Wrestling Forum banner

541 - 560 of 2420 Posts

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Gonna pass on getting this. Not enough interesting match ups really. And Cody going for the title already? Seriously? That's a big no right there. Kenny having to be in a garbage match because Moxley can't hang with him in the ring is an awful waste of Omega as well.

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts
Gonna pass on getting this. Not enough interesting match ups really. And Cody going for the title already? Seriously? That's a big no right there. Kenny having to be in a garbage match because Moxley can't hang with him in the ring is an awful waste of Omega as well.
If that promo on Wednesday didn't sold you on the match you should stop watching wrestling. Honestly.

·
Registered
11,839 Posts
I feel I have to support AEW with a PPV buy. Coming off bad ratings, help to boost a PPV number knowing every purchase would be counted vs randomness of watching or not watching on television.

I feel $50 a month is steep especially when the promise was 3-4 PPV's a year and we're not a couple months from All Out, but it also makes me think they might be looking for "proof of life" to keep Shad bankrolling this thing.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
Just bought the PPV on FITE, ready for tomorrow :)

·
Le Champion
18,714 Posts
I hope they find a way in the future to possibly make their PPVs cheaper. My dad has watched Dynamite since it started airing and would love to watch the PPV tomorrow night, but he's not spending $60 for it on Comcast. :lol

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
I hope they find a way in the future to possibly make their PPVs cheaper. My dad has watched Dynamite since it started airing and would love to watch the PPV tomorrow night, but he's not spending $60 for it on Comcast. :lol
Yep it's quite expensive in the US.

In Europe it's 3 times less

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Based on Mox comments during his segment at Starrcast it looks like he's beating Kenny and then going after Jericho. We'll see.
Even if Moxley doesn't challenge Jericho next. He shouldn't lose to Omega or any matches in the near future. Moxley one of the few guys in the company not to take a pin yet. The character they are giving him is this toughest SOB Stone Cold type. That character didn't lose clean for a while,he got screwed and then got even.

You have him start losing matches now it takes away some of his toughness. Even Moxley said today that he doesn't care about ranking system etc. He said nobody in AEW can kick his ass and they need to sell that with his style. When Moxley lose matches at first they should be screw job loses with inference.

So you either have him challenge for the title next. Or do story line where he's getting screwed by the system. With two of his wins unsaction. Then they can give him matches vs Librarian or whatever and make a case that it wasn't a quality win. But the end game should be building him up as the next top guy to hold the title. Make him look like a strong dominant champion. Then you build up Omega or Page over a number or months to take that title away from him.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Really looking forward to this, card is looking great and I'm personally very glad they've cut the length of the show down a little. Looking forward to the World title match the most after Cody's promo during the week.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
I feel I have to support AEW with a PPV buy. Coming off bad ratings, help to boost a PPV number knowing every purchase would be counted vs randomness of watching or not watching on television.

I feel $50 a month is steep especially when the promise was 3-4 PPV's a year and we're not a couple months from All Out, but it also makes me think they might be looking for "proof of life" to keep Shad bankrolling this thing.

It's 4 ppvs per year every three months. There will be one in February most likely, May, August and November. They will mix in free BR live shows like they already did with Fyter Fest and Fight for Fallen between the ppvs too.

As for the rest of your comment it's a bit dramatic lol. AEW is a top 5-10 show on Wednesday night on major cable network. They have a PPV tomorrow where they are selling at least 8,000 tickets. Normally it would take years of failure and bank rolling a company before they do this well. AEW is already working towards making Khan money investment back. That is why they aren't throwing stupid money around to get a guy like Cain Velasquez. Or write CM Punk a blank check to return or whatever. Tony Khan actually a smart businessman and I'm sure his dad is very happy so far.

·
Registered
622 Posts
If I didn't live in Baltimore I'd be saving money by getting a reddit stream...But I couldn't pass it up and just now bought a $100 ticket and figure parking and food will be another 100.

But man - a big wrestling event hasn't happened here since WCW folded. Being in that arena for this double main event? Can't pass this up! I feel like a kid again! :)

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Lol why do you even watch AEW if you dislike the top guys? Cody way more interesting and over then anyone in WWE right now. Seth Rollins looks like a joke compared to Cody right now. Remember number 1 babyface on Smackdown who won the title at Mania? Who was that Kofi? WWE already made me forget everything he did lol. Yet Cody a mid card guy? The guy who looks like a million bucks, cuts great promos and had has the best feuds since the company started?

