Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
It´s totally different. Botchamania and many other channels that were compyrighted today, including AEW´s music channel wasn´t intentional. AEW Botches is just ridiculous and they are doing it with bad purposes and saying that AEW will kill their wrestlers, etc. That page shouldn´t even exist, and their only intent is to harm the product.

So if some nobody would try to harm my company with the content produced by me, i would do exactly the same, to protect my product.
Everybody is ridiculed. That AEW takes it personally is a horrible look for them. They come off like a petula child. TNA also had a TNA botches Twitter account.

I hope in the case of Botchamana, it's not TK because if it is then you are talking about quite a destructive company for its mere 2 years existance.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
am i the only one who doesn't give a shit if AEW killed Botchamania ?
if you want to make money out of a certain product without taking a permission first
then go fuck yourself your channel deserve to be killed

i don't think fair use apply to Botchamania situation
Botchamania don't provide criticism on a product
they make entertainment videos using products from other companies

if Botchamania wants to make a deal with AEW and split the earnings, then maybe we can talk
Dude if people would use only original content, You Tube would not exist. It's all people who views content that other makes: movies, TV shows, etc....And the truth is that it actually helps all these movies and TV shows and so forth even if people talk negatively about them. Because as along as people talk about you, you exist in people's mind. You are part of the conversation. Again showing TK is not a good businessman.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Dude if people would use only original content, You Tube would not exist. It's all people who views content that other makes: movies, TV shows, etc....And the truth is that it actually helps all these movies and TV shows and so forth even if people talk negatively about them. Because as along as people talk about you, you exist in people's mind. You are part of the conversation. Again showing TK is not a good businessman.
so you mean any publicity is good publicity
that maybe true
but i always imagine myself in the situation before i judge it
if i'm paying for something and someone else is making money out of it without taking my permission, i would be pissed off

·
Registered
13,487 Posts
Everybody is ridiculed. That AEW takes it personally is a horrible look for them. They come off like a petula child. TNA also had a TNA botches Twitter account.

I hope in the case of Botchamana, it's not TK because if it is then you are talking about quite a destructive company for its mere 2 years existance.
Ridicule to your little hearts content. But don't expect to use copywrighted material of the person your are mocking to do it.

·
Registered
13,487 Posts
Legally why would that be a thing, especially in the US. Now it being completely banned would be one thing. But saying hey if you suck it's dick instead of mock it, that's cool. Doesn't sound reasonable law wise
You can walk into my house and take my television if I let you, if I don't let you it's theft. Both cases you are taking what is mine - it's up to me how I allow my property to be used.

·
Registered
28,566 Posts
You can walk into my house and take my television if I let you, if I don't let you it's theft. Both cases you are taking what is mine - it's up to me how I allow my property to be used.
Not the same thing. It's more akin to if you were say an electrician and did a showing of your work. Then I chopped that footage up and either praised or ridiculed the work. Thats more what fair use is about.

·
None. More. Hated.
Tuck Your Chin.
9,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·

Close the thread. AEW wasn't trying to kill botchamania. This is the creator of Botchamania. What is the next one?

I didnt say what the intent was or whether it maliciously done. I screenshotted the tweet and used Maffews own words. Dont be so sensitive. If you notice, I simply said "about to", which was factual. I never said "trying to" or "going after " or "hunting down."

·
Registered
336 Posts
I don't think there would've been many people saying "You can't use a second of their content, they're right to take these videos down" if it was about WWE before AEW existed.

WWE must love that there a fewer people complaining about videos being taken down and fewer people complaining about healthcare simply because it might mean having to criticise AEW as well and we obviously can't have that.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
AEW fans blame a 3rd party and say its got nothing to do with AEW. People who don't like AEW blame AEW for having thin skin.

I'm leaning towards it being direct orders from AEW to remove anything which shows them in bad light, simply because they have form for it. Then retracting it after getting Backlash from fans.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
the_flock said:
I'm leaning towards it being direct orders from AEW to remove anything which shows them in bad light, simply because they have form for it.
So how does that explain their official music channel getting copyright struck then?

It doesn't because they don't do it manually. All of these companies use automated tracker things that use algorithms. I used to run a web site and it happened to me once when I accidentally used a non-licensed image. Somehow their tracker found it in no time.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
5,571 Posts
People are really, really overreacting in this thread.

AEW's algorithms automatically flagged Botchamania.

Maffew reached out to AEW.

AEW pulled the strikes.

Some of you are funny. "Gettin' all rambunctious, gettin' all excited!" -Corey Graves

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,667 Posts
I used to watch Botchamania all the time, but then it got confusing as to HOW exactly one could watch it. "Oh, I'm not on YouTube anymore, but if you click this link, you can watch a mirrored version of it for free for seven days!!!" or something else just as stupidly confusing. Like what the fuck?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I used to watch Botchamania all the time, but then it got confusing as to HOW exactly one could watch it. "Oh, I'm not on YouTube anymore, but if you click this link, you can watch a mirrored version of it for free for seven days!!!" or something else just as stupidly confusing. Like what the fuck?
It's the only way the guy that make them keep it to exist. He keep making new channels cause it's always taken down.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts