Wrestling Forum banner

421 - 440 of 2420 Posts

·
Le Champion
18,711 Posts
I'm sure that will be structurally fine but I have no interest in it at all. A piss break & beer run match for me tbh.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
They kind of booked themselves into a corner as Britt was really the only challenger who had any build but putting her with Bea makes more sense if shes not gonna win the title.

·
Registered
24,396 Posts
I know Riho vs. Sakura is for the title and therefore should be on the main show. But when Britt vs. Bea has been built for 4 months and has a lot more heat to it and it ends up on the pre show, I don't know, just a weird position to be in.

·
Spanish God
1,029 Posts
Well going from tonight we have Bea vs Britt at the Buy In
Janela vs Spears is pretty much locked in.

On Dynamite we should have SCU's first tag title defense, Riho's women's title match and Jack Hager vs Darby Allin announced too

Main Card

Omega vs Mox
Cody vs Jericho Title match
Bucks vs LAX
Pac vs Page
SCU vs ??? Tag title match
Riho vs ??? Women's title match
Jake Hager vs Darby Allin
Joey Janela vs Shawn Spears

Buy In

Britt vs Bea

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a tag team match for the next contenders for tag titles. Maybe 6 women tag match. Maybe Sammy Guevara getting a match.I would expect another Buy In match. Another match being added to the main card.
Hope sammy gets a match and a win, he has been taking too many losses.

·
Spanish God
1,029 Posts
They’ve done a pretty poor job booking the women’s division and giving it any sort of a storyline tbh.
An easy way to build something is to get some women into the two fighting factions of the elite and inner circle, why do they have to just be men?

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
Something tells me part of the reason for the unsanctioned stip is so that Cody and Jericho can be the official main event but now they wont have to try and follow Mox and Omega which will be insane.

Think it also pretty much confirms what we already knew which is Jericho is gonna retain.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I know Riho vs. Sakura is for the title and therefore should be on the main show. But when Britt vs. Bea has been built for 4 months and has a lot more heat to it and it ends up on the pre show, I don't know, just a weird position to be in.
Riho is more over then both Bea and Britt, let's call a spade a spade here. This Riho vs SAkura match will a lot better of match too, have no doubt in my mind. If I was going for a match that would be better performed I go for the title match every day of the week.

·
Lucas Landslide
1,700 Posts
They kind of booked themselves into a corner as Britt was really the only challenger who had any build but putting her with Bea makes more sense if shes not gonna win the title.
Perfect example as to why in the long run the wins and losses thing just wont work.

Emi has one freaking one for christ sake so either her and Jamie should go over Riho tonight or the wins and losses thing is total bs.

If were going off wins and losses Allie should be getting the title shot.

horrible booking imo

·
Registered
24,396 Posts
Riho is more over then both Bea and Britt, let's call a spade a spade here. This Riho vs SAkura match will a lot better of match too, have no doubt in my mind. If I was going for a match that would be better performed I go for the title match every day of the week.
Is Riho objectively more over then Bea or Britt? Sure, but let's not act like Riho is Becky Lynch and Bea and Britt are Dana Brooke in that regard either.

And even if that is the case, that doesn't mean I am invested in Riho's match. Tonight is the 1st time and only time we'll really see Riho and Sakura interact before Full Gear which is 3 days away. And from what I've seen of Sakura, I mean I'm sure the match will be solid but I'm not gonna say I think it'll be a barn burner.

And with the other match you have a built in rivalry and built in heat. Who knows which one will be better, all I can tell you is I'm far more interested in the Pre Show match than the title match.

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,921 Posts
??? What? I am not taking part in any previous conversation. I am saying the match will be good. Lmao
This is really all I give a shit about. I have to think enough all day long, I don't want to have to use my brain to follow anything when I'm watching wrestling. I don't really much care about intricate story lines (hence my extreme dislike for promos). Give me a simple reason why two wrestlers want to beat each other up, they don't even have to be good ones, just simple, and then show me some good action when they actually get to it. Brawl, chain wrestling, or 'flippy shit', I don't care just make it fun to watch. AEW has given me this so far. Riho vs Emi should be more of exactly that.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,413 Posts
The debate isn't which match is better or has more heat. The question is why didn't AEW make Britt Baker champion if she was the one who they actually wanted to invest more time and heat into. Why is Riho champion if their plan was for Britt Baker and Bea Priestly to be the more important and interesting match on this PPV and for the women's title fight to be thrown together with no build

:eyeroll2

Just pretty much devaluing the title

421 - 440 of 2420 Posts