Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1778 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Re: AEW DARK begins this TUESDAY

Yeah after this weeks smackdown I have a gap wrestling wise so this works for me. I would say recap it on the main show if possible for people who don't have the time or don't want to watch.
100% - if it is going to matter, they should mention results or something if it starts to weave into storylines - especially for those that do not watch

·
Registered
24,528 Posts

Why the hell should I come at you with anything other than what I said? You're the one that's whining about something that you can easily control. If you don't feel compelled to watch more wresting then DON'T FUCKING WATCH IT. You can keep up with other shows and have a life while watching the wrestling that interests you and if you don't well then make some damn time. If you don't wanna do that then cool. Just don't sit here and complain about "too much wrestling" when you can easily pick and choose what you wanna watch. You're whining about too much choice and it's silly in my mind. It's really not that hard.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill. As with anyone else that whines about this same shit.
You should come up with something better because it's a weak response to give when you don't agree with something someone else says.

You quoted me. I responded back. I gave you my reasons why I don't care for the concept as it stand dealing with over exposure, too much wrestling at a time with everything else happening, offered an alternative.

If your reaction to that is to call me a whiner, use all caps, and use exclamation points because my opinion bothers you that much (and again, you quoted me), then I'm just wasting my time. And I'm done wasting my time.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts

You should come up with something better because it's a weak response to give when you don't agree with something someone else says.

You quoted me. I responded back. I gave you my reasons why I don't care for the concept as it stand dealing with over exposure, too much wrestling at a time with everything else happening, offered an alternative.

If your reaction to that is to call me a whiner, use all caps, and use exclamation points because my opinion bothers you that much (and again, you quoted me), then I'm just wasting my time. And I'm done wasting my time.
Let me say this. Don't you fucking ever tell me how to respond because I will respond however the fuck I feel like. If you don't like it that's YOUR problem and your's alone. Just like this Bullshit ass "overexposure" you have is your problem and once again. It's something you can easily control. And make no mistake about it i'm not stressing over how you think or feel. I just think it's a stupid mentality and I let you know that. So you can go and stress over how much wrestling you need to watch and I'll be over here being sensible and not complaining about the abundance of choices we got because you can't manage your time and your life right. You do you and I'll do me.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts

Anyways...

This is a cool thing. With the roster that they have they're not gonna have time to showcase everyone so to showcase the dark matches of people that aren't on TV or aren't in anything important is a good Idea. It keeps those guys in the minds of fans and if they make these matches count in records that's actually better.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts

People saying "lol, you people are complaining about more content."

Yeah, I am.

Why? Because there's already a shit ton of wrestling out there already, on almost every night of the week. There are other non wrestling things people want to watch.

And with this they're basically going to have a 3 hour show a week. You throw in the fact that it's taped and I could learn the results days in advance if I wanted to, and ultimately this is just going to end up being a Velocity or Superstars like show that is going to go to the wayside for me.

And like I've already said before, over exposure is a thing. For me, what I would like to see more is more of a weekly recap show that breaks down the current win/loss records. And on that show, you show highlights from some of these dark matches. To me that would be cool.

But to basically have a 3rd hour where it's like "hey, here's 4 more matches", after a bit I'm just going to lose interest.
You are once again clueless like you are with all your shitty takes

AEW only worries about AEW not what other companies are doing or have on TV.

So AEW will only have two hours on TV each week and if you want more, they willl have this other show you can watch online.

AEW is trying to build a brand, and expose as many wrestlers they can, and they cant do that just by two hours of TV every week. So this extra online show to give you more, if you want to seek it out is perfect.

Who cares if its taped, the whole point of the extra content is to let people learn about new wrestlers who may not make TV.

AEW has 3 hours of content on TV per week vs 7 hours or more of WWE TV.

If anyone needs more time to show off their wrestlers its AEW and at least with AEW the people on this other show wont be anyone that was on TV the week before

That is what you call smart business, something you have no clue about and have shown over and over again

·
Registered
33 Posts

Was hoping they'd post these matches for viewing and they delivered! Great idea. Will tune in weekly. Can't wait for Allin vs. CIMA.

·
Registered
24,528 Posts

@Corey, won’t argue with you on this on, at least not today, lol.

You are once again clueless like you are with all your shitty takes

AEW only worries about AEW not what other companies are doing or have on TV.

So AEW will only have two hours on TV each week and if you want more, they willl have this other show you can watch online.

AEW is trying to build a brand, and expose as many wrestlers they can, and they cant do that just by two hours of TV every week. So this extra online show to give you more, if you want to seek it out is perfect.

Who cares if its taped, the whole point of the extra content is to let people learn about new wrestlers who may not make TV.

AEW has 3 hours of content on TV per week vs 7 hours or more of WWE TV.

