Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else thinks that WWE should really start to advertise whoever gets #1.

EX-Last year we saw Ziggler #1, before was Mysterio.

Why can't they let people know who drew #1? Then it'd be almost like a push for that guy because he's advertising himself as the #1 entrant who'll beat 29 other guys and win the rumble.

They could also show us who picked #30 one year so that people wont automatically assume #30 will be a surprise entrant(though it did make Edges entrance at 29 bigger because everyone thought it'd be at 30)

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
It should be done once in a while, but not every year. The storyline with Chris Jericho entering himself at #2 because he was jealous of Shawn Michaels getting #1 was great (2003).

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think it would be fine to advertise someone drawing #1, #30, or some other numbers, as long as it plays a role in some sort of storyline or character development - something to help get the fans of that particular wrestler excited or create some heat for a heel going into the event. As long as it has a good purpose, I would have no problem with it. The only thing that I would worry about is that it might get carried away and multiple numbers get announced because the complete randomness is one of the things that makes the Rumble so exciting and that shouldn't be messed with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts