Wrestling Forum banner

521 - 540 of 2420 Posts

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
According to Meltzer, after hearing feedback that their previous 2 PPVs went too long, AEW is planning to shorten the 'Full Gear' PPV to 3.5 hours. They are also cutting matches on the Buy In from 2 matches to 1 match. So the total time from the first match on the Buy In to the last match on the PPV will be 4 hours instead of 5 hours.

That's good news, fans always complaining about WWE PPV's going long and AEW's last two, now have a shorter one.

So I reckon the Buy in goes 30 mins with 15 mins for Bea/Britt match

This is how I time it out

Joey Janela vs Shawn Spears 15 mins

SCY vs Lucha Bros vs PP 20 mins

Riho vs Emi Sakura 20 mins

Page vs Pac 25 mins

The Bucks vs LAX 30 mins

Jericho vs Cody 30 mins (I seriously wouldn't go over that for a Jericho match these days)

Omega vs Mox 40 mins

20 mins left for backstage stuff.

If I was match planning I'd go

1. Triple Threat Tag title match (start off with a awesome match)

2. Women's title match

3. PAC Vs Page

4. Bucks Vs LAX

5. Janella vs Spears

6. Jericho vs Cody

7. Omega Vs Mox

You could swap the Women's title match and Janella vs Spears match around. I see more potential in women's match being very good then Spears match. I do worry about following Title match with Mox/Omega match if that would be a bad idea.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
According to Meltzer, after hearing feedback that their previous 2 PPVs went too long, AEW is planning to shorten the 'Full Gear' PPV to 3.5 hours. They are also cutting matches on the Buy In from 2 matches to 1 match. So the total time from the first match on the Buy In to the last match on the PPV will be 4 hours instead of 5 hours.

Good to see they're listening to us. Now bring back Darby, you goons

·
Premium Member
43,820 Posts
If that's true that they are shortening the show, GOOD!!!

Granted, AEW can get away with longer shows since they do less of them and do them on Saturdays, but still, less is more, and I'll take a quicker paced show that gets to the point over a show that long overstays its welcome.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Good idea shortening it, The main events of Double or Nothing and All Out were kind of flat compared to the rest of the show because the fans were burnt out.

Hopefully they don't do the lights out match immediately before the main event. That'll kill the crowd too.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Good idea shortening it, The main events of Double or Nothing and All Out were kind of flat compared to the rest of the show because the fans were burnt out.
Agreed. Also I like it since I may be going and would rather not be stuck in parking garage traffic at 1AM!

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,746 Posts
First Major show in a long time where I neither have a solid guess on who is winning the top two matches and am equally as excited to actually see the match and who wins :trips8

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
If that's true that they are shortening the show, GOOD!!!

Granted, AEW can get away with longer shows since they do less of them and do them on Saturdays, but still, less is more, and I'll take a quicker paced show that gets to the point over a show that long overstays its welcome.
Maybe for All Out (which looks like it be their wrestlemania)you could go longer but for their other PPV's keep it to four hours including Buy In.

Hopefully they don't do the lights out match immediately before the main event. That'll kill the crowd too.
Lights out is the last match for Definite.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Well after a shit day personally, I’m hoping this is a show that can lift my spirits by the end of the week.

At the end of the day I think the biggest questions I have is does anyone turn. MJF? Hangman? No one?

At this point an MJF tun would just feel random, and they’ve been building something with Hangman for months on BTE. One more loss to PAC and he’s going to spiral out of control.
Definitely turn Hangman. That trigger is ready to be pulled. And it gives Cody his next deeply personal blood feud he can storyline for now that he's "forever" out of the title picture.

Ideally I'd put Hangman with Tully Blanchard, have Tully been the Grima Wormtongue whispering in Adam's ear planting seeds. Page and Spears don't even have to be partners or friends, just business associates who share the same management. Of course they could team up and the like, but could mostly be two singles wrestlers still. Blanchard could have his own faction like The Heenan Family, rather than unit fighting for a common goal like the his Horsemen. "Tully's Horseman" Adam Page would be a helluva thing. Page and Spears are both disillusioned by Cody - so they would share that in common, and they could both be part of Blanchard's ultimate vendetta against the Rhodes family.
Im in!!

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts
Based on Mox comments during his segment at Starrcast it looks like he's beating Kenny and then going after Jericho. We'll see.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Mox hasn't done anything to make friends with anyone in AEW so, it's gonna be interesting seeing him take on Inner Circle by himself.

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,920 Posts
I haven’t made up my mind yet on this one. It’s the $50 that I’m having a hard time kissing off this month. There’s nothing that I’m not looking forward to, but there’s nothing screaming that I have to watch this, either. Probably because I’m getting my fill now on the weekly show that I wasn’t before. As it gets closer I’m leaning more towards getting it, and I most likely will, but I haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
As I stated earlier on this thread, Page is turning tomorrow night. I'm confident in that. I know BTE isn't always canon but the seeds were planted there, along with Page failing to become the first AEW champion and yet Cody is getting the next shot.

MJF is complete misdirection (although that is coming down the road). The money is on Page. A blood feud between him and Cody is what Page definitely needs to take him to the next level.

·
Best Post Machine
566 Posts
Based on Mox comments during his segment at Starrcast it looks like he's beating Kenny and then going after Jericho. We'll see.
There are a lot of people who he could have an alliance of convenience with, because mutual enemies.

Lots of ways to go. Good characterization going on here.

521 - 540 of 2420 Posts