Wrestling Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1472 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Now Moxley looks like the underdog against Cage. Taz put it over that way on commentary. That makes the match more interesting for those who watch DARK, even though we all know the end result at Fyter Fest.
I think a middle ground would have been perfect. Cage could have played with him a bit before destroying him and Moxley should have finished him off way quicker. But if they explained it away well enough then that's fine.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
  • Shawn Spears is actually growing on me now. Has presence, is an old school type wrestler and good heel.
  • Jake's look of delight whilst Archer was battering the jobber was fantastic and menacing.
Yah, same on both

Jake looked in love

nobody does a squash match better than Archer

·
Registered
500 Posts
Just some quick thoughts.

I called Anthony being murdered in 90 seconds go me

I love watching archer work and that griff guy is a prospect

Joey division gave Reynolds and silver their best match to date. Thoroughly enjoyed what I saw

Scorpio rules

Mel sucks

Luther needs to headbutt broken glass for ruining the enjoyment I had with Jon Cruz/serpentico but calling stunt a lil slut saved him enough that I don't want any glass shards in his eye.....yet

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just whizzing through this now. I did notice that Pineapple Pete was introduced as simply being from Atlanta, Georgia, whereas it's normally 'Leeds, England by way of...'. He mentioned in the Jericho podcazt thst he always likes to rep the UK in his intro, but i wonder if it not being there this time was a reference to all the #SpeakingOut stuff (a few of the stories being at Preston City Wrestling where PP did a lot of work), and distancing himself from the scene (due to disgust, not potential involvement), or perhaps I'm reading too much into it?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Hey I have a question. Hopefully someone is adult enough to answer and have an actual conversation.

How does Cage squashing Robert Anthony make Moxley look after he went 10-15mins with him?
Makes Moxley look weak as fuck and makes Cage look much stronger. Makes no sense (Like much of AEW's booking)

Now Moxley looks like the underdog against Cage. Taz put it over that way on commentary. That makes the match more interesting for those who watch DARK, even though we all know the end result at Fyter Fest.
He doesn't look like the underdog he looks like he's weak as piss. Brian Cage put the job guy in his place whilst Moxley struggled with him.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Makes Moxley look weak as fuck and makes Cage look much stronger. Makes no sense (Like much of AEW's booking)

He doesn't look like the underdog he looks like he's weak as piss. Brian Cage put the job guy in his place whilst Moxley struggled with him.
Pippen here's your proof that chip wood and cult are different individuals. Cult was satisfied with the answer given chip was not lol

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Pippen here's your proof that chip wood and cult are different individuals. Cult was satisfied with the answer given chip was not lol
Imagine the legitimate mental health issues someone would have to have to create multiple accounts on WrestlingForum and have them all interact with one another. I've never understood the accusation that we're all the same person.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,910 Posts

You and a couple of others are probably the only ones that see it this way lol. For me I just saw it as Moxley playing around with a school friend on DARK and Cage looking dominating. No harm done. Neither one of our opinions are hard fact. The real fact though is that 90% of the audience haven't seen DARK and have no idea what Mox or Cage did on the show. To the majority, Mox still looks strong and Cage looks stronger as the weeks roll by. Like I said before, only Dark watchers will possibly see Mox as the underdog, which is probably not even 1/5 of their audience.

I hope they pull a swerve and cage wins...even if it’s due to interference...
Would be crazy, but that would be a weak ending to his title reign do to it on a free TV special honestly

·
Registered
11,718 Posts
Moxley was basically sparring with an old rival/buddy he had surpassed. A BJJ Blackbelt can still get work in and learn rolling with a purple belt without being in any real threat. You get mat time in, work on your stamina, put yourself in positions to try to escape, work on your weaknesses etc.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,910 Posts
Moxley was basically sparring with an old rival/buddy he had surpassed. A BJJ Blackbelt can still get work in and learn rolling with a purple belt without being in any real threat. You get mat time in, work on your stamina, put yourself in positions to try to escape, work on your weaknesses etc.
That's literally all it was lol, wasn't even on Dynamite who cares.

·
Registered
11,718 Posts
I did a quick watch of DARK this week.
-Mr.GMSI totally squashing Anthony was the correct storytelling here. "Who betta..." deserves a homage mention to Kanyon if Cage is going to run with it.

-I liked Ali's entrance gear last week. Plain this week. Allow these guys to differentiate and show character.

-Gunn Club on the outside has a new member - one of the jobbers from a couple of weeks ago (The 6-tool athlete guy I think, or the Jersey Shore guy). He does sort of look like a "Gunn", though I 'm not sure if you can get away with kayfabe family/brothers anymore that are not legit. I assume it's more than the kid just goofing around cosplaying.

-Spears switched back to the right hand for the glove. I'm not feeling it. Also he loaded up the inside and then struck with the closed fist. Not sure what that really did, I guess it's like holding a roll of quarters, but no need to load the glove up for that spot. I'm over caring about Pete as well.

-Archer vs Griff was good and served it's purpose. Garrison should be signed. If Archer can hit the crucifix powerbomb or whatever you call it - that should be the finisher. The Claw finisher should be for big guys he can't hit that on. Exposing Griff's gimmick is dumb - I mean if you're going to do that then just not announce it in the first place. Griff is so good a prospect I'd take him out of the jobber rotation now to protect him.

-Skipped Janela/Kiss vs Silver/Reynolds.

-I don't think Mel vs Kilynn was all that bad. I think what was lost in the match-up is how tall both women are. I didn't like how Kilynn had to take on the goof face role. Why not just have two big women fighting each other. I like Mel's look and she has the size to stand out. Unfortunately outside of Shida the rest of the division is pretty damn green.

-Lee Johnson's best showing so far. His match with Sky was probably MOTN this week. I liked the show of respect at the end and wouldn't mind seeing Sky start mentoring "Big Shotty Lee", have Lee accompany him as his second to Sky's matches and then have Sky manage/coach Lee for his. It could be the way to start pushing Big Shotty.

·
Registered
11,718 Posts
All the Nightmare School wrestlers used on DARK as enhancement kept away from Jacksonville this week given contact to QT Marshall. So expect a much shorter DARK next Tuesday, if there is one at all.

·
Registered
11,718 Posts
Sky vs Pierce could be decent as well. Interested to see what Pierce can do on offense that Sky will let get in.

Suge D has been ruined. Whatever he had with the initial rub is gone. Back to being squashed on DARK.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Sky vs Pierce could be decent as well. Interested to see what Pierce can do on offense that Sky will let get in.

Suge D has been ruined. Whatever he had with the initial rub is gone. Back to being squashed on DARK.
To be ruined you need to be built and that never was the case for him.

His job was, is and always will be a jobber

1361 - 1380 of 1472 Posts