Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 2420 Posts

·
C Mac G
6,116 Posts
Another friggin Starrcast. Are those Conrad Thompson's primary means of earning a living or something? They're going to burn out fan bases with this. Every PPV is going to have an "fan axxess" type of event which WWE only has once/twice a year. AEW will have done four in 4-5 months. I can't imagine people paying for the PPV of it - but what do I know.
WWE has done the access shit 3 times this year so far RR, Mania and Summerslam. And I believe they are doing a smaller thing for Survivor Series too.

But yeah, I think Conrad is milking the fuck out of this, law of diminishing returns and all that.

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
WWE has done the access shit 3 times this year so far RR, Mania and Summerslam. And I believe they are doing a smaller thing for Survivor Series too.

But yeah, I think Conrad is milking the fuck out of this, law of diminishing returns and all that.
He's married to a Flair. They're expensive.

·
Registered
22,749 Posts
Starrcast IV was announced for the night before, seems like they are going to the well a bit too much for this, but hey, if people are willing to travel, more power too them. AEW has done it right by having these shows on a Saturday that makes it easy to travel and not miss work on Monday, tough with a Sunday WWE show.
I think it could work if they found a nice twist to it. Maybe instead of always doing interviews maybe switch it up. Like how cool would it be if you got a chance to have dinner or go bowling or do mini golf with some of the AEW roster. Really take the fan interaction to the next level. I'm sure plenty of fans would pay decent money.

·
C Mac G
6,116 Posts
I think it could work if they found a nice twist to it. Maybe instead of always doing interviews maybe switch it up. Like how cool would it be if you got a chance to have dinner or go bowling or do mini golf with some of the AEW roster. Really take the fan interaction to the next level. I'm sure plenty of fans would pay decent money.
That's what WWE is actually doing for Survivor Series to change it, it's like dinner with legends and the current roster if you buy the expensive package or whatever.

But yeah, they either have to innovate it, or just do a smaller, cheaper convention all together.

·
Registered
22,749 Posts
That's what WWE is actually doing for Survivor Series to change it, it's like dinner with legends and the current roster if you buy the expensive package or whatever.

But yeah, they either have to innovate it, or just do a smaller, cheaper convention all together.
Didnt know that lol. But yeah he has to innovate soon because as you said eventually that shit will lose appeal. But something like getting a chance to hang out with The Elite isn't going to lose appeal given it's their fan base driving this thing.

·
C Mac G
6,116 Posts
Didnt know that lol. But yeah he has to innovate soon because as you said eventually that shit will lose appeal. But something like getting a chance to hang out with The Elite isn't going to lose appeal given it's their fan base driving this thing.
Kenny Omega pretty much confirmed that he is getting added to some fighting game as a playable character in the near future.

Playing against Omega in Tekken would be something cool to add.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
The hype seems to still be there for most, which is a good thing, but for me personally, I've lost a bit of interest in the match. We all know Moxley is going over, but given Omega's kayfabe slump, the win won't really do much for Moxley, either.

The build and Moxley's promos should be great, at least.

·
Registered
24,528 Posts
The dream match is back on bitches! Now please Wrestling Gods, please let them both stay healthy going into the show.

And after Omega's BTE comments, I can't wait to see Mox punch Omega in the face. I'll be looking for him to hop the rail at their TV debut during or after the main event.

41 - 60 of 2420 Posts