Wrestling Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 3717 Posts

·
C Mac G
6,116 Posts
Moxley is doing his thing at Starrcast at 9PM Friday, so that's a solid 2 hours of programming, from the Moxley special into the Countdown to ALL Out.

As far as CM Punk goes, just want to pose this clip from his Ariel Helwani interview he did the week before he walked out on the WWE in 2014 - https://streamable.com/v4ol9

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
One thing worth pointing out in that Punk Starrcast promo - he takes shots at the cancellations and those talents being told what to do and not appear. Obvious shot at the WWE talent who have agreed but then pulled. I believe Undertaker was the big one this time around - taking a shot at UT probably means Punk has no designs on going back to WWE still.

(Angle and Booker T might have been others who pulled out as well IIRC).

·
Listen to me, When the times comes, you gotta run
527 Posts
With All Out around the corner gotta wonder what the buyrate will be?

Double or Nothing was between 98k and 113k buys and All Out will definitely blow that out of the water especially with the tnt special. Predicting at least 150k buys for this show with a high end prediction of 180k buys

·
Registered
22,748 Posts

Double or Nothing was between 98k and 113k buys and All Out will definitely blow that out of the water especially with the tnt special. Predicting at least 150k buys for this show with a high end prediction of 180k buys
150k to 180k is an insane prediction. Because at that point you're essentially assuming that not only is everybody that bought the first one going to buy it, but that an extra 35k+ are going to get it this time. They haven't put on a bad show yet. But that's still a wild prediction. I'd predict a slightly lower but still great buyrate.

·
C Mac G
6,116 Posts

180k would be insane, a ton of the WWE shows prior to the network era were doing under than that.

I'm thinking 120k would be a really good number, anything above that is a home run. I can only speak for myself, but I didn't buy Double or Nothing, and I will be buying this show.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
He's coming to All Out. No way in hell would Tony Kahn and Cody be okay with Punk showing up at Starrcast on the same day all All Out event if he wasn't involved. Yes I know Punk did a meet and greet last year, but he wasn't officially part of Starrcast.
He was not promoted like this. I just remember there being a huge line of people and thats all the mention it got. This time its different.

I have finally made up my mind.. He will be there.

·
C Mac G
6,116 Posts
Anyone buying Starrcast? Moxley just got pulled, so I'm a little meh on it, but the Punk Interview, MJF show and BTE Live mailbag will probably all be awesome. Tempted to get it.

·
C Mac G
6,116 Posts
My brother brought up a really good point while I was talking about him about the possibility of Punk at All Out.

And he said something to the effect of, CM Punk probably knows the ramifications and long term impact of him going to AEW right has to the Wrestling business. I mean, this would be, no hyperbole, one of the biggest acquisitions in the entire history of Wrestling. Not only does it propel AEW even higher, but this again would be another HUGE shot at WWE, that is just only going to make them want to be better, change things, treat the Wrestlers better, pay guys more, etc. etc. etc.

A lot of that is going to happen with or without Punk, but I'm sure Punk himself realizes, that him returning to Wrestling now, at ALL Out, would be something that had long lasting ramifications to professional wrestling as a whole for possibly decades.

At some point, this was unquestionably his passion in life, I don't know if there is a shred of that passion left, but if there is, there will NEVER be another moment like this for a comeback. The stars will never align like this, quite possibly in our lifetimes. Punk has always said the one thing that he fears most in life is regret, and passing this up would to be something I would think you would regret.

Still, if that passion for wrestling is COMPLETELY dead, then I guess not. But man, the word serendipitous has been thrown out a lot recently in wrestling, but this seems to be the most evident case of that yet.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Pretty sure Punk has enough money to live comfortably till the rest of his life. Its all about does he wanna have one more run or not.

Honestly him not showing up will hurt the outcome of the show and peoples expectations a lot. Even if he is not signed, he needs to be there... even for a promo.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
and this is why I want him to say at starkest he won't return because it's annoying
the fucking community harass aew with questions about punk, then when they answer. "OMG they are talking about punk that means he will be back"
i am the biggest punk fan, but they don't need him, they didnt need him until now, he I a nostalgia act and if he returns I don't give you one month before the same fans starts sperging everywhere that he lost it and they are disappointed.

1501 - 1520 of 3717 Posts