Wrestling Forum banner

Add a serious prowrestling discussion thread

2463 Views 33 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Notorious
I am simply begging for the creation of a "serious pro-wrestling discussion thread" where swearing , trolling or simple arguments wouldn't be allowed. There is already too much bad publicity for pro-wrestling community and sorry but i can't stand so much childish internet behaviors. :no:

which means :
- no "WWE suxs"
- no "who is the greatest ?"
- no personnal attacks on posters
- no insults

but
- serious discussions
- researched and minded arguments
- reflexion about the future of the industry
- basically quality
- limited swearing

I know I am surely dreaming, but i hope to slow down the general decline of IWC (including this forum), especially in terms of civility and quality.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
3,749 Posts
The other pro wrestling section seems to be what your looking for .How evver companies like TNA and WWE arn't usually discussed.If your into the American Indys ,puro ,Lucha etc it's perfect for you.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The other pro wrestling section seems to be what your looking for .How evver companies like TNA and WWE arn't usually discussed.If your into the American Indys ,puro ,Lucha etc it's perfect for you.
There are serious WWE and TNA fans who are surely fed up too. That's why I ask a general serious pro-wrestling thread. I mean how would you like to seriously discuss about pro-wrestling without speaking about WWE which is a behemoth or about TNA ?

· Premium Member
39,025 Posts
Your intentions for this "thread" are what are already suppose to be the forum wide intentions, there's just too many idiots with computers now-a-days.

· Premium Member
86,252 Posts
Just put the people who you think are immature in discussion on ignore. You're always going to get cursing in threads though.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Your intentions for this "thread" are what are already suppose to be the forum wide intentions, there's just too many idiots with computers now-a-days.
Thus we have our own responsability about pro-wrestling fame around the world. Ignoring the problem by asking posters to use ignore doesn't help, you can't put almost everyone else on ignore. I am proud of the moderators who try to police the forum. But sadly by letting idiots pollulating, this forum doesn't help the reputation and image of pro-wrestling. If we are the biggest forum, we are automaticaly the most viewed around the world.

If you want pro-wrestling to continously look like a crap entertainement full of idiotic fans, do nothing. Please do something, massive ban or harder policies.

PS : I have nothing against limited cursing, i am not a puritan.

· Who speaks for Earth?
695 Posts
Thus we have our own responsability about pro-wrestling fame around the world. Ignoring the problem by asking posters to use ignore doesn't help, you can't put almost everyone else on ignore. I am proud of the moderators who try to police the forum. But sadly by letting idiots pollulating, this forum doesn't help the reputation and image of pro-wrestling. If we are the biggest forum, we are automaticaly the most viewed around the world.

If you want pro-wrestling to continously look like a crap entertainement full of idiotic fans, do nothing. Please do something, massive ban or harder policies.

PS : I have nothing against limited cursing, i am not a puritan.
Whilst your intentions are good, there are simply too many of the types of people you're trying to avoid.

"But sadly by letting idiots pollulating..." I don't think the moderators let forum members pollute the forum. It's your job as a forum member to report something a moderator may have missed... it's all well and good saying moderators don't do enough when (usually) the people complaining don't do anything to help the problem either.

Me personally I enjoy the mix of serious, humour and strange posts on this forum... if it were entirely serious I highly doubt this board would have as many regular visitors as it currently does. Making a section called "Serious discussion" is just asking for problems in my eyes.

But yes in theory this would be nice but in reality I doubt it'd go down too well. People simply need to report more (If a rule has been broken of course... not by the fact you don't think they're serious) and use the ignore button if someone persistently bothers you.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Whilst your intentions are good, there are simply too many of the types of people you're trying to avoid.

"But sadly by letting idiots pollulating..." I don't think the moderators let forum members pollute the forum. It's your job as a forum member to report something a moderator may have missed... it's all well and good saying moderators don't do enough when (usually) the people complaining don't do anything to help the problem either.

Me personally I enjoy the mix of serious, humour and strange posts on this forum... if it were entirely serious I highly doubt this board would have as many regular visitors as it currently does. Making a section called "Serious discussion" is just asking for problems in my eyes.

But yes in theory this would be nice but in reality I doubt it'd go down too well. People simply need to report more (If a rule has been broken of course... not by the fact you don't think they're serious) and use the ignore button if someone persistently bothers you.
Only this thread would be totally serious. Other threads would keep the mix of serious, humour and strange posts. So it won't change the popularity of the board. I just wish to let a slight possibility to have serious discussions and to save the image of pro-wrestling community and pro-wrestling.

Imagine you are interested by pro-wrestling and you arrive in this forum. You ask a question and suddently how do you feel when you are trolled, when you watch continously idiotic comments on idiotic comments and childish behaviors ?

Many old fans and new fans gradually lose confidence into pro-wrestling because of such IWC behaviors. They get ashamed by that and by the own love/faith of pro-wrestling. It's my case and i have watched it since WWF. Those lost fans simply quit pro-wrestling and call the new fans, idiots or worse.

The idea is to get a "sanctuary" for serious discussions and to let the readers choose what they prefer. You will see that this thread will be loved and really useful.

