Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Looks to me like the WWE have written him out of storylines long term by putting the belt back on Cena ... I'm guessing 6-8 months and then when he does come back he may not be the same wrestler he was in 2013. He may never reach those heights again.

I would book him as a talker more and a wrestler less. No more 100 matches a year ... That kind of schedule is ridiculous for a guy like Bryan whose wrestling style is to basically throw all caution to the wind.

Hate to say this, but he's a liability to himself at this point and he needs to change his in-ring style upon his return and not push himself so hard. I'm ok with him not putting on the most extreme super-fantastic matches anymore. His health comes first. End of story.
Chill out man.. I can show you many stellar matches that Bryan had in the past which his style is mat based only.. See this match. He only does one suicede dive and one missile drop kick.. Only the suicede dive served a purpose in the match...

Danielson has a hundrend other moves and sure he can change his moveset and still put a great match with anyone...
We making it a bigger deal than this is...

·
Registered
521 Posts
The optimist in me hopes he makes a full recovery and can return at some point. Realistically though once you start messing with your neck and spine things just change and almost never for the better. We could be looking at another Edge type situation, wouldn't surprise me in the least.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
I mean if he is saying he hasn't regained some feeling in his arm then I don't know the chances of another surgery suddenly fixing everything.
Of course, nobody.. including him.. ever said that. Only *you* said that.

If he hadn't regained feeling in his arm, he'd never have been able to lift it above his head at the pre-show for MITB.

What he said was that he hasn't regained the STRENGTH in his arm. Strength != Feeling. And he needs to be able to lift heavy stuff.. like other wrestlers, the ring steps, etc.. in order to be able to effectively perform.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Even though his marks are really annoying & insufferable, I really really like his ring work & I hope he returns to full health very soon, it would be a shame for a guy as talented as him to have his career end this early, especially so soon after becoming one of the top guys.

The one adjustment I would like him to make is to his character, we don't need another smiley Cena, let him have some edge to his character.

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Nah knowing WWE they'll stick him with weak ass Kane for 5 months
Possibly, but regardless of this there is still so many angles and talents he could potentially work with, whether he does or not is two different things lol

·
3,879 Posts
He should bring back this move:
9:55
This move is just so sick.

Suplex then legdrop or something like that instead of diving headbutt.

The dude have 115 freaking moves and he uses like 20. He can easily replace every single move and be as awesome as before or even better than before

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Bryan can easily change his style and be as awesome as before or even better than before.
He should bring back this move:
9:55
This move is just so sick.

Suplex then legdrop or something like that instead of diving headbutt.

The dude have 115 freaking moves and he uses like 20. He can easily replace every single move and be as awesome as before or even better than before
Absolutely, I have no doubt about that either!

·
Attending Chris Jericho's Rager with Scott Steiner
6,418 Posts
For lack of better wording, Daniel Bryan is the "best" person to get injured like this. He has shown that he can adapt to limitations and still be entertaining.

·
Banned
1,975 Posts
For lack of better wording, Daniel Bryan is the "best" person to get injured like this. He has shown that he can adapt to limitations and still be entertaining.
But he sucked and didn't get over with the "boring" and virgin gimmicks...

·
Banned
5,106 Posts

·
The Blue Meanie
15,838 Posts
Bryan will have to adapt to a new style of wrestling. He usually leaves everything in the ring, but his health has to come first. I don't want his career prematurely shortened. I would save the head butts and things of that nature for a Wrestlemania if his body can allow it.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Those gifs you posted are way more entertaining move sets than the stuff he does now/did right before surgery, IMO.
And that's why his fans say that he is the best wrestler in the WWE .. They limited his moveset so much and still he can put a hell of a match with anyone...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Still the most over wrestler on the roster so its a fine tradeoff.
But they said that Bryan lost steam and he was cooling down.. In MITB for example he only got the pop of the night.. :lmao

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
But they said that Bryan lost steam and he was cooling down.. In MITB for example he only got the pop of the night.. :lmao
He got a huge pop!!!! Don't know if I'd say it was the pop of the night but he definitely got a big pop, without a doubt!

41 - 59 of 59 Posts