Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: PWInsider

Ring of Honor and booker Adam Pearce parted ways earlier today in what sources what told me was a decision made by ROH owner Cary Silkin. Pearce took over the book for the promotion in October 2008 after the departure of Gabe Sapolsky.

One source has told me that Delirious, with heavy input from Jim Cornette, will be handling the booking for the company going forward. I have not 100% confirmed that but it is making the rounds.

I have left word for both Cary Silkin and Adam Pearce and hope to get some sort of official comment from either when possible.
Well this is unexpected. I thought Pearce was starting to hit his stride lately.

Not sure how I feel about Delirious as the booker.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
This was unexpected. Pearce seems like a great guy, and he was definitely starting to hit his stride after a pretty bad first year.

Delirious as booker... I'm also not sure how I feel about that.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,965 Posts
WTF?!?

I had a daydream about this literally yesterday. I was thinking about who would replace Scrap Daddy if he ever left and thinking that the best solution would be to have Cornette booking but with a young guy alongside him. Like Delirious.

That is spooky. Why the fuck did I even think about it? Such a weird thing to even spend time thinking about.

Anyway, this is a real shock, Pearce has done really well this year. He has a great mind for wrestling and is very articulate too.

Another issue is - what happens to Pro Wrestling RESPECT now? A new head honcho? What about the school in general?

Its nice to see ROH promoting from within, again, nevertheless.

·
Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me
8,234 Posts
Weird. Like really weird.

It will be interesting to see what Delirious with Cornette can do, but I can't help but feel disappointed as Pearce had produced some great stuff this year.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,340 Posts
ROH's website was attacked a day or two ago and hasn't been working at all really. The forums there are back on line though.

Pretty surprised to hear this really. I have no idea what kind of wrestling mind Delirious has but it should be interesting to see how things turn out.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,965 Posts
Pro Wrestling RESPECT has turned out really well and I think Delirious has pretty much full creative control over it.

They've got a good little brand identity, that differs from ROH in that its aimed mostly at kids and has an emphasis on fun. The DVD covers look really striking and little ideas like the Elevation Lottery are nice. He also borrowed some things from MMA like allowing closed fist strikes and announcing the method of victory in the results etc.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Cant say ill miss Adam Pearce as booker. Hopefully Delirious and Cornette can come up with something good. ROH has been very "meh" for me since Jimmy Jacobs left.

on a side note, what happened with Larry Sweeney and is there any possibility of him coming back?

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Strange news but Delirious actually seems like a really cool guy with a good enough mind. I liked Pearce lately though, Cornette better be very hands on but not quite in charge.

Sweeney has shown his face lately and he's been seen with Cary Silkin so I hope he's coming back soon.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
If you had told me I wouldn't be ecstatic that Pearce was getting fired at the end of 09, I'd have called you crazy. Have no clue how Delirious will do as booker, hopefully it doesn't mean more of him in front of the camera.

BTW, last time Cary fired someone we got the Jerry Lynn era. Wonder who he wants to hold the title now?

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,965 Posts
The only person in ROH more entertaining on the mike than Sweeney is A-Double.
Sweeney is awesome, as is Julius Smokes but, including Aries, there are already four managers in ROH.

Anyway, random thought, is it completely impossible that Adam Pearce might have been picked up by TNA?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts