Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2420 Posts

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
Kenny is teaming with Riho in DDT in early November and has said while it's not exactly a scouting mission, he is interested in having both his opponents in AEW in the future. A good way to sell AEW would be to have the title on Riho while over there while teaming with Kenny on DDT anniversary show.

·
Registered
22,749 Posts
The Bucks and Lucha Bros under no circumstances should be in another AEW match for the foreseeable feud. Matches have been fire but between AEW and AAA they've wrestled each other a fucking lot the last few months.

Cody vs Jericho for the belt makes sense

Then do Moxley vs Omega in a cage match

MJF vs Darby Allin

Pac vs Hangman

Nyla vs Britt Baker for the women's title

Private Party (C) vs LAX for the tag titles Lax wins and then the Bucks attack Lax to start that feud.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Thursday is the deadline for them to announce Moxley vs Omega for this PPV. If they do it, that will be the day - the day before tickets go on sale, just like they did for All Out. If they don't, then the match is guaranteed to take place on TV.

·
Banned
13,336 Posts
Thursday is the deadline for them to announce Moxley vs Omega for this PPV. If they do it, that will be the day - the day before tickets go on sale, just like they did for All Out. If they don't, then the match is guaranteed to take place on TV.
Why do they need to announce it now?

We already know the show will auto sell out. That's almost a given at this stage.

I hope i didn't jinx it.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Why do they need to announce it now?

We already know the show will auto sell out. That's almost a given at this stage.

I hope i didn't jinx it.
Same reason they announced it the day before All Out tickets went on sale.

Although the match has lost some juice now.

·
Banned
13,336 Posts
Same reason they announced it the day before All Out tickets went on sale.

Although the match has lost some juice now.
Only because they've stopped promoting it. We probably just need one segment to get hyped again. I reckon that we will see like a tournament for the World Championship (or some sort of number 1 contender match) on the first televised where Moxley interrupts and helps whoever defeat Omega.

And remember that DON sold out quickly without Moxley. I don't think any one match will help sell out an arena at this point.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Only because they've stopped promoting it. We probably just need one segment to get hyped again. I reckon that we will see like a tournament for the World Championship (or some sort of number 1 contender match) on the first televised where Moxley interrupts and helps whoever defeat Omega.

And remember that DON sold out quickly without Moxley. I don't think any one match will help sell out an arena at this point.
It would be foolishly arrogant of them to expect guaranteed sellouts for every event without proper promotion.

·
Banned
13,336 Posts
It would be foolishly arrogant of them to expect guaranteed sellouts for every event without proper promotion.
They don't need to sell out immediately. We've got 2 months and a whole month of weekly promo going out to the masses. Enough time to sell out.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
They don't need to sell out immediately. We've got 2 months and a whole month of weekly promo going out to the masses. Enough time to sell out.
Most events that sell out do so within the first days/weeks of tickets going on sale. They know this, which is why they've announced matches prior to every single one of their events going on sale.

They may very well sell out Full Gear without any match announcement, but it's far from a guarantee.

However, I'm sticking with my prediction that this match happens on TV.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Am I the only one who wouldn't mind another world title match for Page? There are a several weeks before the show, and we have a month of tv before the PPV.

They could do a storyline where gets pissed about the number of people in the business saying he "wasn't ready" for the main event. And he campaigns to get another match. Jericho can refuse, and say that he got his shot,and proved he was a loser, and Page can try to force Jericho to accept the challange. Maybe Jericho could go on a talk show to promote AEW, and Page comes through the crowd and attacks him on live tv. Jericho finally accepts the challange, but only if Page can not get another shot at the title if he loses, meaning he can never become number 1 contender again, until a new champion is crowned. Jericho wins the match, and Page can be set up as the top upper-midcard guy for when they reveal their midcard title.

Then, also at Full Gear, they could have Pac vs Omega vs Moxley to see who faces the champion at the next PPV. This triple threat, to me, is the best way to go with Moxley's injury and PAC beating Omega at All Out. Moxley can win the the match and face Jericho at the next PPV, while Omega continues his losing streak while commentary team keeps hinting that maybe he's losing his touch since leaving Japan,which would be a great storyline leading up to him winning the world title next year.

And since they are apparently not going to have mandated rematches, and that the champion will have a say in who he faces, it means that a new challenger could be used every PPV.

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
Am I the only one who wouldn't mind another world title match for Page? There are a several weeks before the show, and we have a month of tv before the PPV.

They could do a storyline where gets pissed about the number of people in the business saying he "wasn't ready" for the main event. And he campaigns to get another match. Jericho can refuse, and say that he got his shot,and proved he was a loser, and Page can try to force Jericho to accept the challange. Maybe Jericho could go on a talk show to promote AEW, and Page comes through the crowd and attacks him on live tv. Jericho finally accepts the challange, but only if Page can not get another shot at the title if he loses, meaning he can never become number 1 contender again, until a new champion is crowned. Jericho wins the match, and Page can be set up as the top upper-midcard guy for when they reveal their midcard title.

Then, also at Full Gear, they could have Pac vs Omega vs Moxley to see who faces the champion at the next PPV. This triple threat, to me, is the best way to go with Moxley's injury and PAC beating Omega at All Out. Moxley can win the the match and face Jericho at the next PPV, while Omega continues his losing streak while commentary team keeps hinting that maybe he's losing his touch since leaving Japan,which would be a great storyline leading up to him winning the world title next year.

And since they are apparently not going to have mandated rematches, and that the champion will have a say in who he faces, it means that a new challenger could be used every PPV.

Im sure he will but the rematch should be for him to win the belt maybe.So that aint happening any time soon. Unless its not a clean lose than im sure a rematch will happen on the weekly show with some stable heel formation

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Im sure he will but the rematch should be for him to win the belt maybe.So that aint happening any time soon. Unless its not a clean lose than im sure a rematch will happen on the weekly show with some stable heel formation
I disagree. I think Jericho should keep the belt for at least a couple PPV's and be build up as a dominant heel. I think Omega should win the belt before Page. They already have a great angle going with Omega's losing streak, and the commentators talking about how he's lost his touch since leaving Japan. Jericho should win at Full Gear against Page, then he can face Moxley and win (after Moxley beats PAC and Omega in a three-way for the chance), and then at next year's Double or Nothing, Omega can finally get his shot and win.

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
I didnt say adam was next to win the belt. Sorry misunderstanding.

Wait did the announcers say kenny has lost his touch since leaving jaoan or id that what you think will happen? If so this confirms his storyline which i already assumed

·
Team AEW
2,982 Posts
This will probably sell out in minutes again. AEW has loyal fanbase for now, so this sell-outs will continue for some time. The big question is - will they maintain that streak? Because if the product will be shit, then people will slowly turn away.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
This will be the first PPV with more time to build on TV rather than through 10 minute weekly YouTube videos.

I hope they avoid trying to stack the card with as much talent as possible.

7 matches IMO should suffice

3 title matches
2 grudge matches(1 women, 1 men)
2 title eliminators

·
C Mac G
6,116 Posts
Starrcast IV was announced for the night before, seems like they are going to the well a bit too much for this, but hey, if people are willing to travel, more power too them. AEW has done it right by having these shows on a Saturday that makes it easy to travel and not miss work on Monday, tough with a Sunday WWE show.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
A month of television and already another $50 PPV? Not a fan of this. Are they going to spam PPV's every two months now? Their first weeks of television are so important that they should be giving away top matches rather than holding them back for PPV blow-offs. And back to the DC market already - what is that 5 weeks separation between AEWDC and Full Gear?
Totally agree! Focus on the weekly shows as a priority and all the starting fundamentals that comes with that, rather than saturate us with meaningless and confusing PPV content. Burgeoning AEW fans just might walk away. I hope AEW dont go down that route.

And $50 (£41) is too much, especially if that week there is a clash with NJPW, NXT Takeover, Indie etc.

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
Another friggin Starrcast. Are those Conrad Thompson's primary means of earning a living or something? They're going to burn out fan bases with this. Every PPV is going to have an "fan axxess" type of event which WWE only has once/twice a year. AEW will have done four in 4-5 months. I can't imagine people paying for the PPV of it - but what do I know.

21 - 40 of 2420 Posts