Wrestling Forum banner

3401 - 3420 of 3520 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
This was a bad show. There were so many pointless short squashes here. QT Marshall wasn't worthy of being a featured player 10 years ago and him as some main event mob boss is essentially unintentional comedy.

I was so pissed at the headset stuff in the main event that I turned it off a minute in and have banned anything involving Michael Nakazawa from my site until further notice.

·
12,916 Posts
This was a bad show. There were so many pointless short squashes here. QT Marshall wasn't worthy of being a featured player 10 years ago and him as some main event mob boss is essentially unintentional comedy.

I was so pissed at the headset stuff in the main event that I turned it off a minute in and have banned anything involving Michael Nakazawa from my site until further notice.
Don't worry nakazowa fans you won't be banned from my section on here. But know that every interaction we have there will be a air of pity.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
14,994 Posts
Just want to point out that Stu Grayson has never botched the Fatality even though it's an extremely easy move to miss. I hope the guy eventually gets a nice push.
Stu Grayson is my favorite member of the DO. I think he has a great look and is very underrated in the ring.

·
Registered
9,368 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the new crop of women's jobbers are really adorable? You almost feel bad for them to be put in there with Thunder Rosa or Abadon

Just want to point out that Stu Grayson has never botched the Fatality even though it's an extremely easy move to miss. I hope the guy eventually gets a nice push.
Stu is low-key one of the best athletes in AEW and he has a great physique. The only thing is he's kind of been through the very lows and moderate highs of Dark Order, so he might need a repackage to get a push?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Nice Darby promo on Dark. Same with Stark.

But why are these on Dark and not Elevation? I don't want to sit through Dark just to see story progressing promos.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Nice Darby promo on Dark. Same with Stark.

But why are these on Dark and not Elevation? I don't want to sit through Dark just to see story progressing promos.
Agreed. I actually think they should do a "dark essentials" that takes all the story related stuff from dark and elevation and packages it up. Watching 3 hours of wrestling across Monday/Tuesday is a bit of an ask I'm finding.

Last week I ended up parking dark until Friday so had the pleasure of Matt hardy cutting a promo on Darby after I'd already seen the match. Not ideal

·
Registered
246 Posts
Agreed. I actually think they should do a "dark essentials" that takes all the story related stuff from dark and elevation and packages it up. Watching 3 hours of wrestling across Monday/Tuesday is a bit of an ask I'm finding.

Last week I ended up parking dark until Friday so had the pleasure of Matt hardy cutting a promo on Darby after I'd already seen the match. Not ideal
To be honest I never/hardly watch Dark. I only clicked this week because there was a clickbait title, and then it started with Darby's promo. Telling Jungle Boy to be serious. Damn, that's a promo for an actual feud and something that can elevate Jungle Boy to the next character level- and it was on friggin' Dark.

Then my reaction was "wait, they got canon promos on this!?!". Luckily someone in the comments timestamped the whole episode so I watched the Ricky Starks (very Tejano from Lucha Underground-esque) and the trio's Oddball skit which was quite fun.

So yeah, your Dark Essentials comment is excellent. But if these promos were moved to Elevation and made it like an actual show instead of a card of matches which it was this week then that will be a much better watch.

If you look at the YouTube viewing figures Elevation is getting around 500k views and Dark about 40% less. So it is a bit silly to put the more important builds on Dark.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Rey Fenix vs. Chuck Taylor was shot for Elevation tonight before Dynamite, along with 10 vs. D3.

No idea who won but I'm guessing Trent goes over Penta and Fenix over Chuck to move along this Best Friends vs. Lucha Bros program.

·
Registered
AVALONS #1 FAN/ AEW REVIEW BO$$
2,516 Posts
My review will be out later I had a hell of a 420 I'm still recovering lol.......goddamn Jay & Silent Bob moon rocks got me good.

·
Registered
982 Posts
AEW Elevation #7 (Card by now):

4 Main Events:
-Chuck Taylor vs Fenix;
-Big Swole and Red Velvet vs Nyla and Madi;
-Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page vs Reynolds and 5;
-Joey Janela vs Matt Sydal;

+

-10 vs D3;
-FTR vs Hughes Brothers (D-von sons);
-Ryan Nemeth vs Ryzin;
-Nick Comoroto vs VSK

I will be editing this post when I see new matches.

·
Registered
982 Posts

4 Main Events:
-Chuck Taylor vs Fenix;

+

-10 vs D3;
-Ryan Nemeth vs Ryzin;
-Nick Comoroto vs VSK

·
Registered
AVALONS #1 FAN/ AEW REVIEW BO$$
2,516 Posts

4 Main Events:
-Chuck Taylor vs Fenix;

+

-10 vs D3;
-Ryan Nemeth vs Ryzin;
-Nick Comoroto vs VSK

I just got my google home app to sync with my downstairs tv so I'm fucking ready this week baby!!!

·
Registered
982 Posts

4 Main Events:
-Chuck Taylor vs Fenix;

+

-10 vs D3;