Wrestling Forum banner
61 - 80 of 109 Posts

· Registered
27,475 Posts
Dead space

Have over a million sales in first year and they still called it "unremarkable"

It didn't do great. Aew doesn't have a fan base that can pull 1.4 million without question.

What at all points to aew being able to for sure get 1.4 million copies sold?
did they sell more when they changed their rating to T or E? Cause that is the debate we're having

· Registered
799 Posts
bro, nobody played witcher 1 and 2, c’mon

or any other skyrim

and even if they did…. The dedicated fanbases were small to decent size… like….. AEDub friend!

fact is, i have a google list of great selling M games and i just keep giving you examples, and you have yet to give me an example of a known property that sold better when it dropped its rating

like, give 3 examples and i’ll concede
No one played other skryims?
9.5 Million played oblivion. By your logic dead space games were bad as they sold less then oblivion.
Elder scrolls online sold 18 mil. That beats alnost ANY of your other games

Give an example of a game that GAINED counts when they went form t to m?

Youre showing sucsesfull m ratted games
no ones saying there are no sucsesfull m ratted games.

26 of the top 50 games ever released are Nintendo games.

· Registered
27,475 Posts
No one played other skryims?
9.5 Million played oblivion. By your logic dead space games were bad as they sold less then oblivion.
Elder scrolls online sold 18 mil. That beats alnost ANY of your other games

Give an example of a game that GAINED counts when they went form t to m?

Youre showing sucsesfull m ratted games
no ones saying there are no sucsesfull m ratted games.

26 of the top 50 games ever released are Nintendo games.
i’m saying M vs T will make no diff in a fighting game of this nature in sales

you’ve yet to give any proof to the contrary

you might as well say ‘minecraft is rated 8+, therefore it should be 8+ otherwise it will sell less’

· Registered
799 Posts
i’m saying M vs T will make no diff in a fighting game of this nature in sales

you’ve yet to give any proof to the contrary

you might as well say ‘minecraft is rated 8+, therefore it should be 8+ otherwise it will sell less’
You're the onenclaiming it should be M

Why should it be? Again you're whole point wss "they'll buy it anyway"

The fact that over 50% of the best selling games of all time are e to t at best shows that way more people buy those games then m rated games.

These people have access to data you don't have.
There is a reason mutiple games delay and work to get the t raiting

Their not doing it just cause. They know more then you do

· Registered
27,475 Posts
You're the onenclaiming it should be M

Why should it be? Again you're whole point wss "they'll buy it anyway"

The fact that over 50% of the best selling games of all time are e to t at best shows that way more people buy those games then m rated games.

These people have access to data you don't have.
There is a reason mutiple games delay and work to get the t raiting

Their not doing it just cause. They know more then you do
and the other 50%?

i can understand THQ wanting it T to hedge their bets on a new property, i just don't think it will make any difference - and i've seen no data of a sequel to an M game going T, or a remaster of an M game going T doing more sales to disprove my opinion

· Registered
3,291 Posts
and the other 50%?

i can understand THQ wanting it T to hedge their bets on a new property, i just don't think it will make any difference - and i've seen no data of a sequel to an M game going T, or a remaster of an M game going T doing more sales to disprove my opinion
There is a reason why AEWs game has gone back and forth with the ratings board. It’s because they want the T rating. They know what will make them the most money. You can’t just say “dedicated fans will buy it anyway and word of mouth will spread”. That might be true. But that is also true if it’s teen rated. A teen rated game will simply reach a wider fanbase. Fact.

· Registered
27,475 Posts
There is a reason why AEWs game has gone back and forth with the ratings board. It’s because they want the T rating. They know what will make them the most money. You can’t just say “dedicated fans will buy it anyway and word of mouth will spread”. That might be true. But that is also true if it’s teen rated. A teen rated game will simply reach a wider fanbase. Fact.
a T rating will make the mythical mom buyer happy

but this is not a game thats bought day 1 by the mythical mom - she is a unicorn like the mythical casual viewer

if the release it as is, the fanbase will buy it, and it its good, other fighting game enthusiasts will buy it and then the modern mom will bend over backwards to get it for her little monster if its popular

the rating doesn't affect that flow, its merely executives being executives

· Registered
799 Posts
a T rating will make the mythical mom buyer happy

but this is not a game thats bought day 1 by the mythical mom - she is a unicorn like the mythical casual viewer

if the release it as is, the fanbase will buy it, and it its good, other fighting game enthusiasts will buy it and then the modern mom will bend over backwards to get it for her little monster if its popular

the rating doesn't affect that flow, its merely executives being executives
A wrestling game has NOTHING to do with fighting enthusiasts

It's not the same category at all.

A wrestling fan doesn't instalty say "oh boy I need the new mortal Kombat" nor does a fighting game say I need 2k23.
Wrestling games are NOT the same.

And experts who actually know the business and making a living ij marketing disagree with your view.

Executives being executives do it cause they've done it you never made a game. Never looked up sales
You just say "no one cares about the raitng" (tell me what's the % of adults who would buy a game for their kid?) You don't know these people have data and experience in the area.

· Registered
799 Posts
and the other 50%?

14 games are rated M

Of those 14 games

5 are call of duty games
3 are GTA
8 of the 14 are two series that are the exceptions, not the rules.
Meaning there is only 6 stand alone games on this list rated m.
Oh and other then gta 5 (which has like 150 mil sold)
The next m rated game has 38 mil and 30 mil for 4 of the m rated games.

There is a reason no other m rated game is even close to gta 5. It's an exception.

9 of the 14 are in the bottom are between 26-50

· Registered
3,738 Posts
bro, nobody played witcher 1 and 2, c’mon

or any other skyrim

and even if they did…. The dedicated fanbases were small to decent size… like….. AEDub friend!

fact is, i have a google list of great selling M games and i just keep giving you examples, and you have yet to give me an example of a known property that sold better when it dropped its rating

like, give 3 examples and i’ll concede
I'll give ya The Witcher.. But the 4th Elder Scrolls game Oblivion sold 9 million.

· Registered
18,699 Posts
This debate is stupid because AAA studios are mostly only doing sequels and reboots regardless of whether they are T or M.

AEW had to go out of their way to make their own game because no one was clamoring to make a game based on a new IP.

Then they found a publisher in THQ Nordic, which is not the same as what THQ was back in the day. This is an indie publisher and Fight Forever is an indie game

· Registered
6,402 Posts

A wrestling fan doesn't instalty say "oh boy I need the new mortal Kombat" nor does a fighting game say I need 2k23.

And experts who actually know the business and making a living ij marketing disagree with your view.

Executives being executives do it cause they've done it you never made a game. Never looked up sales
You just say "no one cares about the raitng" (tell me what's the % of adults who would buy a game for their kid?) You don't know these people have data and experience in the area.
Yeah

But these kids want to play as Darby Allin, not Uncle Howdy :sneaky:

The art style is less realistic, so it's only logical to fully capitalise on all the fun things you can do in this game that you can't do in WWE's simulation game. The most positive response to the game so far has been for the thumbtack video with someone bleeding everywhere. People really like those elements.

Minimising/eliminating blood for a T rating could make the game less appealing. If it's just a quick little resubmission, they might as well try... but really, nobody cares about the rating.

· Registered
27,475 Posts
14 games are rated M

Of those 14 games

5 are call of duty games
3 are GTA
8 of the 14 are two series that are the exceptions, not the rules.
Meaning there is only 6 stand alone games on this list rated m.
Oh and other then gta 5 (which has like 150 mil sold)
The next m rated game has 38 mil and 30 mil for 4 of the m rated games.

There is a reason no other m rated game is even close to gta 5. It's an exception.

9 of the 14 are in the bottom are between 26-50
so you're saying there's a chance! that's all a plucky indie game needs!

M is for masterful, T is for tragedy

· Registered
27,475 Posts

i've actually made a game - 3 in fact

they were all shit - but i made them

· Registered
799 Posts
Yeah

But these kids want to play as Darby Allin, not Uncle Howdy :sneaky:

The art style is less realistic, so it's only logical to fully capitalise on all the fun things you can do in this game that you can't do in WWE's simulation game. The most positive response to the game so far has been for the thumbtack video with someone bleeding everywhere. People really like those elements.

Minimising/eliminating blood for a T rating could make the game less appealing. If it's just a quick little resubmission, they might as well try... but really, nobody cares about the rating.
You don't care. Not nobody.

Do you think game companies struggle to get raitings becuse of.... nothing?

They don't know what their doing? They don't know more about advertising and other pacts that make T the safer bet for a good sell then M?

· Registered
6,402 Posts
You don't care. Not nobody.

Do you think game companies struggle to get raitings becuse of.... nothing?

They don't know what their doing? They don't know more about advertising and other pacts that make T the safer bet for a good sell then M?
I'm not trying to generalise every video game in history, I'm just talking about AEW Fight Forever

It's a moot point, THQ will make their decision... I just hope none of the Darby Allin kids get stuck playing as Uncle Howdy instead

· Registered
799 Posts
i've actually made a game - 3 in fact

they were all shit - but i made them
And how much did they sell? Do you have data on selling records and the affect of raitings on who will and won't advertise your game if m rated?

They have it. There is a reason they forl the Starr want a T rated game

It's not just execs being execs. It's data, research and marketing all pointing to t being better suited for them.

61 - 80 of 109 Posts