Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 709 Posts

· Registered
*coin drop*
15,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
AEW Dynamite emanates from the Indiana Farmer's Coliseum this week! It will be AEW's first show at the building since November 11th last year, when PAC vs. Dax Harwood headlined on the Full Gear 2021 go-home show.

We hear from the Devil himself as MJF makes his first appearance since winning the AEW World Title from Jon Moxley at Full Gear! There is also a new number one contender for the title after Ricky Starks won the eliminator tournament, so he may make his presence felt.

Dax Harwood has described 2022 as his greatest year in wrestling and on Rampage said he wants to continue it with a match against 'best wrestler in the world' Bryan Danielson. The two wrestling masters will have their first ever singles match on Dynamite.

The Elite's comeback hasn't gone to plan... so far. On Wednesday, Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks face Death Triangle in round three of their Best of 7, going into the match 0-2. Will the hammer again play a part in the result?

After facing off in the three-way tag on last week's Dynamite, Willow Nightingale challenges Anna Jay A.S. to a singles match.

The Baddies will host a TBS Championship celebration for Jade Cargill after she went 42-0 with her win over Nyla Rose at Full Gear. Jade kicked Kiera Hogan out of the group last week, coinciding with the return of Red Velvet.

· Banned
24,474 Posts
The only way they can somehow top this strong card would be to add Orange Cassidy, Wheeler Yuta, and Daniel Garcia since those 3 men are highly popular with the AEW crowds 💯

· Registered
6,681 Posts
I really don't get why they insist on using Dax in random singles matches.
I feel they've got to let him win this one with Bryan. With the BCC and JAS rivalries in the backdrop, maybe someone can interfere to cost Bryan the match? Otherwise, it's just comical to see Dax in these sort of single matches over and over again. I get that he's a good in-ring worker, but in-ring prowess won't get you far when there is no suspense about the match outcome

· Registered
27,458 Posts
It’s the Bucks’ fault. Haven’t you caught on yet? They’re afraid of him.
If FTR were having tag team matches, that would be really bad for The Young Bucks because... reasons
the Elite are so afraid of FTR, not only have they moved 1 division to the left to the trios division, they moved ftr one move to the right to the singles

b u r i e d

· Registered
1,273 Posts
I really don't get why they insist on using Dax in random singles matches.
Because Dax wants to face Bryan so TK making more dream matches for his talent happen. AEW has been and still is a professional wrestling company that wants to deliver great professional wrestling matches to its fans each and every week.

For those of us that are fans of watching great in ring performers deliver high end professional wrestling matches, this matchup does not disappoint in that regard.

· Registered
6,681 Posts
Because Dax wants to face Bryan so TK making more dream matches for his talent happen. AEW has been and still is a professional wrestling company that wants to deliver great professional wrestling matches to its fans each and every week.

For those of us that are fans of watching great in ring performers deliver high end professional wrestling matches, this matchup does not disappoint in that regard.
Goodness, that reads like a PR statement

· Registered
1,273 Posts
Goodness, that reads like a PR statement
If you have been watching since day one and haven't grasped this yet, not sure one ever will then.

These two will beat the shit out of each other for 15 minutes and we the fans will be the true winners here. Dax has a history of delivering great single matches (VS Claudio, VS Punk, VS Ospreay, VS Pac, VS Jungle Boy, VS Cash, vs Adam Cole), and I am here for another great one.

· Registered
10,411 Posts
No Yuta, I'm sold.

· Registered
4,964 Posts
If you have been watching since day one and haven't grasped this yet, not sure one ever will then.

These two will beat the shit out of each other for 15 minutes and we the fans will be the true winners here. Dax has a history of delivering great single matches (VS Claudio, VS Punk, VS Ospreay, VS Pac, VS Jungle Boy, VS Cash, vs Adam Cole), and I am here for another great one.
A tag team champion shouldn't just lose random singles matches on weekly TV.

· Registered
170 Posts
The dax match is soley to start the build for DB as MJF's next challenger.

Expect Bryan to face randoms in 10-15 min single matches every week now to 'build' his credibly back up to number one contender status.

he's lame duck out there, being buttered up before MJF eats him. Like Hanzel in the fairytale.

· Registered
1,273 Posts
A tag team champion shouldn't just lose random singles matches on weekly TV.
Says who?

97% of the time he is competing in tags thus his lack of experience in singles hurts him when going up against top singles guys like Bryan, Punk, Billy Goat etc. So from a kayfabe standpoint it makes sense, it's not like he is losing in singles to Peter Avalon, QT or Kazarian here.

It literally isn't hurting him at all.

· rasslin
13,728 Posts
Says who?

97% of the time he is competing in tags thus his lack of experience in singles hurts him when going up against top singles guys like Bryan, Punk, Billy Goat etc. So from a kayfabe standpoint it makes sense, it's not like he is losing in singles to Peter Avalon, QT or Kazarian here.

It literally isn't hurting him at all.
Michael Phelps won multiple gold medals on team USA, he also won multiple gold medals on his own. It doesn’t suddenly change sports because there isn’t a tag partner involved.

If one of your tag teams that has 3 tag team belts has a member in it that is 0-500 in singles matches it makes it seem like the tag division is filled with scrubs.

· Registered
—lights out—
696 Posts
This looks like such a strange promotional graphic with Willow/Anna J (which should be on Dark or, at best, Rampage) being promoted to sell the show front and center. Then there’s MJF, the world champion centerpiece of AEW programming off in the corner.

Because Dax wants to face Bryan so TK making more dream matches for his talent happen.
This “Dream Match” hyperbole with random midcard matches like Danielson/Dax needs to be DELETED.

That Being said, I’m really looking forward to the inevitable MJF/Ricky face-to-face. And of course the trios match will likely be fantastic. Maybe House of Black kicks some more arse? Hayter gonna hate? Jungle Boy Jack? Joe? Mox/Regal? Swerve/Lee? Lots going on and plenty of potential for an overall fun show.

1 - 20 of 709 Posts