Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Dirtsheets are bullshit in general. People take educated guesses, sometimes they're right sometimes they aren't. It's nonsense, the fact that people have yet to realize this is amazing to me.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I believe that was the original plan but they got so much heat for literally handing over a guy who just came back the most important title in the company that they were forced to change plans, it worked out for everyone in the end so who cares at this point.
I think it was the original plan. The easy thing for Batista to do was play the company man and not stand in the way of any changes shifting to Bryan. I can't imagine Batista wanting the title under the circumstances and Vince probably did not want to piss off the fans at WM and showing that if you don't have the Network you missed something.

Batista may get the title before he leaves and I'm sure is less concerned with that than the money he's getting. Having him get the title around the time his movie comes out may be smarter since it may have him tied up making the sequels and doing other roles, if he is in a major blockbuster movie he's going to get more offers.

If WWE films is ever going to do a big movie having a guy from a franchise film on the company payroll is a plus.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I don't get how that wasn't the plan but it changed.

·
Registered
21,605 Posts
I never paid any attention to this rumour. It was mostly spouted by people who were trying to prove how much they know...after reading it on the dirt sheets. Unsubstantiated claims, echoed by the voices of little men, trying to be smart.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
At first I was mad that he came back and got a Rumble win and main event spot at WM but than I see how childish and corny Bryan's main event run is turning out that I wish it was written in contract for him to win the belt at Mania.

Batista brings back so much needed edginess in the product. Hopefully he wins the belt soon and ends Bryan painful main event run.

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Honestly no one knows if it's bullshit.... Batista could have had it in his contract for a title win at WM. But with Bryan being so over maybe the WWE asked him to rework his contract and give him the belt later down the line. I would guarantee he'll be the champion before his movie comes out.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
Are we just letting that go? I don't think I've ever seen people run with an unverified dirt sheet report to the level people did with this one. I think those who know they're guilty of repeating that bullshit should snitch on themselves and apologize.
If Batista came back to Rock like ovations like the WWE thought was going to happen, I bet Batista would have won at WM. Why would a guy come back, win the RR only to not win the WM match for the title?

The reason it happened in this case is because Batista was a huge flop and DB is the most over guy in the company

You honest don't believe at the RR the plan was always to have DB win the title at WM do you?>

·
Banned
3,871 Posts
Maybe that was the plan but they changed it? We'll never know and thats why I usually dont care about dirtsheets.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,147 Posts
I'm glad that the rumors were out there. It made the main event at Wrestlemania a lot more exciting having that thought in the back of my mind. I was worried the entire time that Batista was going to win the title and I freaked out when it looked like he was going to win after Bryan hit Orton with the running knee and Batista threw Bryan out of the ring and made the cover. Without the contract rumor it would have seemed really obvious that Bryan was going to win. I mean you had a face getting screwed over time and time again and Lesnar just ended the streak and people were already unhappy. You don't end Wrestlemania with 2 heels going over when the heels are heels that the fans really didn't want to win.

But those contract rumors were enough to have me really nervous during that match. I was always worried that Bryan wasn't going to be able to pull it off.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
Oh I'm sure that it was WWE's idea or plan for WM, back in December. But the idea that they "promise" titles or put it in contracts, is laughable. No one ever tells WWE that they "must" give them a title, not when the title belongs to the WWE. If the WWE thinks it's the way to go, then they'll go. Otherwise, plans are never set in stone.
What's more, whenever anyone repeated this "Batista has it in his contract!" line, they would always be silent when asked for a source. Of course they did, because not a single dirtsheet or insider ever said anything of the sort.

In fact the only time I saw this mentioned was when someone directly asked PWInsider in their Q&A if WWE had promised Batista the title at WM, and of course, they responded that the idea is ludicrous, and the WWE do not "promise" title to ANYONE.

·
From parts unknown
23,178 Posts
Are we just letting that go? I don't think I've ever seen people run with an unverified dirt sheet report to the level people did with this one. I think those who know they're guilty of repeating that bullshit should snitch on themselves and apologize.
How do you know that it wasn't bullshit and that they found a way out of the contract ?

Not all contracts are followed 100% and not all workers are assholes that if asked wouldn't re-do their terms in light of what's good for overall business.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts