Wrestling Forum banner

2061 - 2080 of 2167 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Apart from the MATCH OF THE CENTURY

Colt Cabana vs QT Marshall- I think both are great workers and whilst neither seem popular on this forum think this could surprise as a decent match

Ortiz/Santana vs Garrison and Pillman Jr -Listening to that shit ring announcer say Orrrrrrtthissssssssssssssssssssssss is enough to make me want to chop his chest raw Tenryu style, Pillman looks and moves a star please do more with him, been impressed with Griff also

Red Velvet vs Brandi Rhodes -Brandi the Triple H 2002-2003 of AEW will win, shame as RV has a lot of potentail with look, charisma and ability, I hope its noticed!

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
I can see the finish now. Right before the match it’s made No DQ and then Leva turns on Avalon to help Cutler win. And as Cutler destroys Avalon with a chair for the win, JR screams:

JR: What the Hell is this?! What the Hell is this?!
Tony: It’s a new champ.........It’s a new winner!
JR. Cutler is shaking hands with Satan herself to win his first Bah Gawd match!

Book that shit. And if anyone doesn’t know what I‘m referencing, shame on you.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I found the full lineup for today's show:

• Dark Order (3, 4, Grayson, and Evil Uno) vs. Private Party, Billy, and Austin Gunn
  • The Butcher and The Blade w/ Eddie Kingston vs. Daniel Garcia and Kevin Blackwood
  • Best Friends vs. Maxx Stardom and Dontae Smiley
  • FTW Champion Brian Cage vs. Megabyte Ronnie
  • Colt Cabana vs. QT Marshall w/Allie
  • Jessy Sorensen vs. Will Hobbs
  • Penelope Ford w/ Kip Sabian vs. Dani Jordyn
  • Brandi Rhodes vs. Red Velvet
  • Santana and Ortiz vs. Griff Garrison and Brian Pillman Jr.
  • Ivelisse and Diamante vs. Skyler Moore and Rache Chanel
  • Brandon Cutler vs. Peter Avalon w/ Leva Bates
It looks like Will Hobbs will get another win and they may be trying to push him a bit.

·
Registered
12,431 Posts
Disappointed with Butcher&Blade vs Blackwood and Garcia - expected so much more, not given much time to let the Buffalo Boys any shine.

Megabyte Ronnie has some decent size to him, but really green and I felt bad for Cage that he had to take that hotdog bit.

Garrison looked like he might have taken a hard knock to the head mid-match as he seemed off timing wise all of a sudden. Okay match, both teams need to be doing more than DARK matches.

Cutler and Avalon go to a count out - yawn. So predictable, I had hoped for more. Now I get the feeling they're going to fight again and lead to a DDQ and then decide that they want to be partners afterall and then get their first win.

Maxx Stardom is a tiny fellow - who's taller him or John Silver? Wouldn't mind seeing Dontae Smily again he had some real spring to him.

Colton Gunn appears on DARK officially, now get him in the ring with Austin and have Billy their manager. I dug that step up spike elbow Grayson delivered to Billy. Match fell a part a bit at the end when they were trading big moves as they seemed to be a little off on timing of it all.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Great episode I fully enjoyed except megabyte doosh.Cutler vs Avalon continues I'm happy haha.I honestly think it will end with Cutler becoming a full member of dark order perhaps replacing cult cabana.

Dark order cleared house first time they went unbeaten in one night especially the underlings.Every time they have multi dark order matches on a card they come out 50/50 to my knowledge this is the first clean sweep.

Btw fuck you idiots hating on silver hes awesome love them beaver boys!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I wish they would give Brian Cage an actual feud. He's just spinning his wheels on Dark and the Darby feud kind of got taken over by Starks.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Well geez, that was a stacked DARK I really enjoyed

Skipped:

Penelope / Dani
Woman’s tag

Eh:
Cage v Ronnie (green still)

Enjoyed:
PnP v Blondes
Best Friends v Jobbers
BnB v Jobbers
Brandi v Red Velvet (Brandi is getting better by the day)

Colt v QT (for the story alone - Colt going at the end ‘I’m a winner’ said so much. This is really like a true cult story for the first time ever. Build him up, break him down. Leave him with one friend (Uno) - build him up again. Repeat. Tomorrow Brodie is happy again with him. It is real good storytelling)

Really fucking enjoyed:

Will Hobbs v that dude - man.... Willie is looking the business. Can get him on Dynamite soon

That 8-man tag. Boy, do the Dark Order know their shit. I loved the pack mentality whenever somebody was in their corner and all of them are starting to shine. Silver is a beast, Uno is such a schemer and Grayson is intense as fuck..... and Reynolds is the punching bag :D

Loved this match

and finally....

