Wrestling Forum banner

ADR's Rumble Chances?

1594 22
I'm slowly becoming convinced that Del Rio is either going to win the Rumble or be one of the last ones eliminated. It seems to me that WWE is using all this promo time on Raw to get all of the fans (not just Smackdown) used to seeing Del Rio as a main-event level guy, and possibly one of the faces of the company.

I think one of these two things will happen:

1. ADR wins the Rumble, possibly starting a mini-feud with the last person he eliminates to give him more momentum going into Wrestlemania. It's 50/50 whether or not he wins or loses this match, it'll probably depend on how WWE gauges the fans' reactions to him. I'm going win, though. It fits his character.

2. ADR gets eliminated in shocking fashion, setting up a feud with the person who eliminated him that will extend to Wrestlemania, where a win puts him permanently in the title hunt. There are two feuds that I can see happening, and that's either Rey/ADR (perfect way to end the feud, with ADR finally vanquishing his hated rival on the grandest stage of them all), or Christian/ADR (Christian's link with Edge would provide ADR with the stepping-stone he needs to get to the champ).

Thoughts?
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Harvester of Sorrow
13,706 Posts
Yeah I doubt he'll win it. Smackdown needs people to wrestle in the Elimination Chamber PPV as well, if ADR wins at Rumble, he won't be in the Elimination Chamber. But Smackdown needs numbers for the EC match, and I reckon ADR will be one of those in the EC match.

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
He's a surefire for the final four I think. I really don't buy into the stuff that because he's declaring he's going to win it that he won't. It would actually be a good story to find out that he rigged the Rumble or something, so that he ''knew'' he was going to win. Nevertheless, WWE could go down the route of ADR banging on about winning, lulling the fans into a false sense of security, believing him to not win for this reason, for him to go and win.

Still, I still see him as one of the favourites to win. I have ADR or Punk down to win.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
I (sadly) think he has no chance. I'm convinced the winner will play into some sort of main event at Wrestlemania involving Nexus.

Right now, I'm going with Punk winning - Cena taking the belt off Miz at EC and these two collide at Mania. Punk has just strengthened his Nexus which will protect him throughout the Rumble and they'll screw Cena out of it too, making him determined to win the EC match up to get his hands on Punk.

I mean they had a really good match on Raw that only left us wanting more (or so I felt anyway), and it just seems the most likely possibility.

Edit: to go further on ADR, I do think he'll be around near the business end of the Rumble - might be a surprise return from Christian that puts him out? Just sayin'.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
I actually think he will win. First, WWE's been having a hard on for fresh talent, second they love having the buildup pay off. Remember Orton's last few builds to ppvs? And he more of the than not ends up the victor. DBD vs Miz US feud? All Bryan officially.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I'm going with slim to none. Agreeing with the two guys above me who said that because ADR's been procaliming it so much lately, he probably isn't going to get the win.

Although it would be great for him to win, and get a clean win over Mysterio at WM. But, I can't really see a major superstar like Rey getting the loss and possibly "career ender" from that. Because we all know Mysterio would eventually come back and beat ADR, etc.

Would be nice to see him as a part of the last remaining superstars in the ring.

·
Registered
550 Posts
He has zero chance of winning. For the last 3 weeks he has been declaring he's gonna win it, which really means...he has no chance.
I know he isn't of the same caliber but Austin and Rock both did this.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Mysterio will eliminate him as the crowd pleaser of the night, I'll sulk, come on here and post a thread saying how much I absolutely abhor Mysterio.

Calling it.
I thought I already implied it.

PS look at my sig.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.