Wrestling Forum banner

About Kofi's injury (I suppose its a spoiler if you don't watch Raw)

2693 Views 21 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  new_guy
Well, seeing as how Kofi was wearing a bandage around his arm and Del Rio essentially attacked this same arm and reapplied the cross arm breaker and such, does this mean he will be going on the shelf for a little bit? (I know he's probably not injured for real, he might have some other minor injury or none at all)

If he does, what happens to the IC title? Is it vacated? Who would you like to see win it if it is?

Any thoughts?

I personally can't see anyone else on SD with that title right now
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Banned
429 Posts
I really don't get why they did this tonight, I thought ADR would address Christian and I thought that Kofi vs. ADR was over, but I guess this was another move to put ADR over. Plus they could've easily done that to Christian and eliminate any possibility of a triple threat world title at Mania, but I guess they want to make Christian look strong.

· Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah this 'feud' with ADR will stem into nothing, ADR is challenging Edge for the world title, not Kofi for the IC one.
I know that, I was referring to the IC title and what happens to it. Kofi technically can still run around as champ, but his arm should be seriously injured kayfabe-wise and 4 days isn't enough to heal, not even minor injuries.

· Banned
4,476 Posts
If he's healed and defends the title within 30 days (or is it 60?) then he shouldn't have to vacate it.

· Registered
291 Posts
Reactions: L-U-D

· Registered
5,361 Posts
Kofi will probably be out for 2 weeks then forget about ADR injuring him and start a feud with some one else
Bingo, only I would guess he'll only be off this week's SD. He's too popular to be off the show for very long since there isn't a real strong face presence on SD right now.

The current IC title scene is exactly why it was stupid to put the belt on Kofi again. Rhodes is preoccupied with Mysterio, Swagger has fallen off the radar completely, Drew is doing his thing with Kelly, and guys like Reks and Hawkins are still non-factors. I wouldn't be surprised if Kofi is just in random tag matches until Mania.

· Registered
9,364 Posts
I really don't get why they did this tonight, I thought ADR would address Christian and I thought that Kofi vs. ADR was over, but I guess this was another move to put ADR over. Plus they could've easily done that to Christian and eliminate any possibility of a triple threat world title at Mania, but I guess they want to make Christian look strong.
THIS. WWE Creative better not fuck up this feud with Christian, Del Rio and Edge.

· Registered
3,506 Posts
Maybe its just me, but it looked like Kofi legitimately got hurt the second
time Del Rio rammed his arm around that turnbuckle post. It looked real, or Kofi
really sold his ass off lol.
people are really getting mixed up between selling injuries and real injuries these days, obviously it was not real, WWE would never let Del Rio push Kofi into the post if it was any danger for him.

· Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kofi looks like Garbage since his feud with ADR.
Well, its good that his stint with ADR is over at least. But it's sorta sad, it means they recognize that he is very much over and they're just overlooking him.

I think he should vacate it, unless WWE goes the usual standard route of having the midcard champion just hold his title and do nothing with it. I can't really imagine how they would have him competing with one hand and chances are if he shows up on SD this week he'll attack ADR again and this will just repeat itself.

But the problem is that he is the only face around that can hold that title unless they give it to Rey and he carries it into his feud with Cody, or they give it to Show. Or they could give it to a heel but then he wud have no one to defend it against

· Registered
6,114 Posts
It's a good way of getting Del Rio over as a legit threat and is also a way I think of possibly putting the title off of Kofi. With him in the MITB most likely, it would make sense for WWE to put it on someone else to make a Wrestlemania match better. If this happens, the title may go to Mysterio or Rhodes. Same match at Wrestlemania but I think the title could make it special particularly with their feud.

· Registered
5,733 Posts
Tournament for belt that swagger wins, barretta and masters have a reason to exist. drew is already stuck with edge, kofi needs a key to ME, ziggles is gone, cody is with rey, it could work.

· Registered
912 Posts
Hopefully it gives Kofi some promo time this week.

Also, if ADR manages to win the WHC in the near future, guess which up and coming face wrestler now has a great backstory with ADR and would be looking for revenge? ;)

· The Winds of Change
5,604 Posts
Vacate the belt and let Cody win it! Cody/Rey for the IC Belt at Wrestlemania...book it!
Do it. Kofi is just going to end up getting aimlessly tossed into MITB anyway whether he is carrying the belt or not. At least have the IC belt defended on the grandest stage of them all. I think it could bring back some prestige to the belt as well as add a nice element to the Rey/Cody feud.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.