Brandon v Peter

We all knew how it was gonna end - but how they got there was great. No rest holds, no break in action - just non-stop going. They were intense from the start which is fitting the feud. Legit.... this could have been a spot on the PPV and I would’ve been fine with it. Or the Buy-in.

Just shows what a little story can do for even two job guys

Great DARK - A+ stuff in my books (for a free youtube wrestling show - gotta be seen in context)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
So, two guys feuding over who's the worst wrestler in the company, the two of them with a combined record of about 0-50. Anyone they beat will be forever buried, and each one is too far down the rabbit hole to have a victory mean anything. Brilliant storytelling with absolutely nobody benefitting in any conceivable way. Also, amazing comedy at play with neither being able to win a match, even amongst themselves. Thank God this is reduced to Dark, so I guess I can't be too mad.

Hobbs looked good in his squash though.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
So, two guys feuding over who's the worst wrestler in the company, the two of them with a combined record of about 0-50. Anyone they beat will be forever buried, and each one is too far down the rabbit hole to have a victory mean anything. Brilliant storytelling with absolutely nobody benefitting in any conceivable way. Also, amazing comedy at play with neither being able to win a match, even amongst themselves. Thank God, this is reduced to Dark.

Hobbs looked good in his squash though.
Investment in a character is also building and benefitting

its a funny thing given the statement of AEW - but ‘wins and losses’ is not the only thing that matters

buying into a characters Arc is a very valid benefit

it might not be for you, and for these characters - but for some of us it is

·
Justice 4 Asuka
1,730 Posts
Pretty good episode.

Avalon/Cutler was the best match of the night. Good match, predictable ending with the double countout.

Colt just needs to leave the Dark Order already he doesn't suit them at all.

Penelope/Dani Jordyn. I'm a fan of both but they didn't gel well together sadly. Penelope looked like she hurt her back at the end as well, hopefully nothing serious.

Red Velvet is also someone I'm a fan of. She's been a main feature on dark, I think 5 weeks in a row now. Brandi I'm not such a big fan of, hopefully Anna Jay beats her.

Will Hobbs is fast becoming one of my favourites. I can actually see him teaming with Allin against Cage and Starks in the future, there was a bit of a tease with that tonight.

Diamante is OK but Ivelisse is the Shawn Michaels of that tag team, she's a potential big star for AEW. Skyler Moore is meh and please don't bring Rach Chenel back.

8 man tag was fine. John Silver MVP for me.

Also I like Veda, her Taz and Excalibur gel very nicely together. Ricky Starks being there for a few matches was a nice touch.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Largely boring episode. I despised that hot dog wanker immediately. The main event was good stuff for a clusterfuck. Hobbs looked absolutely fantastic.

Side note. Don't have starks and tazz interact on commentary again. That was grating after the cage match

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
I think losing streak ended for both... as it was a draw. With that they should go separate ways. Leva Bates should atleast go for a singles run.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,863 Posts
Why the fuck do they keep letting Rache Chanel wrestle on Dark? Did they not see how fucking terrible she was in her first match and how much backlash she got for being so terrible? And surprise surprise she was terrible once again, looking awkward as fuck trying to get her hair out of her face after every move and botching left and right, this stupid bitch is gonna hurt someone in there. And why does she scratch her head after every move she takes? Well not scratching really, almost looks like shes trying make sure her wig stays on or something.

I'm convinced Rache Chanel is some bitch they found on the street with no wrestling experience at all and offered her a chance to wrestle cause they needed a jobber and didn't have one on hand.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Why the fuck do they keep letting Rache Chanel wrestle on Dark? Did they not see how fucking terrible she was in her first match and how much backlash she got for being so terrible? And surprise surprise she was terrible once again, looking awkward as fuck trying to get her hair out of her face after every move and botching left and right, this stupid bitch is gonna hurt someone in there. And why does she scratch her head after every move she takes? Well not scratching really, almost looks like shes trying make sure her wig stays on or something.

I'm convinced Rache Chanel is some bitch they found on the street with no wrestling experience at all and offered her a chance to wrestle cause they needed a jobber and didn't have one on hand.
Darks like their nightmare factory development brand. Or like the young lions in njpw. Trot these guys out to train em on the job.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,863 Posts
Darks like their nightmare factory development brand. Or like the young lions in njpw. Trot these guys out to train em on the job.
Nah most on there look to have least been trained somewhat, Rache Chanel is really the only one who wrestles like shes never had an ounce of training in her life, the other jobbers/unknowns on there at least look somewhat competent and have the basics of pro wrestling learned and can get through a match without botching.

2061 - 2080 of 2167 Posts