Wrestling Forum banner

Adam Cole And Shayna Baszler To The Main Roster?

2597 33
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/06/adam-cole-and-shayna-baszler-to-the-main-roster-654798/

Boy, Triple H can't even catch a freaking break with this main stars that just got built for main event status in NXT. :lmao
- There continues to be talk of WWE NXT Champion Adam Cole and NXT Women's Champion Shayna Baszler coming to the main roster, according to Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio. There's no word yet on when the call-ups might happen, but Meltzer noted that Baszler is "supposed to be geared" for a call-up and has everything they're looking for, from her age to her look and her aura. Cole won the title from Johnny Gargano at Saturday's NXT "Takeover: XXV" event, while Baszler retained her title over Io Shirai.
Reactions: LIL' WINNING FOOT
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
29,994 Posts
Cole's not going anywhere until Mania time next year, guaranteed.

I feel like Shayna's been "ear marked" forever. I think she's a great talent as a heel, but it's clear they've run out of ideas for her. Or, better way to put, run out of ideas for her cronies.

I don't see her going anywhere until Summerslam weekend.

· Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
6,519 Posts
"The NXT champions will get called up but I don't know when" is not news. Before I criticize Melzter though, I'd like to see the actual quote in context. More often than these sites spin the quotes for clicks. Wouldn't be surprised when I hear the radio later he's saying something in passing or just responding to Alvarez.

· Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
Soul
33,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vince actively tries to fuck NXT up, I'm near sure of it. Look at all the guys he's called up just to either bury or make 50/50 guys. Ricochet, Black, EC3, Kairi, Heavy Machinary were all called up without a plan. Probably more that slipped my mind.
Yup and Dave pretty much got it right when he predicted and stated when EC3, Black, Kairi, Andrade, Drew, The Four Horsewoman, Finn and Asuka got called right.

I wouldn't be shocked if Adam Cole does get called up. It wouldn't be the first time Vince had Champions called up like when Seth Rollins, Big E and Ciampa got called up when they were NXT Champions.

· Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
Soul
33,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can see them calling up Shayna without her putting anyone over and just relinquishing the belt it would be bad but anything that gets her away from NXT I can deal with.
Poor NXT Woman's rosters that will end up like geeks like the woman did in 2017 when Asuka surrendered the belt due to injury and now Shayna might do the same thing. Poor IO. :no:
@birthday_massacre ; they could refuse to get called up but then they will get heat with Vince and Dunn. Then Triple H would take the brunt of the heat as well. So it's a no win situation.

· TONI POR TODO!
4,679 Posts
In a normal world it would be Cole to the main roster to be king... And Shayna to job for being a witch.
But in this feminist SJW world of this decade, it will be the opposite.:shrug

· Registered
8,969 Posts
It's Triple H's own fault for REFUSING to let Shayna's reign of terror end despite multiple occasions where it would have made sense to do so, including on Saturday. I do feel like losing Cole would be a raw deal though.

Also with Shayna, I'm conflicted. On the one hand, it feels like they've run out of ideas for her in NXT. It's not her fault, she's talented and plays her part well. But even by WWE standards her booking is repetitive as fuck. Every feud is the same, every title match is the same. The match with Io was "every Shayna title match ever" and the finish was "ever Shayna match finish ever" and wow is it boring at this point. Again not her fault, she CAN do other stuff, I've seen her do it, they just won't let her.

So she needs a change of scenery and, unless Sasha comes back, Raw needs a top heel for their division. On the other hand, if she leaves NXT without putting anyone else over first, that'd be the worst possible outcome. She NEEDS to lose that belt first, no vacating it this time, not after she's plowed through most of the division already.

· Registered
1,184 Posts
I cant wait for SummerSlam, to potentially see matches like Brock Party and the Fundertaker vs GOALSberg and THE BEST IN THE WORLD Shane McMahon and the first ever 'Free from Catering, 100 Man Battle Royal'.

· Marking for The Boss and The Queen
7,636 Posts
Poor NXT Woman's rosters that will end up like geeks like the woman did in 2017 when Asuka surrendered the belt due to injury and now Shayna might do the same thing. Poor IO. :no:

@birthday_massacre ; they could refuse to get called up but then they will get heat with Vince and Dunn. Then Triple H would take the brunt of the heat as well. So it's a no win situation.
Yeah it's absolutely terrible but whatever gets Shayna the fuck away from NXT is still a win for me.

The NXT division now is deeper then when Asuka left so It shouldn't be a big problem rebuilding with names Like Io Candice Mia Bianca and a Returning Dakota.

· Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,680 Posts
Vince actively tries to fuck NXT up, I'm near sure of it. Look at all the guys he's called up just to either bury or make 50/50 guys. Ricochet, Black, EC3, Kairi, Heavy Machinary were all called up without a plan. Probably more that slipped my mind.
It's sooo fucked up what they did to my boy EC3. Seriously everyone on that list is good but EC3 was their Cena in waiting. This company has no future

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.