Wrestling Forum banner

2041 - 2060 of 2167 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
One of the best dark episodes for some time for me, the more I see starks the more I think he has more potential than mjf, enjoying angelico single run on dark, I dont remember him displaying such a submission oriented in ring style on lucha underground, im wondering if he has had one or two bad injuries over the years and has decided to reign in the high flying stuff.

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
One of the best dark episodes for some time for me, the more I see starks the more I think he has more potential than mjf, enjoying angelico single run on dark, I dont remember him displaying such a submission oriented in ring style on lucha underground, im wondering if he has had one or two bad injuries over the years and has decided to reign in the high flying stuff.
Honestly, doing the submission thing helps him stand out, since there's a dozen guys who can do more flips than him

·
Registered
12,429 Posts
face slap was Starks fault i think (IMO)

Kingston should get a ‘shield’ vest
Or just lose the gut. Nobody is demanding a six pack but dude needs to lose 20lbs. He's on television now with a contract.

I wish Angelico would change his gear. I think his new sub style, while just wearing standard trunks and books would be the right repackage. TH2 stand out with their current gear, but not in a good way. I mean it's their choice for better or worse and you need to let the artist paint their own picture, I just think he and Jack would be much better with downplayed gear and less silly dancing and the like. These guys are world travelled veterans and should be in the upper tier of the tag division.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Honestly, doing the submission thing helps him stand out, since there's a dozen guys who can do more flips than him

Yeah it's a refreshing change and not something you really see from anyone on the aew roster that I can think of.

·
Justice 4 Asuka
1,728 Posts
It looks like we're getting Anna Jay v Brandi next week on dark. Big match to be putting on dark instead of dynamite.

·
Registered
12,429 Posts
Wow. A ton of new faces as well.

Uno, Grayson, Silver(?) and Reynolds vs Private Party and Gunn Club

Butcher and Blade vs Daniel Garcia and Kevin Blackwood. I've called for Blackwood to be signed before, so it's neat that he's getting a tryout hear. He's a Buffalo based wrestler so Butcher & Blade will be familiar with him - they've even teamed with him in the past. "REd Death" Daniel Garcia is a legit prospect (21 yrs old) as well from Buffalo area, though also wrestled for C4 in Canada, even defeating Evil Uno. Garcia and Blackwood have teamed together somewhat regularly "Calling themselves The Buffalo Brothers) and fought Uno/Grayson in the past. Garcia also wrestled against Butcher&Blade on the indies. Keep your eye on this match here as I suspect Butcher and Blade will try and make the youngsters look like a million bucks and get them signed.

Best Friends vs Maxx Stardom and Dontae Smiley. Maxx Stardom is a little dude - 5'5" from listings I can find pretty thick though with a decent look. Diamante is his sister. Can't find much about Dontae Smiley.

Brian Cage vs Megabyte Ronnie - "Megabyte" Ronnie Hartman is the guy who faced off against Cody on the Hotwings Gameshow Challenge a few months ago. Against Cage though he's sure to be squashed.

Colt Cabana vs QT Marshall

Jessy Sorenson vs Will Hobbs - Interesting match here. Hobbs is sure to win, but Sorenson is more a grinder type than a bumper to sell Hobbs' power. Maybe we'll see another side of Hobbs here in a win.

Penelope Ford vs Dani Jordyn - Mean Girl with a Burn Book - yawn.

Red Velvet vs Brandi Rhodes - I worry about this match as Velvet might move too quickly for Brandi. But I also suspect they work out and train together at QT's school so there might be some chemistry just the same.

Ortiz/Santana vs Garrison and Pillman Jr - We know who is winning, but it could be very good. Pillman is better than being a DARK jobber but AEW isn't going to give him any wins until his MLW contract is up in December.

Skylar Moore and Rache Chanel vs Diamante and Ivelisse - Man, am I going to have to watch a Rache match? I just want to see Skylar in the ring with Ivelisse.

Cutler vs Avalon - probably given the main event slot given their storyline here. I hope thy give one of them the win versus some silly both lose cop out non-finish. I think they're breaking them up because Cutler is going to end up in the Dark Order and they didn't want this hanging around as an issue.

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
Cutler and Avalon must go to a double pin, double DQ, double countout, or time limit draw, lol.

My dream of them beating a big team on Dynamite and getting their first win together must go on.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Bold Matches are matches I'm looking forward to because there's a reason for them to occur. Italic matches I don't think serve any purpose and are just keep busy matches.

Uno, Grayson, Silver and Reynolds vs Private Party and Gunn Club-

Competitive match. No complaints. I think Dark Order should win here.

Butcher and Blade vs Daniel Garcia and Kevin Blackwood-

Butcher and Blade have typically been light on storyline but Eddie Kingston has injected some storyline stuff.

Best Friends vs Maxx Stardom and Dontae Smiley-

Best Friends have had good storyline stuff with P&P but if not should just be a boring squash.

Brian Cage vs Megabyte Ronnie-

Boring squash. Cage has had enough squashes. It's time for a feud.

Colt Cabana vs QT Marshall-

Competitive match. And Dark Order and Nightmare family always bring the story.

Jessy Sorenson vs Will Hobbs -

Will Hobbs badly needs wins. So no complaints.

Penelope Ford vs Dani Jordyn -

Penelope Ford has had so many squashes time for a feud.

Red Velvet vs Brandi Rhodes -

Brandi Rhodes always brings the story.

Ortiz/Santana vs Garrison and Pillman Jr -

It's time for Hollywood blondes to graduate from jobbers and if no best friends story this will just bury them down the card more for no reason.

Skylar Moore and Rache Chanel vs Diamante and Ivelisse -

Diamante and Ivelisse need some wins and some story happened in their last segment.

Cutler vs Avalon -

I can not bold this enough. It's happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Cutler v Avalon dream match :D
How dare you smile sir.....

Not only is the Initiative done but now they are battling it out.....what a sad day.....the sun shines just a bit less bright today.

(Do you think someone wins or do they do a double KO or something?)

Reactions: LifeInCattleClass

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
How dare you smile sir.....

Not only is the Initiative done but now they are battling it out.....what a sad day.....the sun shines just a bit less bright today.

(Do you think someone wins or do they do a double KO or something?)
man... i’ve never been this hype for a “jobber” match

this match announcement on twitter has a massive amount of likes and comments - amazing what they’ve done with two ‘nobodies’

..... i think..... it has to go double count-out, doesn’t it?

we need the TEAM back together!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I'll be watching for the new guys to see if there is anything worthwhile there.

Why in the holy name of hell do they keep bringing Rache Chanel back?

Couldn't possibly care less about the Avalon-Cutler feud over who's the worst in the company; they'll probably do a double countout for the lulz. Just please keep this off of Dynamite.

·
Registered
12,429 Posts
Blackwood and Garcia were trained by The Blade at his wrestling school in Buffalo. Megabyte Ronnie seems to be a competitive eater at a reasonably high level (for whatever that is worth).

·
Registered
995 Posts
man... i’ve never been this hype for a “jobber” match

this match announcement on twitter has a massive amount of likes and comments - amazing what they’ve done with two ‘nobodies’

..... i think..... it has to go double count-out, doesn’t it?

we need the TEAM back together!
After thinking it over heres what I think happens.....

Avalon beats Cutler maybe by leva interference and afterward Dark Order recruits Cutler.

Or Cutler wins via dark order interference finally revealing him as the creeper he played a few weeks ago in the 6 man tag.

2041 - 2060 of 2167 Posts