Wrestling Forum banner

1201 - 1217 of 1217 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
They need a deeper roster if they're going to use jobbers so much. I think a more pyramid system would be more exciting although people wouldn't be too keen for the matches at the bottom but if they were given characters and gimmicks and storylines... Maybe the records stuff has made people less willing to job.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The Clutch Adams match was pulled by Cody/AEW. I guess Clutch used old tweets that backfired on him.

On one hand, I understand why the match was pulled. On the other hand, they really need to be careful about bending the knee to the Social justice mob; these are people that are impossible to please, and they will only continue to double down time and time again. Not to mention, they are not the majority and media that panders to these people have a long history of failure. I truly wonder if Cody knew what he was getting himself into when he promoted this company as prioritizing "inclusivity".

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
On one hand, I understand why the match was pulled. On the other hand, they really need to be careful about bending the knee to the Social justice mob; these are people that are impossible to please, and they will only continue to double down time and time again. Not to mention, they are not the majority and media that panders to these people have a long history of failure. I truly wonder if Cody knew what he was getting himself into when he promoted this company as prioritizing "inclusivity".
We live in a pretty silly society these days. First, who has the time to go through 7 years of tweets to find some admittedly ignorant and hateful stuff? I understand many of us are still in quarantine but come on.

Second, a quick Google search says Clutch is only 27 meaning he wrote those tweets aged 20. I'm sure I wrote a heap of stupid shit that I'd regret now on my socials when I was 20 years old. I don't think anyone should be holding what he said in 2013 against him now in 2020 unless he's still making those kinds of comments.

Cody caving to it is just a cop out as well. Worried about any negative press.

·
Registered
11,520 Posts
These tweets are from seven years ago when he was 20 yrs old. Was he being a idiot edgelord on SM when only his friends followed him or does he believe this stuff? The former is bad but I think he can move on from that with an explanation and an apology. I guess he wasn't worth the trouble as an enhancement guy. I mean Mike Tyson raped a woman and AEW is a-ok using him.

If he believes that garbage he was tweeting now then well fuck him.

His account has been deleted so I don't know how many tweets he had but somebody to go through reading every single one going back seven years is ridiculous. There is a cottage industry of no-life douchebags who scour accounts of prospect athletes to wait to drop bad tweets from them once their drafted or pitch a no-hitter or whatever.

Were the tweets bad - yes. But so is scouring back seven years through likely 10,000+ tweets to find them to claim another scalp.

·
Registered
11,520 Posts

·
Registered
6,930 Posts

·
Justice 4 Asuka
1,344 Posts
So basically we have a match between two females that aren't signed to AEW. And Kenny doesn't think the division needs help.

I liked what I saw of Christi Jaynes against Shida, she's competent in the ring and carries herself off very well. I saw Kiling Kings match with Ford on Dark and she also looked good, but if I had to choose which one should be signed its Jaynes. They can use a good heel with Britt out the next few months and she plays a good heel.

·
Registered
11,520 Posts
John Skylar vs Billy. Man, WWE must own "Billy Gunn" trademark so he's just "Billy" now. That should be enough to keep him off television alone. Austin is annoying as all hell, so I guess he did his job there. Skylar vs Austin Gunn wouldn't be a terrible call back match down the line. I'd suggest Skylar change his ring name though, Skylar is just feminine sounding. Johnny South or something. Match was very basic, more storytelling than wrestling centric.

So Butcher and Blade didn't get any gimmick change - just seemingly Bunny has been retconned out as her absense went without mention. Blade still comes out with that stupid gimp mask. He has buzzed his hair and died it blonde. Whatever. Butcher is still great. He's so basic, but makes everything impactful and for reason. Cruz sold to make them look like a million bucks and Alonzo wasn't out of place in his time in ring. I like Jon Cruz better than Serpentico.

I like Kilynn King more than Christi Jaynes. I HATE Jaynes dancing - it's forced as hell and... not good. Reminds me of Becky Lynch's Riverdance gimmick. Maybe it's bad on purpose and is mimicking bad dancing Brazilian UFC fighter Bethe Correia

EJ Lewis and Big Game Leroy are both from BTE's PP skits. EJ Lewis owns the place where they filmed their footage. Ortiz and Santana were all business, very focused and very vicious. It was great. Lewis took the beating well, he's much better of the two enhancement guys in this match at least. No real chance for any offense. Their last attack segment before the Street Sweeper finisher was top notch.

I skipped the last match - Sorry Dustin. I can't stand Cutler that much. Maybe Allie was asked about being the Bunny during her time on commentary - somebody let me know if she was.

FTR seemingly but these teams on notice to step up. No silly flash just very grounded physical matches.

·
Premium Member
43,904 Posts
We live in a pretty silly society these days. First, who has the time to go through 7 years of tweets to find some admittedly ignorant and hateful stuff? I understand many of us are still in quarantine but come on.

Second, a quick Google search says Clutch is only 27 meaning he wrote those tweets aged 20. I'm sure I wrote a heap of stupid shit that I'd regret now on my socials when I was 20 years old. I don't think anyone should be holding what he said in 2013 against him now in 2020 unless he's still making those kinds of comments.

Cody caving to it is just a cop out as well. Worried about any negative press.
Its silly, especially when I know most if not all people have stuff they did in their college aged years that they'd be embarrassed about now.

And reading those tweets...sounds like a douche-bro being a douche-bro. I don't know if it is worth getting upset about something that was posted 7 years ago.

Anyways, I watched Dark this week and it was great to see Butcher and Blade again. They were becoming one of my favorite teams before all this happened.

1201 - 1217 of 1217 Posts