Wrestling Forum banner

181 - 200 of 2420 Posts

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts
How the fuck are they not gonna have a PAC/Moxley/Omega three-way to determine the next number 1 contender?

They are still gonna have no automatic rematches for the champion right? So if Cody wins, Jericho doesn't get a rematch. And a triple threat between those 3 would be a perfect way to set up for the world title match at the PPV following Full Gear.
That would be a huge mistake. Save threeways and multi man matches for the undercard and TV shows.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I wonder how or if they are gonna book a tag title match. The tournament ends pretty much directly before Full Gear. I can't imagine they will be able to build a story with next to no time.

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts
I wonder how or if they are gonna book a tag title match. The tournament ends pretty much directly before Full Gear. I can't imagine they will be able to build a story with next to no time.
The tournament is the story. Just have someone attack them right after the win and that's it.

·
Le Champion
18,732 Posts
Depends on who's in the finals. If it's any combination of The Bucks/LAX/Lucha Bros then it won't be hard to make a title match for Full Gear. Bunch of shit talking and then whoever doesn't win talks about the attack at All Out and the champs don't back down from a challenge, etc etc. You follow me.

I fantasy booked a 3 way and it sounds like the safest and easiest route to go based on what happened at All Out. Probably be a crazy ass match too. Can't imagine anyone really wants to see Dark Order win the belts, Jungle Express will likely be fan favorite underdogs, and I can't see Best Friends winning either.

OR

Jack Evans & Angelico get really pissed since they've lost everything and attack the champs after they win. They shit talk the rankings system and how whoever is in charge doesn't wanna give them a shot, but whomever the champs are say fuck it and decide to give them the first shot anyway. Either one works for me. :lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
The tournament is the story. Just have someone attack them right after the win and that's it.
I'm thinking they could have an angle where one team gets screwed over and feel they are owed a proper shot at the belt. And then maybe they could attack the winning team or something. I do think attacking people is an underwhelming way to make up a story line.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
The Jéricho vs Cody might no be set in stone because in a interview for IGN Cody said the following :
But it may not end up being me versus Chris Jericho. Because Chris Jericho still has a title defense before that in Philadelphia. And it may not be me if I take a loss to Sammy Guevara on the premiere episode. I think Chris Jericho is probably going to get through his first title defense, but if he doesn't we're going to stick to our word about win/loss records being a deciding factor. It's really about the data and who has the best record."

·
Registered
24,526 Posts
Cody vs. Jericho will still happen at Full Gear, no doubt about it. Now maybe we get some twists and turns. Maybe Sammy pulls off the ultimate upset in DC and beats Cody. And then maybe Sammy gets the title shot against Jericho in Philly and Cody has to win another match to keep his shot.

Or, probably not. Regardless, with Omega, Mox, Hangman, and PAC all busy, Cody is literally the only person left at a high enough level to be in a PPV main event with Chris Jericho.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Cody vs. Jericho will still happen at Full Gear, no doubt about it. Now maybe we get some twists and turns. Maybe Sammy pulls off the ultimate upset in DC and beats Cody. And then maybe Sammy gets the title shot against Jericho in Philly and Cody has to win another match to keep his shot.

Or, probably not. Regardless, with Omega, Mox, Hangman, and PAC all busy, Cody is literally the only person left at a high enough level to be in a PPV main event with Chris Jericho.
Even if he beat Cody he can't face Jéricho because his record would be 1-1

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
Some seem to miss the point of the name full gear,It presents the fact they should be fully functioning and full force by the ppv. The first 5 weekly shows are just setting things up and tag tournament ect. Wont be a lot of story building until after the ppv.That is when they will start the strong plots

·
Le Champion
18,732 Posts
Some seem to miss the point of the name full gear,It presents the fact they should be fully functioning and full force by the ppv. The first 5 weekly shows are just setting things up and tag tournament ect. Wont be a lot of story building until after the ppv.That is when they will start the strong plots
Maybe... or maybe it's a just a rib at Page for always being in full gear. :p

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
That would be a huge mistake. Save threeways and multi man matches for the undercard and TV shows.
Some of the best world title matches of all time were 3 ways.

Reactions: Raye

·
Registered
860 Posts
So we know Mox/Omega, Cody/Jericho, Page/PAC. Probably some sort of variation of LAX/Bucks/Lucha Bros. I'm more curious about what the under-card will look like, but that'll probably be built up via tv.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I feel like maybe Dustin returns to feud with one of the younger guys. Dustin vs just about anybody would be a great addition to this card.

·
Registered
24,526 Posts
So we know Mox/Omega, Cody/Jericho, Page/PAC. Probably some sort of variation of LAX/Bucks/Lucha Bros. I'm more curious about what the under-card will look like, but that'll probably be built up via tv.
Probably MJF vs. Spears with MJF taking his buddy's place while Cody focuses on the World Title. Britt vs. Bea seems like a lock as a non title grudge match. And then whoever the Women's Champion is defending against someone.

Even if he beat Cody he can't face Jéricho because his record would be 1-1
They've only had 4 shows, so it's not like anyone else has an impressive W/L record yet. And if Sammy can beat the #1 ranked contender, that could catapult him to the top of the line.

Wins and losses should mean more than a record. Beating the #1 ranked guy should mean more than beat the #20 ranked guy.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I think their main event/upper mid card and their tag team division is already all set up and ready to go.

I think the mid card and women's division is where I want to see it been worked on during the first few TV's. They've got some good mid card talent, getting a feud or two set up before their next PPV would be expected. The women's division, whoever the champ is between Riho/Nyla and you can have someone run out after it or do something backstage to begin their feud and you have Britt/Bea feud.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I thought it meant no singlets.

181 - 200 of 2420 Posts