Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i've been reading the forums for a very long time. I usually don't post at all, but since i'm injured and i don't get to work neither i can move i decided to make this thread, because i've seen a lot of people bashing Edge, calling him "overrated" "undeserving" "being stuck in our throats", i decided that the Edge discreditation is too much around here.

The guy broke his neck, came back, tore his groin, came back, broke his hand and continued to wrestle. Then he proceed to evolve his character from being one of the most cheered faces as blonde bleached face..

to one of the most booed heels as a psychopath who would do anything to win the World Heavyweight Championship..

to a real life relationship breaker, having Lita by his side and holding briefcase with a world title contract in his hand..

to the most watched WWE Champion as the Rated R Superstar, debuting the cash in and shocking the whole world.

In the span of TWO years, he went from the most likeable face to the most hated heel. I think a lot of people forgot, how hated and good he was as a heel, how enjoyable his segments were to watch. So this thread is in honor to one of THE BEST if not THE BEST heels of all time and one of the nicest and coolest dudes in real life - Mr. Adam Copeland a.k.a EDGE!

Nobody on the current roster comes close to being as entertaining as Edge was on the mic. Despite being a heel, he kept his coolness in his attitude and look. Nobody ever comes close.

Enjoy..

- "Dumbass, what the hell you think you're doing?!" LOL

I've linked you videos up until 2007, because we all know that WWE went PG after 2008 and i believe that Edge toned down his character verbally at least, not like he wasn't handing chair shots here and there up until 2009.

As I said, I made this thread, because of the high amount of posts claiming that Edge was "overrated", when he was one of, if not the best heels ever.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Re: Adam Copeland *EDGE* Appreciation thread.

I don't see many people shit on Edge. Sure a couple but there are always going to be a few that don't appreciate wrestlers the way that you do. I love(d) Edge. My wife had the hugest crush on him in the late 00's :D. I still go back and watch some of his famous matches (TLC 2, vs. Mick, vs. Take, etc, etc.) and he's not even one of my favorites but he was great.

Reactions: IpostHIGH

·
Registered
6,115 Posts

talented, sure very talented indeed
too many unneeded world title reigns, when i think of the phrase transitional champion edge springs to mind

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

talented, sure very talented indeed
too many unneeded world title reigns, when i think of the phrase transitional champion edge springs to mind
I still think the reason why is, because there were not enough heels who were already stars, good enough or trusted. From 2006 up until 2009, the top trusted heels, who were considered being able to get the job done were Edge and Randy Orton and that's why i believe both of them had so many "transitional" title reigns.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
I still think the reason why is, because there were not enough heels who were already stars, good enough or trusted. From 2006 up until 2009, the top trusted heels, who were considered being able to get the job done were Edge and Randy Orton and that's why i believe both of them had so many "transitional" title reigns.
it was a shame, they could have made umaga with a win over cena or kennedy with a win over batista. simply refused to pull the trigger

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For those who enjoyed the first post, here's more videos for you. Enjoy!

·
FOTC
10,809 Posts
No one had more passion for the wrestling business than Adam Copeland. On top of that his story is very inspirational. No one thought he could become a main event guy. He had people trying to bring him down. His personal life almost doomed him. All that going against him and he found his way to the Hall of Fame.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Can't wait to get to the rise of Edge era. I barely started 1998 on the network and the brood hasn't even debuted yet lol it's gonna be a while.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Overrated. Midcarder who they shoved in the main events and he always looked out of place there. Always needed others to make him better. Was never the best guy in any feud he was in.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Simply my favorite wrestler ever.

The one I've always connected the most with and the one that always entertained me the most, no question.

I was in pure shock when he announced his retirement on RAW and I cried like a f'ing baby with that tribute on Smackdown.

The way he was able to morph his character from the goofball heel to the lovable face to the most hated heel in the business... simply amazing.

And then I loved his face run in the end of his career, I could cheer him without restraint lol

To me Shawn Michaels is the greatest of all time, but in my favorite's list the Rated R Superstar stands at the N1 spot.

Edgehead for life.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
I like the "never gonna stop" edge era. I kind of went off him abit after 2006.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
12,138 Posts
Edge's Edgeheads Thread

List of Accolades:

- 4-time WWE Champion
- 7-time World Heavyweight Champion
- WCW United States Champion
- 5-time Intercontinental Champion
- 14-time Tag Team Champion
- 2001 King of the Ring Winner
- 2005 Money in the Bank Winner
- 2010 Royal Rumble Winner
- Member of the 2012 Hall of Fame Class
- Holds the record for holding the MITB contract the longest

Alright, my fellow Edgeheads, here is the official discussion thread about the Rated R Superstar; EDGE!! :mark:

Feel free to share your thoughts about Edge to this section. Don't be afraid to keep this thread rated R ;)

·
It me.
13,505 Posts
Re: The Edge Fan Thread

This gimmick got stale for me after a while, but he was such a great heel and a fucking amazing entrance. :becky

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Re: The Edge Fan Thread

Reactions: DammitChrist
1 - 20 of 58 Posts