Right now the only guys in AEW who look like stars are Jericho, Cody, Moxley and maybe Pac. Omega living off his New Japan rep. But his character being all over the place is making him not work. Maybe if they get him away from the Elite and do his own thing it will help him. But he's kinda on Adam Page level from what we seen in AEW so far.

I wasn't a fan of Cody at all in WWE. But only a fool would call him mid card act with the type of work he's doing now. Cody come along way and legit star now. I should ignore your Moxley hater comments. But I would like to remind you that Moxley had great matches with guys like AJ Styles, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens etc in WWE. I'm not gonna even bring up G1 because your comment is ridiculous as always. But I would like to remind you of a thing called storyline.

In case you missed it Unsaction matches don't count for W/L record. So what they doing here is setting up is Moxley winning the match. But Omega will end up getting opportunity that Moxley won't. Because Omega has more wins since Moxley win over Omega/Janela don't count. They are doing old Stone Cold storyline here. Trying to find a way to screw Moxley and keep him out of title picture. Even though he's gonna be the top guy. Then when Moxley over comes the odds and finally wins title. It will be a big deal.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
So what they doing here is setting up is Moxley winning the match. But Omega will end up getting opportunity that Moxley won't. Because Omega has more wins since Moxley win over Omega/Janela don't count. They are doing old Stone Cold storyline here. Trying to find a way to screw Moxley and keep him out of title picture. Even though he's gonna be the top guy. Then when Moxley over comes the odds and finally wins title. It will be a big deal.
Wow, I never thought about this. I assumed we were still on Kenny's road to redemption and Mox would be the final boss when Omega gets the title next year in Chicago.

But basically turning AEW management and subtly The Elite heel against anti-authority Mox would really be something.

Reactions: Donnie

·
Le Champion
18,714 Posts
If I didn't live in Baltimore I'd be saving money by getting a reddit stream...But I couldn't pass it up and just now bought a $100 ticket and figure parking and food will be another 100.

But man - a big wrestling event hasn't happened here since WCW folded. Being in that arena for this double main event? Can't pass this up! I feel like a kid again! :)
Hell yeah man! I'll be there too, section 206.

Btw there's been plenty of WWE PPVs in Baltimore since WCW folded (been to a few myself) but I'm not gonna try and correct you or anything if you're looking forward to this way more. :lol

AEW! AEW! AEW! Getting GEARED up for the Gear! :woo

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
Just bought the PPV on FITE, ready for tomorrow :)
:mark MOXGIRL IS ALL ELITE

Show should be good times if all goes well.

Some thoughts :rusevyes

Jericho/CODY shouldn't be more than 15, and should have limited amounts of bullshit. Of course, its these two so i expect 30 with a ton of fuckery :mj2

Mox/Kenneth could be incredible if they go all out with the violence, and Kenny being a psychopath in big match with a death wish. I need blood and lighttubes, you cowards.

It sucks how badly they'v botched the story of Riho/Emi. Like, Emi trained her from the time she was an actual child and has now come to the states to beat her little protege up and take her belt, that's a fucking killer story. Shame i only knows this because others have told me. FIX THE DIVISION, YOU GOONS :eek:mega

Bucks/PnP is either going to be really fun, or really awful. I know which i'd prefer :eek:

The 3 Way Dance for the tag belts is in the same boat. SCU/PP are both good to very good, but the Lucha Bros are the fucking worst with their incredible ability to turn a match into a mindless forced EPIC :bunk I don't have faith the others won't get dragged into the bullshit.

Only match I'm not looking forward to is Brit Cole vs Bea Ostrich :andre As JR would say "This will be bowling shoe ugly, folks"

Hangy/PAC should be another super solid match from the two. I wouldn't mind an angle where Hangy snaps and chokes PAC out with a bullrope. We need Hangy with some goddamn fire behind him, and this is the way to do it.

Hopefully Joey vs Spears is short as possible. Don't feel like watching Spears shit the bed again when given enough rope to hang himself.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Jericho/CODY shouldn't be more than 15, and should have limited amounts of bullshit. Of course, its these two so i expect 30 with a ton of fuckery :mj2

It sucks how badly they'v botched the story of Riho/Emi. Like, Emi trained her from the time she was an actual child and has now come to the states to beat her little protege up and take her belt, that's a fucking killer story. Shame i only knows this because others have told me. FIX THE DIVISION, YOU GOONS :eek:mega

Bucks/PnP is either going to be really fun, or really awful. I know which i'd prefer :eek:

The 3 Way Dance for the tag belts is in the same boat. SCU/PP are both good to very good, but the Lucha Bros are the fucking worst with their incredible ability to turn a match into a mindless forced EPIC :bunk I don't have faith the others won't get dragged into the bullshit.

