Wrestling Forum banner

261 - 280 of 2420 Posts

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
Card is loaded so far, I would say the top 3 matches are above what DON and All Out had on paper.

Also not sure if anyone saw but MJF is officially in Cody's corner for the match with Jericho. Let the speculation begin.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
The top three matches are alone good enough for this show to be one of their better PPV's.

I could see Lucha Bros vs SCU rematch for the titles as That's where i'm expecting it to go.

I be shocked if Riho doesn't defend her title on this show, I wonder who they get for her to face.

I expect Bea vs Britt, but god I keep it to the pre show. Britt isn't good at all.

I expect another two or three matches on top of those.

·
15,626 Posts
Still think Pac and Page get a rematch here, probably after Page gets involved the match with Moxley next week as no way that match ends in a decisive finish.

·
Justice 4 Asuka
1,106 Posts
I think we could end up getting Darby/Hager after Hager cost him the title last night. I'd rather see a conclusion to the tag titles at this PPV rather than in 2 weeks at Dynamite, what they should do is have the final go beyond the time limit forcing a rematch to decide. I think SCU will cost Lucha bros the match with PP.

Jerricho v Cody
Mox v Omega
Pac v Page
Bucks v LAX
Allin v Hager
PP v Dark order tag titles match
Lucha Bros v SCU
Riho v Nyla v Britt triple threat

Looks a pretty stacked card and has potential for PPV of the year if these matches deliver.

·
15,626 Posts
Well with LAX facing the Bucks that takes the stable match off the table, maybe they'll do Sammy/Darby.

Cody/Jericho
Mox/Omega
Bucks/LAX
Britt/Riho/Nyla
Lucha Bros/SCU
Sammy/Darby
Pac/Page
Hager/Dustin maybe
Dark Order/PP/Best Friends/Jurassic

Could maybe see Jurassic added to the tag title match based off what happened with Luchasaurus.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Well with LAX facing the Bucks that takes the stable match off the table, maybe they'll do Sammy/Darby.

Cody/Jericho
Mox/Omega
Bucks/LAX
Britt/Riho/Nyla
Lucha Bros/SCU
Sammy/Darby
Pac/Page
Hager/Dustin maybe
Dark Order/PP/Best Friends/Jurassic

Could maybe see Jurassic added to the tag title match based off what happened with Luchasaurus.
I still think we will have two women matches at the most, Bea/Britt, i have Bea go over in that as Britt needs to step back from the limelight a bit and Riho/Whoever they get for the women's title. riho wins. Leads to a feud between Bea/Riho leading up to the next PPV maybe.

That's a strong card. Potential for 5 or 6 **** stars and over matches.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I think Bea has a stardom commitment that day in Japan, atleast that's what I heard.
Really, that sucks. Who else have they got, Britt/Nyla/Riho could be a total disaster but if worked out before hand (tough seen as Riho flys in a day before the shows) it might not be bad. Allie vs Riho might be okay. I think flying in Yuka and having Yuka vs Riho is the best match they have for me.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
They seriously have to tie down Yuka
I get with Yuka, she probably did a show or two as a favor for the heads of DDT/TJPW and AEW, they weren't expecting her to get as over as she did. I just don't get that she's interested in going full time. That's the problem with the women's division, most of the talent that got over aren't full time (Riho, Yuka and Bea) or left (Kylie Rae). That's worrying for AEW with their women's division. The fact none of their American talent has gotten over yet is worrying especially Britt.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I get with Yuka, she probably did a show or two as a favor for the heads of DDT/TJPW and AEW, they weren't expecting her to get as over as she did. I just don't get that she's interested in going full time. That's the problem with the women's division, most of the talent that got over aren't full time (Riho, Yuka and Bea) or left (Kylie Rae). That's worrying for AEW with their women's division. The fact none of their American talent has gotten over yet is worrying especially Britt.
I guess they are hedging their bets on building the whole thing around Riho and Shida as the capable vets?

·
Le Champion
18,651 Posts
I definitely think we're gonna get a Riho/Nyla rematch here. Don't see much else that makes sense unless they start booking another woman really strongly in the next few weeks. We'll see though. Maybe Awesome Kong will magically make an appearance. :p

·
15,626 Posts
Yeah I would have thought atleast 1 Kong/Nyla match would be planned especially after how Kong debuted.

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,919 Posts
Yeah I would have thought atleast 1 Kong/Nyla match would be planned especially after how Kong debuted.
That’s one that’s going to need a long, slow build, if they’re going to do it. It needs a few more ‘impromptu’ face offs, like in battle royals and tag matches, where they tease the big collision for a long time and cook up some good reason why one wants to destroy the other. That could be a women’s version of Hogan vs Andre if they build it up right. But both of them need to be really established as absolute monsters, including Nyla sharpening up her game a bit.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I guess they are hedging their bets on building the whole thing around Riho and Shida as the capable vets?
I think Shida should be the long term talent as their bad ass champ, either as heel or face. She might not get as over as Riho but you go to keep her strong.

Riho is the type of talent, you bring in and out of AEW. So she has her run as champ, loses the title and the rematch then goes away for two or three months. Maybe make appearance on DARK episode. Keep her off live TV and then when you need a top babyface contender bring her back in. She's their most over women's star so far, and the crowd love her. I would think Yuka would be the same too.

I worry for that division once you take Riho and Shida away from the title and take them off TV to keep them fresh. That's when this division really needs to step up.

·
Banned
76 Posts
I bought the first two PPVs out of curiosity but I probably won't be coming back for this one. They haven't made me care about Jericho vs Cody enough and I can't sit through 4.5 hours of wrestling. They really need to cut these down to 3 hours.

261 - 280 of 2420 Posts