Wrestling Forum banner

AEW Annual Specialty Event

533 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  nailz1
With the WWE annual Royal Rumble match taking place this Sunday, it got me to thinking about how it may serve AEW well to play host to some sort of specialty event that the company can call their own. Obviously you have the WWE with the Royal Rumble, King of the Ring, and Mae Young Classic; while NXT plays host to the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. You had TNA with the World X-Cup event and WCW Slamboree was originally an event to both induct legends into the WCW hall of fame as well feature legends participating in matches.

Personally, I would love to see AEW host some event of this magnitude on an annual basis, such as an original tournament concept of some sort with the finals taking place at a PPV; you could even bring in various outside talents if deals with the likes of ROH, NJPW, NWA, MLW, etc. can be worked out at some point. Thoughts? Ideas?
See less
Reactions: Bosnian21
With the WWE annual Royal Rumble match taking place this Sunday, it got me to thinking about how it may serve AEW well to play host to some sort of specialty event that the company can call their own. Obviously you have the WWE with the Royal Rumble, King of the Ring, and Mae Young Classic; while NXT plays host to the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. You had TNA with the World X-Cup event and WCW Slamboree was originally an event to both induct legends into the WCW hall of fame as well...
See more
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
16,699 Posts
They will for sure but thr first year has been laying the foundation. Very likely next year we will see a regular solid 6 ppvs and some most likely be special gimkicks .

Cody has been working on trademsrking old stuff

· Premium Member
278 Posts
I kind of like the idea of AEW doing a event similar to Battlebowl. The best thing about the whole thing was the Lottery, as you have no idea who is going to end up teaming together leading to some great matches that you would not normally see and if AEW wanted to add there own twist, Then they could go with a six man tag instead of the normal two vs two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.