Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alberto Del Rio in a tag team with Dashing Cody Rhodes.

I think they've been eluding to it recently. First, Dashing was complimentary of Del Rio in that survivor series promo. Then on smackdown Del Rio refused to comment on Cody Rhodes when asked by the announce team, and went on to help him beat Rey Mysterio.

I hope it happens. I think their gimmicks would have great chemistry, both are insanely charismatic heels, and they are the only two guys I can see taking the tag team championship back to main event status.

tl;dr: Marking for ADR and DCR, I hope they team up and win the belts.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ADR it's fine on his current role, he shouldn't carry that dead weight.
On his current role he won't get the title for months. His fued with Mysterio is just getting started, as is Kane/Edge.

He's got nothing better to do for the next couple months.

And for the record, The Dashing One is not dead weight. He happens to be one of my favorites.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I can see why the combo would work, they have similar arrogance but I think both are doing well enough on their own at the moment and the teaming would detract from them as solo stars.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Both these guys are making ground as singles stars (especially Del Rio). No sense in stepping back to a full blown tag team role.

However, there certainly is potential in them forming an alliance of some sort.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Del Rio is probably taking the world title after WrestleMania, Rhodes is floundering in midcard hell. They're in completely different spots, teaming them up won't accomplish anything productive.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
Del Rio is probably taking the world title after WrestleMania, Rhodes is floundering in midcard hell. They're in completely different spots, teaming them up won't accomplish anything productive.
and it would be holding Del Rio back.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
They both have entertaining characters, Cody Rhodes makes me laugh, and obviously I'm a Del Rio mark, teaming them up wouldn't accomplish much, if anything at all to be honest, Del Rio as champion is a matter of when rather than if.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
and it would be holding Del Rio back.
That's kinda why I said it wouldn't accomplish anything productive, because that's not productive. :side:

Besides, ADR's character is being built differently than a typical heel. Usually 2 heels can find a common ground to team up, but he's being established as a lone wolf type of character that can't get along with anybody. Putting him in a tag team would be a complete 180 from that.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Pyro™;9087238 said:
That's kinda why I said it wouldn't accomplish anything productive, because that's not productive. :side:

Besides, ADR's character is being built very differently than a typical heel. He's being established as a lone wolf type of character that can't get along with anybody. Putting him in a tag team would be a complete 180 from that.
Exactly. His Promo on SmackDown! before facing the Big Show proved that he is preferable of a 'Lone Wolf' style, mentioning he shouldn't need to "Share the spotlight" with people that aren't his equals.

I like both men, but ADR is just undeniably better in every aspect.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
I think that'd be counter-productive to both men's careers, to be honest. These are both guys that want to be headed to the main event eventually, and with their respective talent levels, should get there pretty easily.

I say just let them enjoy their own journeys.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
No way. I don't agree with the people saying the Rhodes sucks at all but these 2 have nothing in common from a persona standpoint. Rhodes and Drew didn't either and we saw how long that team lasted. ADR needs a World title push and Rhodes needs a legit feud with a solid face like Kofi to get him back on track.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Its really sad how people see Cody Rhodes because he is obviously really talented and although he isn't playing a major role right now he is destined for greatness.

Reactions: sean 590

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm getting a huge laugh out of Cody's gimmick lately. I crack the fuck up whenever he smiles, only showing his upper teeth; looking like he's tripping balls or is mentally handicapped. Seriously, the Dashing one is the highlight of friday night smackdown for me, especially when he throws his tantrums.

Agreed that DCR is nowhere near as close to main eventer status as ADR.

In regards to the point of ADR being a lone wolf, that is precisely my point. A short tag team run where he eventually screws over Cody because he isn't "on his level" would help solidify that aspect of his gimmick. They could even use it to turn Cody back to face. Cody may have an arrogance gimmick but they've been conspicuously holding off from having him doing any match interference, or building him as a cheater. Smackdown is hard-up for faces I might add.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Then on smackdown Del Rio refused to comment on Cody Rhodes when asked by the announce team said:
As great a wrestler as ADR is he didn't comment on Cody as he froze up and didnt know what to say. Great wrestler bad commentator!!

Tag team? nah thanks he's great as he is.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
The Dashing One does not need to be in a tag team right now

He needs to be chasing singles gold

Reactions: sean 590

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,629 Posts
Cody has been in tag teams too long, I want to see him get a singles push and I'm liking the dashing gimmick, and i want to see Del Rio main eventing.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Hardcore Holly
Ted Dibiase
Drew Mcyntire

he has stuckaround toolong in that dead Division.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts