1 - 20 of 809 Posts

·
Registered
*coin drop*
14,333 Posts

LFG

Why I love this:

• Guaranteed banger match every week.
  • Trios division has had some great matches but this could DEFINE it as a staple of AEW. A putting-it-on-the-map series.
  • Best of 7s are the more sporty approach many of us wanted from AEW, as it feels like a sporting contest with stakes.

Some other good best of's:

• Magnum TA vs. Nikita Koloff (NWA 1986)
  • Benoit vs. Booker T (WCW 1998, later redone by WWE in 2005)
  • Sheamus vs. Cesaro (WWE 2016)
  • Danielson vs. Homicide (ROH 2004~2005)

And the best of all:

• MGMG vs. Beer Money (TNA 2010)

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
Queen Cobra
35,555 Posts
I’m pumped for the Death Triangle/The Elite.

Penta is my favorite AEW wrestler, and Matt Jackson is one of my boyfriends, it’s really a win win situation.

All great wrestlers involved in this.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Death Triangle VS The Elite
Ishii VS Jericho
Page VS Starks
OC VS Hager

Good card so far. Guessing this will be Jericho's last defense before Final Battle so either this week or next we should have learn who he defends against.

Hoping Ego wins.

Hoping we here from 2 belts Joe.

Wonder if the House of Black make their return here and set up a short fued to begin being rebuilt?

Wonder if we see any story progress on The Gunns and FTR. Would be a solid Rampage main event.

·
Waiting for Kawato
5,274 Posts
MJF staying heelish actually makes that Page and Starks match much more interesting now.

Will be interesting to see what kind of match Ishii and Jericho put on. Keeping up with Ishii ain't easy.

Plenty of fallout that will hopefully be addressed too. Full Gear gave this show a massive rub, hopefully they execute.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
I hate the Bo7 format. That cheapens the Death Triangle win, cause now it´s not really a win, just an early score in the game. Even makes Rey Fenix decision mean so much less, if they have to face them 3-6 more times anyway. Furthermore how are they effectively going to tell the Death Triangle story through a seven match series. This feels like a ticket seller move. Announce their big stars for all the up-coming shows.

·
Registered
*coin drop*
14,333 Posts
If Death Triangle go fully blown heel, that means Bandido will become the babyface luchadore of AEW and can eventually feud with Fenix and Penta. :love:

However, I could also see DT splitting at the end of this series when Fenix realises PAC's way isn't the way for him.

·
Registered
17,849 Posts
MJF staying heelish actually makes that Page and Starks match much more interesting now.

Will be interesting to see what kind of match Ishii and Jericho put on. Keeping up with Ishii ain't easy.

Plenty of fallout that will hopefully be addressed too. Full Gear gave this show a massive rub, hopefully they execute.
I think it's gotta be Ethan Page winning the tournament. He's been doing the most legwork for the tournament and also, he has beef with MJF now.

1 - 20 of 809 Posts