· Who speaks for Earth?
695 Posts
Well in all honesty if I was new to/interested in pro wrestling I'd learn the product before even going near a discussion board about it. Besides if they can register on a pro wrestling forum I assume they've registered on other forums in the past and saw trolling first hand... trolling/being an idiot is not a wrestling creation. I could go to a Baseball forum (I am clueless about that sport) and I'd expect a mix of serious, humour, idiot and kind posters because every community has that same format.

Basically this forum doesn't represent wrestling, just an example of an internet community who discusses pro wrestling.

Every interest has idiots involved in some form.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Basically this forum doesn't represent wrestling, just an example of an internet community who discusses pro wrestling.
Wrestling Forum is the community of choice for wrestling fans online. With over 190,000 members and over 8 million posts, Wrestling Forum is the largest professional wrestling forum community on the Internet.

It does represent it without wanting.

· Premium Member
39,025 Posts
Maybe the IWC is perceived the way it is because that is the way it is or the way is has become. It's hard to deny it at this site.

The things you want to outlaw aren't accepted anyway and the ones that do it throughout the forum will do it in this "thread" and will do it more so just for the "lulz". It will do more harm than good. Mods do the best they can and like it was said, when people are breaking rules simply report the posts and if we need to take action we do.

Yes, this site has over 190,000 members that have signed up in ITS HISTORY. We've never had anywhere close to that many active posters on this site. I don't know the numbers but it's obviously no where close to that.

· Premium Member
24,366 Posts
Complain if you want, but from experience you aren't going to find a much better wrestling forum on the internet. You can't just "ban all the idiots" becuase a good percentege of rassling fans have the same IQ as a peanut.

Besides the mods/admins usually do a good job of getting rid of most trolls besides perro eventually. Plus personal attacks/trolling in the wrestling sections will get you warned/infracted/banned/blocked from seeing the TNA section for a month. I know from experience. :side:

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Maybe the IWC is perceived the way it is because that is the way it is or the way is has become. It's hard to deny it at this site.

The things you want to outlaw aren't accepted anyway and the ones that do it throughout the forum will do it in this "thread" and will do it more so just for the "lulz". It will do more harm than good. Mods do the best they can and like it was said, when people are breaking rules simply report the posts and if we need to take action we do.

Yes, this site has over 190,000 members that have signed up in ITS HISTORY. We've never had anywhere close to that many active posters on this site. I don't know the numbers but it's obviously no where close to that.
I want to outlaw that in only one experimental thread not everywhere (everywhere is sadly a dream). Really i had already lost faith in the past because of them which is sad (i am more ashamed by them than PG rating). I believe i will simply quit this forum and let everything sink.

I am probably harsh but : Pro-wrestling won't probably survive its biggest cancer, a talkative stupid tiny part of IWC.

· Premium Member
39,025 Posts
i lose faith because of them and it's sad (i am more ashamed by them than PG rating). I believe i will simply quit this forum, pro-wrestling and let everything sink.

I am probably harsh but : Pro-wrestling won't survive its biggest cancer, a talkative stupid tiny part of IWC.
Are you suggesting a correlation between you not being a fan anymore and the wrestling industry sinking? Or? And beyond that you'll be the one letting it sink.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Are you suggesting a correlation between you not being a fan anymore and the wrestling industry sinking? Or? And beyond that you'll be the one letting it sink.
No I am suggesting two correlations :

- one between the declining (self) image of IWC community and the general image of pro-wrestling.
- and another one between the general image of pro-wrestling and the popularity decline of pro-wrestling.

By letting sink, I mean that I will let my faith sink. I am surely stupid to ask a serious thread, to wish to improve the product or trying to keep hope, so i give up.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
How is your "serious wrestling thread" on www.wrestlingforum.com going to improve the product? lol I don't see the connection.
By reflexive thinking, debates, spotting on the problems and hoping a future independent creative (or even Vince but it's a dream) will one day read them and think.

An by stopping this vicious circle :

declining (self) image of IWC community leads to low general image of pro-wrestling leads to popularity decline of pro-wrestling leads to ...

If fans are badly viewed or badly consider themselves you cannot make a product popular.

· Premium Member
39,025 Posts
No I am suggesting two correlations :

- one between the declining (self) image of IWC community and the general image of pro-wrestling.
- and another one between the general image of pro-wrestling and the popularity decline of pro-wrestling.

By letting sink, I mean that I will let my faith sink. I am surely stupid to ask a serious thread, to wish to improve the product or trying to keep hope, so i give up.
Your right in both accounts really but there is nothing we can do about either though. And certainly nothing a single thread will do about it, surely.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Your right in both accounts really but there is nothing we can do about either though. And certainly nothing a single thread will do about it, surely.
This forum policed in a slightly harsher manner can do everything. One only forum attracting serious and well-mannered fans can give faith in the IWC, attract new serious and well-thought fans who will help to regain a better image of IWC and thus slowly very slowly improve the popularity of pro-wrestling.

Read about the broken window theory in criminology and do it in reverse. This forum is the best for that because of its own name and google.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory

But i am perhaps clearly dreaming or putting too much faith in the fans and in this forum.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.