Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the September 15th edition of TNA Impact there were a submission match between Samoa Joe and Matt Morgan. First it was advatised as a submission match, but sexy Christy Hemme announced it as a match scheduled for one fall. Then during the match the referee counted towards five whenever a wrestler grabbed the ropes. And at the end sexy Christy Hemme announced the match ended in a submission.

My questions are:
1. Why say a match for one fall if the match is a submission match?

2. Why did the referee count towards five when wrestlers grabbed the ropes? What could he have done if they refused to let go of the holes?

3. Why announce the match ended via submission? It would be like a last man standing match and then you announce due to the wrestler unable to get up before the count of ten then the winner is...

4. What do you think about Samoa Joe? I mean he is supposed to be on his nation of violence. So isn't he the most violent man you have ever seen? I mean, he nodded his head during exit after the match. Then I went "oh my! I have never seen anything more violent". So what I am saying is TNA is forcing me to think that every little move Samoa Joe is doing is violent, because of his Nation of Violence.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
The answer: RUSSO

Edit: even though it's a submission match, it's not a No DQ, therefore rope breaks are on.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
1. Christy always fucks up.

You can have rope breaks in a submission match.

3. Christy always fucks up.

4. You haven't watch TNA in a long time...

5. Stone Cold and The Rock had a great NO DQ wrestlemania match with rope breaks.

·
Administrator
33,687 Posts
1. They announce it as a one fall match because it is a one fall match

2. Just because it's a submission doesn't mean it's no DQ

3. Because it ended in a submission rather than DQ, countout etc

All common sense if you think about it.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
A submission match! a match where you win by submission!

am i the only one who exploded with laughter upon hearing taz saying this???

i mean seriously... it was just so stupid... :lmao

come on guys... let's see if we can put in this threads all the times taz gave a stupid quote like this or just messed up (considering how awful he's been on commentary)

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
hemme fucked up as usual, that's all

as others said

there are rope breaks

it ended on submission so it was announced like that (DUH!)

christy hemme is a dumbass announcer... no offense to her

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How can it be a disqualification-in-effect if the match is a submission match? I mean, how come NO match EVER has ended in a disqualification when it was a submission match? Then, why has Stone Cold flipped the bird to the referee when he was in a submission match with Bret Hart at WrestleMania 13? The referee did nothing and Jim Ross yelled something like of course the referee can't do nothing when it is a submission match. I mean, why are so many matches then contested under different rules when it is the same kind of match. Most of the times the referee does nothing about the rope break when the match is a submission match.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Stone Cold and The Rock had a great NO DQ wrestlemania match with rope breaks.
Now when you mentioned it... I never understood that. Why the fuck do they put rope breaks in gimmick matches (No DQ, Cage, Last Man Standing, Street Fight, etc.)? It just doesn't make any sense. I mean, what can ref do? Disqualify you?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Was the ref Brian Hebner? He tends to forget that it's a submission match. Remember that time at Lockdown 2011? Yeah...

And as we know, Christy Hemme sucks and is overpaid, shouldn't be around, etc...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Re: A submission match! a match where you win by submission!

Taz should have pointed out also that the move
of Joe should be renamed from "Heel hook" to
"Face hook" cause Morgan, whom he was submitting,
was working face : /

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
Does "one fall" necessarily have to mean a pinfall or does it simply mean a victory? I assumed it was a throwback to the days when wrestling matches were round based and the number of rounds required specification.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts

Taz has to be one of the worst Announcers of all time. He cant complete one single sentence. No joke seriously i would rather Big Pappa pump on the table then Taz.At least all the stupid shit Scott says is funny. Taz just sounds stupid period.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts

That is the part I like the most.
When Taz fucks up and mike tenay tries to save it by saying something even worse.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Now when you mentioned it... I never understood that. Why the fuck do they put rope breaks in gimmick matches (No DQ, Cage, Last Man Standing, Street Fight, etc.)? It just doesn't make any sense. I mean, what can ref do? Disqualify you?
When you think about it too much everything falls part.
Why not bring a machine gun to a hardcore match? Anything goes.

·
Sorry bout your damn luck
3,483 Posts

Imagine a commentary table setup with Taz, Cole and Booker T. Now that would be a laugh-riot.

Taz and Booker alone are so horrible that it's hilarious.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have also thought about the anything goes-matches. Here my thoughts were amoungst others, why not bring a chainsaw or some kind of firearms. But then again, that would be to take a scripted match too far. But now I am at these thoughts, don't tyou guys get offended too every time Abyss had the chance to finish someone off with his barbed wire-board Jannice and he never did? I mean, why tease us doing something if they never ever do them for real?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts