Wrestling Forum banner

201 - 220 of 3282 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,941 Posts
The battle of the Rhodes Brothers is something that should have been an undercard Mania match at some point and they never pulled the trigger on it.

So good for them that they are getting the spotlight match they've clearly always wanted to have with each other. I don't know what to expect out of Dustin in 2019, but who knows. He might surprise us.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
So I see this is going to be the beginning of Cody, Bucks Omega starting to bring in their old broken down family/friends who will contribute sweet F'All to the roster.

·
Registered
23,886 Posts
Goldust is a guy who after having a bad TNA run where he was really over weight, he comes back in 2013 for possibly a one off match against Randy Orton in WWE and he looked amazing. And then he parlayed that into a run with Cody where they had great tag team matches, mainly with The Shield.

And while coming off surgery recently, he's not someone who has wrestled too much over the years and even at 50 years old, I'm confident he can do enough and possibly more to deliver here and with that crowd, they will structure the right kind of match to make everything work.

Literally who else can you possibly think of that would meet this criteria? :lol
I won't criticize until they bring in Papa Buck for a match.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
if Goldust can lie and talk shit about us fans then fuck him. in a perfect world everybody would leave their seats during that match and come back after its over.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,978 Posts
So I see this is going to be the beginning of Cody, Bucks Omega starting to bring in their old broken down family/friends who will contribute sweet F'All to the roster.
Cool Dad Jericho is the only one that fits this nonsense. Not counting Dustin because he can still go with smoke and mirrors, which is something Jericho can't.

Also, nearly everyone they've hired thus far is young and upcoming, or in their early 30's.

Bad banter is bad.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Glad it's Dustin like it was obviously going to be and the saltiness is out there. Because imagine: Nah, need Cody to work someone in a random exhibition match, not a personal dream singles match on a big stage that was kiboshed a few times in the past.

Yeah, ok. Lets let logic win for a change.

Also, that Rhodes hype video was fantastic.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I don't understand any negativity about the roster, there should be positivity about the variety of workers available on their roster.

Anyways, Khan mentioned in his recent interview that DON is going to be full of surprises. Can't wait to see what they are on top of the already great card.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
Dustin can still contribute, the guy can work and move despite not being utilized much in the last few years.

You cant tell me that the idea of Dustys 2 sons facing each other in the 1st PPV of a new company isn't cool as hell. I wouldn't be shocked if this was the best match on the whole show, from a storytelling perspective it's a lock anyways.

·
Registered
155 Posts
So Cody just dropped an amazing promo on the build to Dustin v Cody. This is after a great Dustin promo to start the feud. I swear if these are the types we will get with AEW on a regular basis. Then AEW will be THE wrestling company to watch....

·
Registered
556 Posts
Got to say that I just say the Cody promo and it was fantastic. With his promo and Dustin's promo the match has been built up way past anything WWE could even pretend to come up with.

I wasn't all that excited about things but now, I am invested.

As far as broken down wrestlers, Dustin can go better than a lot of the younger guys since he understands how to tell a story in the ring. With a month to get the match laid out, it should be great.

201 - 220 of 3282 Posts