Only match I'm not looking forward to is Brit Cole vs Bea Ostrich :andre As JR would say "This will be bowling shoe ugly, folks"
Good god you just deserve to put on ignore for shitting on the tag teams lol.

Those matches will be MOTY contenders.

Sakura/Riho will be one of the matches of the night, those two can go and with a bigger crowd it should be a great match. shame the bookers didn't put enough into promoting it.

I agree that Cody vs Jericho match shouldn't be over 20 minutes imo. Jericho struggles through matches that aren't gimmicked. Cody is very good, he's no Omega when it comes to carrying Jericho. This match needs to be Sport Entertainment to the limit.

I had to laugh at the Bea vs Britt one, I think it's one of the reasons it's on pre show, if Britt was a better worker it be on the main card. Bea is a good worker but she can't carry anyone yet. I be shocked if this isn't the worst match on the night.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Wow, I never thought about this. I assumed we were still on Kenny's road to redemption and Mox would be the final boss when Omega gets the title next year in Chicago.

But basically turning AEW management and subtly The Elite heel against anti-authority Mox would really be something.
I'm not totally sure. But Moxley said today during his Starcast interview. That he was going to be part of a big storyline. He said there's hints of it right now. So that when people look back in a few months they will be like oh yeah that's why that happened.

They didn't show that Moxley/Tony Khan stuff or have Moxley cut a promo about it for nothing. So something is coming of that storyline. Especially after Moxley pretty much said seeds are being planted for something. Heck even having his match end up a draw with Pac is probably hint too. That someone in power is trying to hold Moxley back.

As for Omega that redemption story isn't going to work right now. He really needs to move away from Elite and being all buddies with the Bucks. It takes away from his character and makes him not feel like a star or big deal. So I hope they have better plans for him ahead then that. Heck I rather him turn heel and join with Innercircle then that. At least that would be a major surprise and something different for him.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
Good god you just deserve to put on ignore for shitting on the tag teams lol.

Those matches will be MOTY contenders.

Sakura/Riho will be one of the matches of the night, those two can go and with a bigger crowd it should be a great match. shame the bookers didn't put enough into promoting it.

I agree that Cody vs Jericho match shouldn't be over 20 minutes imo. Jericho struggles through matches that aren't gimmicked. Cody is very good, he's no Omega when it comes to carrying Jericho. This match needs to be Sport Entertainment to the limit.

I had to laugh at the Bea vs Britt one, I think it's one of the reasons it's on pre show, if Britt was a better worker it be on the main card. Bea is a good worker but she can't carry anyone yet. I be shocked if this isn't the worst match on the night.
Can't put me on ignore for telling the truth :p

If you like mindless spot fests with zero selling and storytelling, good for you. I don't :eek:

EDIT: That was kind of a dick response from me, my bad. I just don't think these matches won;t have things i hate, especially from the Lucha Bros. i just want some storytelling and a little bit of selling.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Gonna pass on getting this. Not enough interesting match ups really.
Agreed.

The only match that's had decent build for me is Jericho and Cody, but I still don't really care to see that match because Jericho, despite still being great at promos and portraying characters, is past it in the ring, and I still can't say I care to pay to see Cody even after a good promo the other night.

It doesn't help that you know every match is going to be the same either. Spot after spot, no sell after no sell. The same as every match they've shown for free on TV!

·
C Mac G
6,067 Posts
Got about 15 people coming over tomorrow, only 4 of us are super into Wrestling, but we've been rambling enough about AEW that everyone else is going to come and check it out.

I imagine the Moxley/Omega match is going to be enough of a car wreck that casuals will be able to get super into it.

People saying that the build isn't good enough, they clearly went the UFC style of build on this show where they put the majority of stock into the main event, and traditionally those do the highest buyrates. It's smart. Would've liked to see Omega hammer home the Moxley match, but alas, that match probably sells itself to a lot of people.

Jericho/Cody on Paper 7 weeks ago looked like a meh main event, and now they've made it the most compelling world title match of the year because of the buildup.

I feel like a lot of people are expecting Cody to win, but man, I think that automatically gives him the stench of "This guy is just gonna book himself to win", and you want to do EVERYTHING you can to avoid that, I don't care how over he is right now, that can change at the drop of a dime. Honestly, part of me thinks Jericho wins and they eliminate Cody as a title challenger for years, but ultimately they will go back on it and have him challenge in like 5-7 years. These guys are going to do long form story telling.

541 - 560 of 2420 Posts