Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Steam is just a platform really. It's easy to navigate in general, the friends list and messaging features are easy to use also. The store is again easy to navigate, just make sure to check regularly for the deals every day.I actually have all of my games going through my Steam library just because it's much easier to keep track (plus you can enter the Steam launcher even while in non-Steam games if you've added them to the library with Shift + Tab.)

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
People have hated on it for years but I for one think it's a great platform

Superb deals
Good community features
Decent navigation
Achievement system is barebones but a nice extra (IMO)
Auto-patching for games saves you a hell of a lot of time
Download speeds for the most part are great

Some of the menus can be a pain but that's just me, everytime I load FM I have to alt shift twice to get off the steam menus around the outside (I'm sure there is a simple way to stop this I've just never looked)

·
The One Free Man
7,331 Posts
People hate Steam, the fuck?!

I've been using Steam for a few months now. Got an awesome PC back in June time and it's brilliant. It's easy to communicate with friends, has great deals and keeps all your games in a neat Library. Also has easy to navigate menus. Very much recommend it.

·
22,784 Posts
I only just got Steam during the Summer Sale. Ended up buying 30 games. Its awesome. Only thing I don't like about it is having to download the games rather than installing them from a disc :p. Some games these days are like, 25GB, which takes me around 24 full hours to download lol. But once you've downloaded it you can back it up and burn it to discs and shit yourself just in case something should happen you your PC and you lose everything :p.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
actually you don't lose nothing with steam

they got the "steam cloud" it saves your game files in a server so you can re-download them on any other computer you log into

and even if you lose the data from a game on a disc, you can always re-download the games, once you buy them, they're yours forever

ps. my steam ID is Roler42

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Thankfully I've got a beefy 50MB fibre optic line, so generally it's actually quicker downloading from Steam than installing from a DVD. If anyone wants to add me - peterpevis is my account name.

And no that is not my real name.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Add some funds to your Steam Wallet, there's always good deals on mid-week and weekends.

Also, Team Fortress 2.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts