Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
WEF's #1 Oz Mark
11,119 Posts
Well, they're both black and... Wrestlers and... They can talk...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Well I can certainly see similarities between him and the Rock. Certainly he is one of the most charismatic superstars I've seen recently; definitely one of the most promising in FCW at the moment. I wouldn't call him up just yet though as he is a little green in terms of in-ring skills; he needs a little more practice and training. However, I did like the "in your face" routine. Definitely reminds me of the five-knuckle shuffle, and would be a great way of getting the crowd involved. However, his finisher is really weak, so I would suggest that needs altering.

(By the way, I noticed how Bo Rotundo and Jinder Mahal botched an over-the-top-rope clothesline. Neither of them have ever impressed me :-( ).

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
No, just because he has the same skin tone and can talk relatively well doesn't mean he's the next rock. he's also very very annoying to listen to and watch.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
his look is somewhat similar to rocky, the way he moves reminds me of the rock...and the guy has ALOT of charisma...i can't believe this is the same Abraham washington i witnessed on ECW...now i'm not gonna say he is the next rock just yet, but this guy certainly has the tools to make it far. He's still slightly green, but that is something that can definitely improve for anyone

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
no one will be the new rock, he will be Abraham washington, not the rock

he could have similar talents though.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I totally get the comparison because it occured to me when I was watching the past couple of FCW shows. He won't be the new Rock though, it's more a case of him having studied the gimmick and picking up a few mannerisms, not unlike Eric Young's mild Austin impression when he was leading World Elite.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
So because he can cut a decent promo at times and is black he's automatically the next Rock? Right.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
Washington is better on the mic than The Rock, so I think the comparisons have to stop right there.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
In my opinion there's no such thing as "new The Rock", "New Bret Hart", " New Steve Austin".....
Everyone is unique and irreplaceble.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Every light skin black wrestler will get compared to The Rock if he doesn't act like JTG or sound like R-Truth (who isn't bad on the mic, just the way he talks).

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
get this man on tv. he does look a bit similar. so i recon he should have a more unique attire so he doesnt look like rock..

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
If he's going to go anywhere he should change his name.

"And your NEW WWE Champion...Abraham Washington" just doesn't sound plausible.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts