Wrestling Forum banner

401 - 420 of 2420 Posts

·
C Mac G
6,067 Posts
I don't think Janela/Spears is officially confirmed, but it looks like it'll happen. Think that could lowkey be a really good match, Janela impressed me a lot in his matches with Omega, and Spears had a really good match with Moxley. Don't think it'll be a barn burner or anything, but should be a pretty good match if they get 10-12 minutes.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I don't think Janela/Spears is officially confirmed, but it looks like it'll happen. Think that could lowkey be a really good match, Janela impressed me a lot in his matches with Omega, and Spears had a really good match with Moxley. Don't think it'll be a barn burner or anything, but should be a pretty good match if they get 10-12 minutes.
I think it happen. They need to fill up that card quickly. Janela is great, did a thread saying he is dark horse of AEW so far. I think he get a good match out of Spears. It's the perfect match after a blow away opening match, fan's can catch a breather and this match should be 15 minutes at most. As you said it won't be a barn burner as I don't think Spears has it in him to produce one.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
I'm gonna say for the tag titles we get whoever wins the Dark Order/Private Party match tomorrow and The Lucha Bros challenging SCU in a triple threat.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I'm gonna say for the tag titles we get whoever wins the Dark Order/Private Party match tomorrow and The Lucha Bros challenging SCU in a triple threat.
Definitely could see that.

Definitely think we get Jake Hager debut match, seems like it be Darby Allin.

Riho title defense.

Those three will be added to the main card.

8 matches for the main card, do you reckon that fit into a four hour show. I could see another match for the Buy In alongside Britt vs Bea. I wouldn't be surprised if we get another match for the main card too.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
The fuck is going on... only few matches announced... but like 2 days away???
Well going from tonight we have Bea vs Britt at the Buy In
Janela vs Spears is pretty much locked in.

On Dynamite we should have SCU's first tag title defense, Riho's women's title match and Jack Hager vs Darby Allin announced too

Main Card

Omega vs Mox
Cody vs Jericho Title match
Bucks vs LAX
Pac vs Page
SCU vs ??? Tag title match
Riho vs ??? Women's title match
Jake Hager vs Darby Allin
Joey Janela vs Shawn Spears

Buy In

Britt vs Bea

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a tag team match for the next contenders for tag titles. Maybe 6 women tag match. Maybe Sammy Guevara getting a match.I would expect another Buy In match. Another match being added to the main card.

·
Registered
12,663 Posts
Britt/Bea on the pre show seems quick and a waste on a preshow. Thought this would be built up longer and for a higher showcase.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
The whole Bea/Britt feud is WWE level lazy "story-telling".

They get the bonus of a real life concussion. Then they add the Battle Royal elimination and then....NOTHING for a month, until they announce a pre-PPV show match.

WTF.

This should have been build up as a main PPV grudge match over the last month.

Neither Bea or Britt are established characters for the wide audience.

They were in Britt´s hometown. How about Bea takes a Steelers jersey and some terrible towels and threatens to set them on fire backstage. *Crowd boos*. To which Britt says: Oh no you gonna burn them. Please don´t hurt the towels. *Crowd laughs* To which Bea, then drags Britt´s (stuntwoman) "sister" into the picture, who is wearing a Steelers jersey. She starts to stuff Terrible Towels into her pants and lights her up. *Crowd shocked*

HEY AEW if you want to different from WWE and successful in the long run, you actually have to put in a little effort.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Why are we trying to pigeon-hole a Women's and Tag Team Titles Championship matches on to the PPV? If their isn't a challenger, a viable and realistic challenger set up, leave them off and continue building one until the next PPV/TV title defense. Not a big deal.

WWE does Title matches for the sake of getting Titles on PPV's, to hell, if they make sense or not.

AEW is not WWE.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
The whole Bea/Britt feud is WWE level lazy "story-telling".

They get the bonus of a real life concussion. Then they add the Battle Royal elimination and then....NOTHING for a month, until they announce a pre-PPV show match.

WTF.

This should have been build up as a main PPV grudge match over the last month.

Neither Bea or Britt are established characters for the wide audience.

They were in Britt´s hometown. How about Bea takes a Steelers jersey and some terrible towels and threatens to set them on fire backstage. *Crowd boos*. To which Britt says: Oh no you gonna burn them. Please don´t hurt the towels. *Crowd laughs* To which Bea, then drags Britt´s (stuntwoman) "sister" into the picture, who is wearing a Steelers jersey. She starts to stuff Terrible Towels into her pants and lights her up. *Crowd shocked*

HEY AEW if you want to different from WWE and successful in the long run, you actually have to put in a little effort.
How can AEW book Priestley when she had shows in Japan ?

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
I don't remember who (sorry) told me it was going to be Riho vs Sakura but you were right, GG.

For me they should have never announce it on twitter….

·
Registered
11,839 Posts
AEW really needs to have a blow away go home show tonight. I still think a month into television was way too soon for a PPV - they should be giving away matches on free tv to keep up interest and ratings and establish a solid fanbase before making the ask to have fans pay for top matches.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
How can AEW book Priestley when she had shows in Japan ?
Oh no. Well that excuses everything. Next time, just tell the TV/live audience: Sorry the talent is currently not available, we will continue this hot angle, once Priestley is back from Japan. Now that sounds like a very smart strategy,

OR

how about if you have such a business model (that allows your talent to take outside bookings), you also have to take this into account and plan out your storylines in advance accordingly.

Casual fans are just left wondering why a hot storyline is discontinued and you do that a few times, they leave.

401 - 420 of 2420 Posts