Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 180 of 3282 Posts

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Cody getting the title first would give a bad message to the audience, they probably would start thinking "Oh, this is just another wrestlers vanity project like WCW in their final days or TNA with Jarrett", so I hope they don't do it. Make a tournament and have a Kenny/PAC finals, that's a fresh match and either of them would make a great first champion

·
Registered
494 Posts
Guys didn't they already say a long time ago that PAC vs Hangman was for the title? Why all this new speculation?

·
Registered
23,886 Posts
Guys didn't they already say a long time ago that PAC vs Hangman was for the title? Why all this new speculation?
They never said flat out that this will be for the Championship or determine the 1st Champion.

It basically boiled down to Hangman saying he wanted to be the 1st AEW Champion and PaC interrupting him. Nothing's been officially announced.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Justin Robert is there too! holy fucking shit!
bring in punk now AEW , break the damn internet and shock the world!

the commentators team is absolutely mad ahaha
I think they are playing it smart by having a three man announce team, so Jim Ross can just drop some "Good God Almighty" bombs without having to carry a whole PPV show as the main play by play guy. He´s too old for that shit.

But he can still capture that goosebump moment for you, that you can play on Twitter, YT or IG over and over.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,978 Posts
Ahhhh, the fear that a Rhodes might make themselves champion :cozy

I hope he ends a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG :eek:mega reign, only to hold the belt for 3 weeks then drop it again.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Cody could be champion one day, but it isn't like it's an aspect he's even talked about in the slightest thus far. No need to make any speculation spiral. It's feeling clear what the current upper card "draws"/focus are this early on with Omega, Jericho, Page, & PAC.

I love the broadcast team too. JR & Excalibur could call a big show one night. That's so crazy, I dig it.

·
Le Champion
18,659 Posts
So who the fuck is gonna be Cody's mystery opponent? Dean? Goldust? Tye Dillinger? Ken Shamrock? Michael Elgin (lol)? Not even gonna bother speaking Punk's name.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
Elgin would be a good get but with his reputation and allegations I cant see them wanting any kind of potential PR issue right off the bat.

Have to think Ambrose is their 1st major get from the other side, him and Cody could have a hell of an old school bloodbath type hate feud.

·
Registered
23,886 Posts
If the mystery guy doesn't end up being Dustin/Goldust, I think it will end up being someone completely out of left field.

As far as Dean goes, let him F up Omega during/after the main event. I need that feud/match in my life.

So who the fuck is gonna be Cody's mystery opponent? Dean? Goldust? Tye Dillinger? Ken Shamrock? Michael Elgin (lol)? Not even gonna bother speaking Punk's name.
OK is Ken just a random guess or there a link between Cody and Ken that I'm missing, lol.

161 - 180 of 3282 Posts