that Rhodes has been in on it with MJF, they have been fooling everyone into thinking that Rhodes is just some gullible schmuck, and then Rhodes turns heel and truly joins forces with MJF.

That could be fucking awesome.

·
HEADBANGA
22,475 Posts
I'm glad that Cody/Jericho is for the title for the build alone. Cody has the best build ups going into big matches better than anyone in North America right now. Looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Someone posted a dope idea on Reddit in regards to Rhodes/MJF, the idea was you let the alliance simmer for a long time, and eventually it's revealed that Rhodes has been in on it with MJF, they have been fooling everyone into thinking that Rhodes is just some gullible schmuck, and then Rhodes turns heel and truly joins forces with MJF.

That could be fucking awesome.
Nah, I'd rather have Cody get the drop on him when MJF is trying to make his move. Reminds me of something Sting would've done.

121 - 140 of 2420 Posts