Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't stand ADR either - but what do the WWE hope to achieve from a gimmick where a mexican owns a lot of land, and buys so many different sports cars he doesn't know what to do with them?

There's no wonder the WWE universe doesn't really respond to him - it's one of the worst main eventer gimmicks i've ever seen!!! He's good enough wrestler to be able to hold his own with a standard 'technical wrestler' gimmick

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'm not seeing the appeal either. Maybe if he played the gimmick a bit more than just rolling out in sports cars it might be okay. It's very one dimensional at this point.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
probably cause the WWE invested so much in him you
never really saw him mid-card so time I say will
either win u over or not.He's won folks over on SD
so give RAW some time.

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
I think he should of been more of a Mexican Million Dollar Man than a Mexican JBL which it seems like he is.

But over recent weeks it's like he's turning a little crazy. Bullying his ring announcer at times, talking to himself in Mexican, it's like he's becoming so obsessed with the whole destiny thing he's going a little mad.

·
Registered
546 Posts
there's a lot of whiny, cowardly gimmicks that don't at all turn me on. ADR is aggressive, but also a pussy in his behavior. I get they are trying to make him a heel.. in due time this may work. Problem is all the storylines are just blah blah I'm going to beat you stories with no real depth to them that start up suddenly and seem to fade just as fast. Hopefully they work on this.. last two raws were fairly good.

Having a good heel that everyone dislikes can help put over people that the WWE wants people to like, such as Punk, though he's not over as much as he could be because he also has a whiny streak.. like HHH has said, man up quit bitching.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Let's be honest, Del Rio is nothing more then a watered down Mexican JBL. I love his in-ring work, but, like you said, I can't get behind him just because his character is so damn boring.

·
Banned
100 Posts
Alberto Del Rio is boring

He is one of the most overrated superstars in WWE.
I just don't find him interesting at all. His gimmick is unoriginal and is a rip off of JBL. Del Rio is very boring.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Re: Alberto Del Rio is boring

I 100% agree, it just isn't working.

·
All Out
2,790 Posts
I don't mind the Mexican Aristocrat gimmick as much as most. He's clearly got similarities to JBL's character (obviously he's Mexican instead of a douchebag, but alot of the same characteristics)...

·
Banned
1,760 Posts
The gimmick was good for a while but we are not witnessing any growth or character development which is making him stale. WWE started with a good base then allowed him to level off to early.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
time will change your mind
Sorry but after year of being in top feuds (by that I mean, not a Superstars feud or ones that end after 2 weeks) and countless opportunities to get over (mega heel entrance with flashy cars, personal ring announcer and pyro, winning te royal rumble, a main went match a Mania, running over Big Show, putting Rey Mysterio out of action and now feuding with Cena) it's no longer time he needs. The guy needs a major overhaul or something.

O say drop the "destiny" thing and drop all the flashy stuff, and have him start buying wrestlers to create a stable. I think that would have more of a chance at getting him over.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts