Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 2420 Posts

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
That's my entire point. They need to build him up immediately. The fact that they haven't even begun to do so is a mistake.
There's likely a reason they haven't yet. They likely don't want match quality to bring his value down. If he could go out and wrestle a classic vs Cody or Omega etc. They wouldn't be moving slow with him. He's only 23 give him time and let him catch up in the ring to where he is on the mic. Have him dominant midcard guys for 6 months or so. Then move him to next level when he's ready.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
There's likely a reason they haven't yet. They likely don't want match quality to bring his value down. If he could go out and wrestle a classic vs Cody or Omega etc. They wouldn't be moving slow with him. He's only 23 give him time and let him catch up in the ring to where he is on the mic. Have him dominant midcard guys for 6 months or so. Then move him to next level when he's ready.
Match quality wouldn't bring his value down, because match quality is literally the last thing casual viewers care about - you know, the type of fans AEW should be going after.

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
He isn't. He had one of the more high profile matches on the card, and All Out drew at most 100K, and likely even less, according to Meltzer. The show basically revolved around all of The Elite, and it saw a significant decrease from DON.
You know what was the best moment of DON for the majority of people who were at the show and in front of there screen ?

It was the Cody vs Dustin match and you have to deal with it.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
You know what was the best moment of DON for the majority of people who were at the show and in front of there screen ?

It was the Cody vs Dustin match and you have to deal with it.
That must be why literally everyone was talking about Moxley's debut.

Your favorites don't draw.

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
Match quality wouldn't bring his value down, because match quality is literally the last thing casual viewers care about - you know, the type of fans AEW should be going after.
Then you build him up slowly when they get on tv. Which is what it looks like they are doing.

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
Its becoming funny in the AEW section because the guys running it stated a few little things and its attracted that crowd that only likes work rate and doesnt understand Scientology of wrestling what so ever. AEW never said they are not going to do everything else.

What was everyones favorite Hogan match ? Pretty hard to tell because it was his character and story that drove things.The guy could barley wrestle. This is like wcw when you will have epic workers,Epic characters and epic story telling. Which does not mean EVERY GUY IS A IN RING WORK RATE HORSE. MJF is going to be driven by character and storyline and not in ring. Chris benoit was driven by in ring work that happened to have a bad ass character that went along with it. But he was not much of a talker.

Not everyone can be Eddie which had it all.

But hey AEW said a few trigger words that has brought in groupies as viewers which is great but cant understand balance between everything. Like fuck Cody is far from a great in ring wrestler. But he does have some decent ring physiology

Anywho im wasting my time cus these type of people in here just cant get past that and it wont change. So all i can say is try to enjoy the product.Cus you sure as hell wont like some elements, This is far from ROH

Love you all

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
That must be why literally everyone was talking about Moxley's debut.

Your favorites don't draw.
It's ok i kind of understand that you don't want to accept the fact that Cody had the best match, the best moment since the start of AEW.

I know that the truth hurt but be strong ok ?

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
You're wasting your time,These people only have one dimension of wrestling enjoyment. They wont understand. Yet Plenty of us will get behind MJF and he wont ever have a good match in his life.

Me i get it all and i want it all and AEW will present it all. Wins and loses matter. OMG Kenny lost hes horrible i cant take him serious omg im losing my mind.

LOL

Whats wrong with us ? Insanity

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
WINS AND LOSES MATTER, ITS REAL TO ME DAMMIT

Or they can keep thing with Cody going next 6-7 months then build up MJF as a wrestler. Then have him turn on Cody (fans won't expect it if it goes that long). Then have them wrestle at Double or Nothing. With MJF getting the win and moving to main event scene.
Yeah it could go on that long,But fans know its coming. But ya maybe we stop thinking about it and than bam. But as long as MJF is kissing Codys ass how can we not stop thinking about it.

