Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About this one, can you tell when is this song played and what episode? I been looking for segments like this one from every episode and i can't seem to find one. Anyone had any ideas?

·
Hot Dreams!
4,098 Posts
About this one, can you tell when is this song played and what episode? I been looking for segments like this one from every episode and i can't seem to find one. Anyone had any ideas?

I believe that this was played on the episode of RAW in the Hammerstein Ballroom the night ECW invaded and the Road Warriors made their return.

·
Hot Dreams!
4,098 Posts
No, I don't think so. This video package was a result of his absense following his smile loss, so having it the same night would be weird.

Obviously this package aired a few times, you can tell that this particular vid was ripped from ''WWF action zone'', however, I recall seing that for the first time on the aforementioned RAW. It was a RAW just a few weeks prior to Wrestlemania 13.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Tell Me a Lie first aired on December 18, 1995, after he had been taken out of action by Owen Hart on November 20.

HBK "lost his smile" on February 13, 1997.

ECW invaded Raw at the Manhattan Center on February 24, 1997.

·
Hot Dreams!
4,098 Posts
Tell Me a Lie first aired on December 18, 1995, after he had been taken out of action by Owen Hart on November 20.

HBK "lost his smile" on February 13, 1997.

ECW invaded Raw at the Manhattan Center on February 24, 1997.
You may be right, but they did air this on that night in 97 as well.

·
Premium Member
15,186 Posts
First time I recall this video is at the 1996 Slammy Awards and call me "weird" but as a kid, I was actually near tears watching this video.

I think the reason people say so much foul shit about HBK is because he was a total asshole but it's obvious that nice guys finish last. You either had to love him or hate him but you got to admit, the guy was damn good at what he did.

·
Hot Dreams!
4,098 Posts
First time I recall this video is at the 1996 Slammy Awards and call me "weird" but as a kid, I was actually near tears watching this video.

I think the reason people say so much foul shit about HBK is because he was a total asshole but it's obvious that nice guys finish last. You either had to love him or hate him but you got to admit, the guy was damn good at what he did.

I owned a Slammy on VHS back in the day (1997 I think it was). Todd Pettingill started the show with a super cheesy rendition of popular songs reworked with lyrics involving the wrestlers.

Golden times!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I owned a Slammy on VHS back in the day (1997 I think it was). Todd Pettingill started the show with a super cheesy rendition of popular songs reworked with lyrics involving the wrestlers.

Golden times!
Hooray for superstars,
With their big muscles and their fancy cars,
And here's a night we're gonna hand out Slammys,
It beats the Grammys.
We're live on USA!

He's the sexiest thing that ever stepped in the ring,
Shawn is.
With his earrings and hair and his thong underwear,
Shawn is.
Such a stud, such a hunk; I said "Hunk", not "Hulk",
Shawn is!

He's totally from Cally,
A condo in the valley,
He should be on Sally,
He's Goldust, totally!
He once rode into Fordham,
And said the boys adore him,
He's Goldust, totally!

He walks among the living though he really is quite dead,
And here's two words his manager Paul Bearer's never said, "I'm Full!"
When darkness falls and lightning flashes, oh, it's a total scare,
Better bring a fresh change of underwear
It's a nightmare when the purple hand of death reaches for your hair.

The Warrior is back,
Tell me when you blow your stack,
Hey Warrior! Hey Warrior!
You know I'm like your biggest fan,
But how much did it cost McMahon?
Hey Warrior! Hey Warrior!

Oh, Sunny, my dear,
Skip and Zip are here.
We can plainly see
Those are Double-D,
Sunny and her beasts.

Big Daddy don't need no friendship,
He don't need no one at all.
If you want Diesel to respect you
Go buy a black glove at the mall!

Yokozuna, Yokozuna,
He's the federation's big kahuna.
Never missed a dinner,
He's the Nathan's hot dog eating winner.

Here's the story
Of a man named Bret Hart.
He's the only man brave enough to wear pink.
He's been in something like five million matches;
I got that from the Fink!

Ahmed Johnson, Jake the snake,
Horowitz - you take the cake!
Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Savio-
You shake and bake!
Backlund crawling on his knees,
Duke is pumping out the fleas,
Jerry Lawler just came down with Mad Cow Disease!

Well, this is a tale about Camp Cornette, the polyester king,
With Owen, Vader, and the Dog, it's a not-so-nice'a'thing.
They screamed, they yelled in Los Angeles; I heard 'em from afar,
'Cause Cornette would only rent a midsize rent-a-car.

We love the superstars,
WWF superstars,
So, come on let's start the show and fire up the burner,
Screw you Ted Turner!
It's time to start the show!
The Slammy Show!

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Smoky Mountain Wrestling did tribute packages fro HBK & Undertaker but I haven't seen those since they aired if someone knows where they are can you post them for me?

On topic:
The "tell me a lie" video package was brilliant, it put his feud w/ Owen on another level (they had an awesome match at the Feb. In Your House PPV).
It did its job.

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
It first aired in late 1995, I remember it airing on many of the WWE shows at that time.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Greatest WWE Song ever produced. After I die I want it to play on my funeral.

·
Hot Dreams!
4,098 Posts
Fun fact: Fonda Feingold, the woman singing ''tell me a lie'' is the same person that sung Chyna's entrance theme ''who am I''.

Correction. She sung Sunny's entrance theme but was featured on Chyna's.. according to discogs.com

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
It aired a short while after Owen Hart had kayfabe knocked Shawn Michaels out in their match in late 1995 which was a play on Shawn Michaels being attacked in Syracuse and him suffering kayfabe career ending injuries. WWE teased he would have to retire and did the Tell Me A Lie video to help Shawn Michaels get the sympathetic fan reaction for his run in through The Royal Rumble and heading into WrestleMania 12 as Vince McMahon had began to push Shawn Michaels as his top star.

Bret Hart spoke of this in their dvd as he knew he was basically being used as a transitional WWE champion and that it didn't matter what he did in regards of great feuds or matches he knew Shawn Michaels was already in place as the top guy in the eyes of Vince McMahon. The one that people have seen on Youtube that shows clips from the Thursday Raw special in which Shawn Michaels gave up the WWE title because of a knee injury was a fake as far as i'm aware because i don't remember it being shown around that time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts