Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1852 Posts

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts
I think stuff like Brandi vs Allie works if it's kept to the pre-show. Gotta give them some opportunity to develop a bit. Especially considering they don't appear to want to run house shows to build synergy.

I'm not quite sure what they might put up for the rest of this card. Probably Riho vs Rose? I think Jericho could work in a tag match but he's got no one in particular to tag with. Lucha Bros vs Best Friends? Private Party vs SCU vs Jack Evans/Angelico?

I get the feeling this show will have a disconnected feel to it compared to Fyter Fest but tonnes of potential for just a straight up wrestling show.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I think stuff like Brandi vs Allie works if it's kept to the pre-show. Gotta give them some opportunity to develop a bit. Especially considering they don't appear to want to run house shows to build synergy.

I'm not quite sure what they might put up for the rest of this card. Probably Riho vs Rose? I think Jericho could work in a tag match but he's got no one in particular to tag with. Lucha Bros vs Best Friends? Private Party vs SCU vs Jack Evans/Angelico?

I get the feeling this show will have a disconnected feel to it compared to Fyter Fest but tonnes of potential for just a straight up wrestling show.
After the ending of the 3 way match, I was thinking Riho vs Yuka is the way to go. It looks clearly that it was set up for with Riho push Yuka away.

I don't see Brandi vs Allie been on the pre show somehow. I could see a twist happening with that, with maybe someone debuting and standing in for Brandi. Maybe Tenille.

·
Registered
16,745 Posts
So far the only match I'm looking forward to is the Rhodes brothers ve Young Bucks. Dont know anything about Kip Sabian. Maybe they throw in MJF someplace there or another match I'm sure.

·
Le Champion
18,652 Posts
So far the only match I'm looking forward to is the Rhodes brothers ve Young Bucks. Dont know anything about Kip Sabian. Maybe they throw in MJF someplace there or another match I'm sure.
Omega vs. CIMA should be great. Kenny was ULTRA motivated last night and CIMA has been consistently good for years.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Omega vs. CIMA should be great. Kenny was ULTRA motivated last night and CIMA has been consistently good for years.
Wasn't Bea Priestly supposed to make her debut on this show, maybe have her replace Brandi to face Allie instead. Or have Bea face a Joshi talent. I want a Joshi match on the card as they have been the sleeper matches of the last two PPV's.

Definitely need MJF doing something on the card. Need a Shawn Speirs match on the card as well imo.

Omega vs Cima should be a good match at worse.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Yeah this has skip written all over it.

It's just to soon from Fyter Fest and i feel it will be just a quick haphazard show put together at the last minute.
I actually think fyter was the more haphazard one

They announced FFTF basically at their first press conference

And it is their first hometown show

I think this is where it kicks off to some degree

·
Registered
452 Posts
I really hope this show has a darker more serious tone like poeple are suggetiong. That's what I think AEW needs to be. It needs to be dark and edgy. I like the fact that the big 3 of Moxley, Jericho and Omega all wear black. It's a nice change from all of the fruity colors all the main eventers wear these days.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
lol, tony khan said fight for the fallen was in the projects before even fyter fest and will be a representation of what their tv show is gonna be like. so you can damn be sure it's not a throw away show. the Jackson bros said it's a serious show without any funny thing. basically it is cuter fest that was the throw away/house showish show.
and sorry but omega got back in his prime shape and against a cima it's gonna be something else + the Jackson bros vs the Rhodes bro. a Jericho appearance, yeah I am damn sure this show is much more important.

I really hope this show has a darker more serious tone like poeple are suggetiong. That's what I think AEW needs to be. It needs to be dark and edgy. I like the fact that the big 3 of Moxley, Jericho and Omega all wear black. It's a nice change from all of the fruity colors all the main eventers wear these days.
they confirmed it in an interview that it was gonna be the polar opposite of cuter fest. you can also see it in the matches. young bucks vs the Rhodes, Kenny vs cima, jericho being there is a sign that it's the real deal. also this show was booked before the idea of doing the CEO show was even born

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,920 Posts
Ugly card so far.
So far:
Adam Page vs. Kip Sabian
Brandi Rhodes vs. Allie
Kenny Omega vs. CIMA
Cody and Dustin Rhodes vs. The Young Bucks

The only clunker here is Brandi vs Allie. The rest are worth tuning in for even if no other matches are announced. Kenny vs CIMA could knock it seriously out of the park. If this is what you call ugly, you should probably just stop following this promotion right now.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
So far:
Adam Page vs. Kip Sabian
Brandi Rhodes vs. Allie
Kenny Omega vs. CIMA
Cody and Dustin Rhodes vs. The Young Bucks

The only clunker here is Brandi vs Allie. The rest are worth tuning in for even if no other matches are announced. Kenny vs CIMA could knock it seriously out of the park. If this is what you call ugly, you should probably just stop following this promotion right now.
i am not saying brandi is a good wrestler, she isn't. but I tend not to sleep on. anyone, she can bump like crazy ( I saw some of her indy stuff) and she put an absolute wonderful spear on dustin at DON. the problem is her opponent, she isn't someone who can carry a match. if this was against Kylie Rae, I would expect a good fight because Kylie is a phenomenal worker. but here? I wouldn't mind of it's int he preshow. because she is gonna have it very rough with the current card, there are some legit top tier match on this card.

·
Registered
12,648 Posts
Brandie/Allie will be a long piss break for me, but excited for the event. Needs more though obviously, a strong semi main.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
I expect we get interference in Brandi/Allie. Maybe even a debut from Sadie Gibbs, Bea Priestley, or a surprise with Tenille Dashwood.

There has to be a purpose of this match as the Women's title will be revealed at All Out.

·
C Mac G
5,965 Posts
The Bucks/Rhodes match will be top tier, it has potential to be one of the best matches of the year. Omega/Cima will be excellent. Page/Sabian should be pretty good.

Not sure how you can say the card is bad based on one buffer female match that will be no worse than shit like Bayley/Alexa.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
I'm going to say this about Page, though. They need to really establish his character and motive relatively soon before All Out in August. Why is he "Hangman"? Why should be invested in him as a title contender or someone who can beat a legend like Jericho? For the hardcore Elite fans, it may be redundant but for the casuals and new AEW fans they will look to grab, they need to convince us as to why Page is going to be a superstar for their promotion.

I don't doubt that they can't do it. The videos on Darby Allin, Private Party, and MJF prove to me they can get Adam Page across as someone fans will get behind but this harkens back to the Kurt Angle/Bobby Roode feud and match at BFG 2011 for the TNA World title where Bobby won the BFG Series and they aired videos of Roode for weeks leading up to the event that really convinced you why he is ready to be champion and can actually look like an upcoming talent that can beat a world-class legend like Angle.

I'm not saying he should be the first World champion. That title belongs to Jericho as a lead-in for TNT but that doesn't mean you can't put out videos and interviews making him look like milion bucks. There is something there with Page, going by the reactions and presentation they have given him for DoN and Fyter Fest but more needs to be done. Hopefully, they start that trend here against Sabian.

·
Banned
8,928 Posts
I'm going to say this about Page, though. They need to really establish his character and motive relatively soon before All Out in August. Why is he "Hangman"? Why should be invested in him as a title contender or someone who can beat a legend like Jericho? For the hardcore Elite fans, it may be redundant but for the casuals and new AEW fans they will look to grab, they need to convince us as to why Page is going to be a superstar for their promotion.

I don't doubt that they can't do it. The videos on Darby Allin, Private Party, and MJF prove to me they can get Adam Page across as someone fans will get behind but this harkens back to the Kurt Angle/Bobby Roode feud and match at BFG 2011 for the TNA World title where Bobby won the BFG Series and they aired videos of Roode for weeks leading up to the event that really convinced you why he is ready to be champion and can actually look like an upcoming talent that can beat a world-class legend like Angle.

I'm not saying he should be the first World champion. That title belongs to Jericho as a lead-in for TNT but that doesn't mean you can't put out videos and interviews making him look like milion bucks. There is something there with Page, going by the reactions and presentation they have given him for DoN and Fyter Fest but more needs to be done. Hopefully, they start that trend here against Sabian.

Sorta agree but sorta dont. I agree they need to be show casing him more in video maybe ? i guess the problem is they need that weekly show. I guess it will just give us a glimpse of what will come from him down the road.We know he will lose

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts
Working Fyter Fest in a fatal four way with three other guys who don't have the cred, and winning a Battle Royale where he was the only capable winner just paints Hangman in a negative light, IMO. Winning is totally right in that he must be built with a character intensive match against Kip and a pre-match video promo that promotes what this means to him, and why it means that. All Out is already sold but I think his match against Kip will mean more to him than facing Jericho because if he doesn't deliver the goods, the wider audience won't warm up to him. He's clearly in this position because the Elite love him. It's time to show why. I thought he had an average G1 with only a great match against Suzuki. I really gotta see more from him.

He's one of the few guys that must show why the Elite trust him ASAP (along with Spears). I want to try be optimistic about everything but the guys in big matches on the biggest show to date must be going into it with gale-force winds in their sails otherwise the show is going to take a battering in terms of reception.

61 - 80 of 1852 Posts