This is why i thought if CM punk was going to come it wouldn't be ALLOUT. People are such short term thinking its so sad. Proper wrestling thinks long term and not always doing the obvious is right. Jericho winning world championship yes as its a must but CM punk showing up was not. These are stupid examples of course. I couldnt care less if that guy ever comes to AEW, just trying to explain to people that AEW is thinking long term and trying to trick the hell out of us smart asses.

So yes i agree its very possible that will happen.

Lol ramble but i think you get it

PS this was TNA biggest downfall,Always thinking short. Until Eric came in and created the best storyline that took a year.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
It's like people forgot the purpose of the matches already :lol

I'm fine with it and it's probably the right call.

I understand why some will disagree but going by the direction, I don't think it'll turn as grim as people think. If AEW is going to take the win/loss records seriously, even if Moxley and Omega were free, Cody is obviously the number one contender. He hasn't lost a singles match yet. It's a rational decision. As for people calling "politics", people act like Jericho won't bring that up as the central plot of their feud. Now Cody winning the title is the WRONG decision but I don't think he will, especially with MJF lurking or other factors.

Jericho won't lose. It's fine.

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
It's like people forgot the purpose of the matches already :lol

I'm fine with it and it's probably the right call.

I understand why some will disagree but going by the direction, I don't think it'll turn as grim as people think. If AEW is going to take the win/loss records seriously, even if Moxley and Omega were free, Cody is obviously the number one contender. He hasn't lost a singles match yet. It's a rational decision. As for people calling "politics", people act like Jericho won't bring that up as the central plot of their feud. Now Cody winning the title is the WRONG decision but I don't think he will, especially with MJF lurking or other factors.

Jericho won't lose. It's fine.

See that is a more logical view of the wins and loses. Everyone losing their mind over this concept. It will drive contenders ect but people making stupid comments like Now i cant take Kenny serious cus hes losing,He looks bad hes losing. They have no sense of wrestling physiology story telling.

PS i hate you for always having that juicy ass shaking on my screen

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
See that is a more logical view of the wins and loses. Everyone losing their mind over this concept. It will drive contenders ect but people making stupid comments like Now i cant take Kenny serious cus hes losing,He looks bad hes losing. They have no sense of wrestling physiology story telling.

PS i hate you for always having that juicy ass shaking on my screen
To be fair, WWE has done a masterful job brainwashing the masses post-2001 on how wrestling should be under their perspective and unfortunately, there wasn't any true mainstream alternative to combat what kind of other standards there could be about pro wrestling. Especially considered that the majority won't go looking for alternatives like ROH or TNA at the time.

AEW gets its flack from people because it doesn't conform to the WWE mindset that has been established for almost two decades. It will take a while but some will finally see that AEW =/= WWE, even if people want it to be as such.

·
C Mac G
5,966 Posts
Extending Jericho's title reign is a good thing. So if they needed someone to job to him, Mini Triple H makes sense. But it's still a filler PPV if nothing comes from it. They need to have MJF turn on him.

It was a strange decision to announce it this early, because it essentially renders the entire first month of TV irrelevant.
Making yourself look like as big of a GEEK as the guy that kept calling HHH Triple HGH.

And holy fuck at the thought of MJF turning on Cody THIS early. Hardly anyone that's going to be watching the TNT story knows who the fuck MJF is, nor the backstory between him and Cody. It's something that you build as one of the pillar's of weekly programming for a long time.

I don't want to see the MJF turn for a year or two, it's easy to do it now, that's WWE conditioned booking methodology. Let it simmer, let's have some twists and turns, get people to think he's turning, for him to not, how about they actually make the audience have a glimmer of belief that MJF MIGHT be genuine. The need for immediate gratification is killing any long term story telling. It's why WWE spams matches left and right, does turns without any build up. Fucking relax, give them a chance to build shit up.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Making yourself look like as big of a GEEK as the guy that kept calling HHH Triple HGH.
I wouldn't be calling people geeks given who you've got in your avatar, bud.

Mini Triple H is a perfect name for him, and not just because of his stature. He's way less of a star and draw than Triple H, yet he's booking himself like Triple H did.

101 - 120 of 2420 Posts