If anyone needs more time to show off their wrestlers its AEW and at least with AEW the people on this other show wont be anyone that was on TV the week before

That is what you call smart business, something you have no clue about and have shown over and over again
I’m sorry my opinion bothers you so much. All of my shitty takes huh? Really? Please go ahead and make a list of all my shitty takes if I’m that god awful of a poster in your eyes.

Let me just be clear about be clear about this, I will probably watch the Dark show this week. Can’t say it’s somehing I’m going to care about weeks from now and will lead to guys being on screen too much in full length matches. My suggestion, do a highlight/ recap show as opposed to this. Acknowledge they happened, but not 4 extra matches a week. Because, I’ve seen the bad that can come from showcasing your guys too much.

There, there’s my opinion. And again, I’m sorry it pisses you off so much. There are several times I have thought you were flat out wrong about something. Did I call you clueless? No, I just countered with my own opinion. And don’t tell me that I don’t understand business as if you do or that this concept will end up being successful in the long run. Maybe it will, but it’s not something I’m interested in or agree with.

And if you don’t like my opinion, get over it.

·
KNEE DA PEOPLE
2,473 Posts

Amazing - gonna make tracking W/Ls a lot easier for fans too.

People saying "lol, you people are complaining about more content."

Yeah, I am.

Why? Because there's already a shit ton of wrestling out there already, on almost every night of the week. There are other non wrestling things people want to watch.

And with this they're basically going to have a 3 hour show a week. You throw in the fact that it's taped and I could learn the results days in advance if I wanted to, and ultimately this is just going to end up being a Velocity or Superstars like show that is going to go to the wayside for me.

And like I've already said before, over exposure is a thing. For me, what I would like to see more is more of a weekly recap show that breaks down the current win/loss records. And on that show, you show highlights from some of these dark matches. To me that would be cool.

But to basically have a 3rd hour where it's like "hey, here's 4 more matches", after a bit I'm just going to lose interest.
I can understand where you're coming from - it's a lot of content very early on, sure.
But it's a good idea, almost necessary that they have matches on Youtube from the weekly shows.

People won't have to watch, I'm sure there'll be quick recaps on the show but it gives the hardcore & indie fans more to watch from the brand.
People going ham at you are silly people though. This section is turning toxic way too quickly.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts

@Corey, won’t argue with you on this on, at least not today, lol.

I’m sorry my opinion bothers you so much. All of my shitty takes huh? Really? Please go ahead and make a list of all my shitty takes if I’m that god awful of a poster in your eyes.

Let me just be clear about be clear about this, I will probably watch the Dark show this week. Can’t say it’s somehing I’m going to care about weeks from now and will lead to guys being on screen too much in full length matches. My suggestion, do a highlight/ recap show as opposed to this. Acknowledge they happened, but not 4 extra matches a week. Because, I’ve seen the bad that can come from showcasing your guys too much.

There, there’s my opinion. And again, I’m sorry it pisses you off so much. There are several times I have thought you were flat out wrong about something. Did I call you clueless? No, I just countered with my own opinion. And don’t tell me that I don’t understand business as if you do or that this concept will end up being successful in the long run. Maybe it will, but it’s not something I’m interested in or agree with.

And if you don’t like my opinion, get over it.
Again you show what shitty takes you have.

How would a reply show help get over the wrestlers not being shown on TV?

And how will it lead to guys being on screen too much when its meant to show people who are not making it on tv?

Do you ever think before you post?

You are clueless on this. If you want to start a company and need to showcase new stars who are not making it on TV this dark match TV show is the perfect way to do it.

Is just hilarous you think it's a bad idea.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts

They even put together match graphics for this!

Looking at this first show, it looks pretty damn impressive.

Darby Allin vs Cima
SCU vs Jurassic Express
8 man tag

look like they are must match for sure.

Six women's tag is the odd one out. Allie hasn't impressed me. Baker hasn't either even though she's seen as the face of the division. Priestly needs to step it up. Looking forward to seen Ford in action, funny thing is if this was WWE she be the one pushed to the top.

I like this DARK show, will be great to see talent that probably won't feature much on Dynamite for large patches. I like to see the show maybe do a feud or two going foward that might not feature on the main PPV's on TV but will lead to matches on pre show and stuff.

·
Registered
4,526 Posts

Their dark matches are better than what's on RAW so I'm all for it.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts

I said this a few pages back, but fuck it I'm saying it again: AEW AFTER DARK VELOCITY is a killer idea for AEW, and I can't wait to see how it goes.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts

Love the idea of this show and putting it on YouTube is a good call. Knowing they have extra time will stop them cramming talent into the show just to get them exposure

The first card looks really good as well

61 - 80 of 1778 Posts