Wrestling Forum banner

2081 - 2100 of 2167 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Nah most on there look to have least been trained somewhat, Rache Chanel is really the only one who wrestles like shes never had an ounce of training in her life, the other jobbers/unknowns on there at least look somewhat competent and have the basics of pro wrestling learned and can get through a match without botching.
I can't find anything on her so I'm assuming shes had less than 3 years experience. My guess is she's cheap and she will be replaced once covid isn't so rampant

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
I'm disappointed by Ricky Starks' performance on commentary. There's only so much mic time to go around and this felt a bit like a missed opportunity for Ricky.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'm disappointed by Ricky Starks' performance on commentary. There's only so much mic time to go around and this felt a bit like a missed opportunity for Ricky.
Agree, was gonna mention this
Pillman Jr looked very weak there, who gets pinned like that seriously?
Red Velvet needs signed, I never realised she dated Gerald Briscos son
Called it on Avalon Cutler!!
Dark Order are great right now

·
Registered
12,431 Posts
4-man booth attempt was a mistake. Veda and Taz will talk no matter what, and with Excalibur there trying to call the match he didn't have any time to naturally chime in and had to wait until one of the other three addressed him directly. Guest commentary should be the PBP guy and the guest, with the usual color commentator taking the back seat. Taz ain't taking a back seat for anybody and Veda knows enough to make sure she gets hers vs Taz, so there was no real room for Ricky Starks.

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
4-man booth attempt was a mistake. Veda and Taz will talk no matter what, and with Excalibur there trying to call the match he didn't have any time to naturally chime in and had to wait until one of the other three addressed him directly. Guest commentary should be the PBP guy and the guest, with the usual color commentator taking the back seat. Taz ain't taking a back seat for anybody and Veda knows enough to make sure she gets hers vs Taz, so there was no real room for Ricky Starks.
Yeah that's true. It was a very noisy booth in general

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
11,323 Posts
For what it’s worth, I was also entertained by Ricky Starks on commentary for the limited time he had as a guest there.

He has good/smooth chemistry with Tazz, and I love how both of them kept roasting Veda Scott like the heels they are :LOL:

For the record, I don’t think I’ve ever fucking LAUGHED so loud at a match-finish than I did last night for Peter Avalon vs Brandon Cutler. Seriously, I couldn’t stop cracking up for a MINUTE STRAIGHT when I actually saw both men get counted out 🤣

They’re such goofballs. I love it. Their losing/winless streak continues!

·
Registered
561 Posts
I saw Will Hobbs' squash against that ex-Impact guy Jesse Sorenson and I wasn't that impressed. For someone who has been wrestling 10 years, his moves still aren't crisp and I can see why he has been relegated to Dark. He'll always have potential because of his size but I think he still needs work before he is possibly moved up to Dynamite.

I saw Will Hobbs' squash against that ex-Impact guy Jesse Sorenson and I wasn't that impressed. For someone who has been wrestling 10 years, his moves still aren't crisp and I can see why he has been relegated to Dark. He'll always have potential because of his size but I think he still needs work before he is possibly moved up to Dynamite.
I saw that he was signed to a contract and I'm happy for him but he still needs work before he's moved up to Dynamite to work with the bigger names.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Next Dark:

- The Butcher & The Blade vs. Calvin Stewart & Puf

- Billy & Austin Gunn vs. M'Badu & Cruz

- Joey Janela & Sonny Kiss vs. Kevin Blackwood & Daniel Garcia

- Evil Uno & Stu Grayson vs. Rembrandt Lewis & Fuego Del Sol

- Will Hobbs vs. Serpentico

- Lee Johnson vs. Ben Carter

- Serene Deeb vs. Kilynn King

- Eddie Kingston vs. Brian Pillman Jr.

- Lucha Brothers vs. Dontae Smiley & Maxx Stardom

- #5 & #10 vs. Ryzin & Xander Gold

- Ricky Starks vs. Christopher Daniels :love:

·
Registered
12,431 Posts

Mad King vs Pillman Jr could be good. Ben Carter vs Big Shotty Lee is green vs green and will be interesting to see how that is booked. Gunn Club facing M'Badu again - Billy bumped like hell for him last time, interesting to see them matched up again the "Cruz" in this match looks like he's in his 50's in that pic. Makes me think Billy wants to check on his development in the couple of months it's been. Blackwood and especially Garcia deserved better than Butcher&Blade allowed them, hopefully they're given more by Janela and Kiss. This is a different "Rembrandt" than we've seen in the past. Deeb vs Kilynn King interests me. Maxx Stardom showed nothing last week, but Fenix might be more his size at least to have some offense against. Smiley was "springy" and will be interesting to see how he keeps up with LB. #5 and #10 should be shortened to VX.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts

Mad King vs Pillman Jr could be good. Ben Carter vs Big Shotty Lee is green vs green and will be interesting to see how that is booked. Gunn Club facing M'Badu again - Billy bumped like hell for him last time, interesting to see them matched up again the "Cruz" in this match looks like he's in his 50's in that pic. Makes me think Billy wants to check on his development in the couple of months it's been. Blackwood and especially Garcia deserved better than Butcher&Blade allowed them, hopefully they're given more by Janela and Kiss. This is a different "Rembrandt" than we've seen in the past. Deeb vs Kilynn King interests me. Maxx Stardom showed nothing last week, but Fenix might be more his size at least to have some offense against. Smiley was "springy" and will be interesting to see how he keeps up with LB. #5 and #10 should be shortened to VX.
MMMMMMM’Baduuuu!!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Very story light dark. At least some people get their first win and Chris Daniels v Starks is a solid match. Lee Johnson would have quite a debt to build out of.

·
Registered
12,431 Posts
Ben Carter is far from green
A couple years as a pro in low level indies is green. He looked great against Starks and has a match with Scorpio on the 1 hr Dynamite special so AEW likes him and I raved about his Starks match and believe he should be signed, but working Starks and Sky vs working Lee is night and day and will be much more telling than working the ring veterans.

2081 - 2100 of 2167 Posts