Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kurt Angle when stepped in WWE, was promoted as an American wrestler of high accolades (Olympic Gold medalist). Randy orton was talked of as a descendant of Bob Orton Jr. and many such examples. Even today the most successful segments are the ones featuring Brock Lesnar, knowing his NCAA and UFC accolades, I don't care how interesting the storyline is, I must watch. My question here, are we more interested in segments which have wrestlers with interesting back stories? Do wrestling promotions try to hook fans by providing a slice of wrestler's life?
If yes, should they not leverage this more often? Because whatever it is that biggest promotions like WWE are doing, clearly lucrative plots are not enough. What are your thoughts?

·
The Babyface of WF
10,496 Posts
Depends on if you can get people interested enough in a Superstar's background or whether there is anything noteworthy about them outside of wrestling, Most are just normal people who trained to wrestle besides MMA fighters and Powerlifters i don't think there is anybody on any roster that fans will care much about besides what they do and how they are presented in general.

About Orton it was his pedigree as a Third generation superstar and that he bleeds this business that was the hype surrounding him not the fact he was the second coming of Cowboy Bob Orton, They knew Randy was a prime candidate with the tools he possessed that Bob didn't really have himself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts