Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ok, I just wanted to start this thread because the other Daniel Bryan thread here about how would you handle his comeback had me thinking .... how do you guys feel in regards to this in all honesty because as many of you know here, when it comes to having a neck injury it can be very serious and he's already been asked to tone down his wrestling style when he returns, this was before he announced he's to have more surgery on his neck.

We know what it did to Stone Cold and of course Edge in the long run with early retirements (which I REALLY hope this doesn't happen to Daniel Bryan because like Edge, the guy is truly passionate about what he does and I would really love for his happiness to continue) ... but lets be honest here, the guy is having neck problems and when he comes back to work the ring, all it takes is one wrong fall and that's it ... it can be quite risky, which is probably why the WWE have said that when he does return he's to tone down his wrestling style.

So what are your thoughts in regards to this? Do you often worry about the long term of this neck injury or are you just looking forward to his return, I'm not knocking anyone being enthusiastic about his return (not at all!) ... but I think you do have to think about things here a little because this is a neck injury we're talking about and the guy already has to go back for more surgery.

Personally, I REALLY hope that he's able to return to the ring and that the neck injury isn't anything too serious or long term, Daniel Bryan is the LAST person to deserve this (in my eye's) ... but we know what neck injury's are like .... so I think this is something we need to consider.

Thoughts?​

·
None but ourselves
3,430 Posts
I'm concerned for his physical condition both now and in his future. The part of his spinal cord that was operated on is the single last thing to fuck with, it's the most dangerous area to injure and we just have to hope it's on the more pleasant end of the 'spinal cord injuries' scale.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm concerned for his physical condition both now and in his future. The part of his spinal cord that was operated on is the single last thing to fuck with, it's the most dangerous area to injure and we just have to hope it's on the more pleasant end of the 'spinal cord injuries' scale.
Exactly, this was my thoughts, again, I'm not knocking anyone on this forum at all (I'd never do that!) ... but I do feel that people are jumping the gun a little talking about him being back and all that (which is great!) but they're not considering what this actually really is ... it's a very serious injury that's prone to go at any time, depending on how he is after the surgery but even then I'm sure it's still something to be concerned about.

I mean, everyone knows how dangerous spinal and neck injury's are anyway, I don't need to explain this ... but it's a bit like when a knee pops, it's prone to go at any point ... and specially with the neck, the risks are much higher which does concern me, the WWE obviously know this because before they even knew he had to go for more surgery, they were already advising Daniel that when he returns he has to tone down his wrestling style.

I just feel that people need to consider this a little before jumping the gun in regards to his comeback, again, this is a neck/spinal injury ... it's not something that can be taken lightly and it does upset me that it's happened to Bryan simply because I know how passionate he is, look at what he did when his dad passed recently, he made sure he still appeared for the fans at the show before leaving with Brie and I know how upset he was not being able to come over for the UK tour recently due to this.

I dunno, I just feel that it's something that people need to consider a little bit more than they currently are doing, which is what I feel whenever I read these threads on here in regards to Daniel Bryan and his return ... one step at a time kinda thing and it is something that I do feel needs to be considered, which I'm not sure people are overly realising sometimes (understandably!).

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on guys, I would love to hear more vibes on this, I thought this would have made a good discussion :)

·
Banned
1,975 Posts
His health is most important, and I've been wanting him to tone down some of the bullshit for years. He's so good with mannerisms, selling, facial expressions, in-ring acting, pacing, and building drama that he doesn't need to do fucking dives in every match. The diving headbutt doesn't make his matches any better whatsoever. That first match years ago against KENTA that everyone loved? It was not any better for KENTA giving him a belly-to-belly on the floor. He can modify the tope for gear-shifting into a vicious baseball slide to make the transition safer both for him and his peers.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
i would love for him to return but after all hes been through the last few months, i relaly dont need him to be crippled in his 40s+ trying to put on a amazing match for me,id rather he retire and be well

·
In the bleak midwinter ....
1,927 Posts
He'll need to adapt his moveset, no headbutts or suicide dives - if it led to Benoit-like (minus the headbutt ofc) moveset, id be fine with that.

I cant help but get the feeling however that it will be very, very tough for him to regain his position on the card, short of Vince dropping dead

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts
I mean if he is saying he hasn't regained some feeling in his arm then I don't know the chances of another surgery suddenly fixing everything.

I could see Bryan retiring..

His outlook on life seems to be positive,start a family,move to Washington and live healthy.

I'm just saying though if he has to get another surgery for them to fix something,yall think a doctor would clear him?

:floyd1

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
His health is most important, and I've been wanting him to tone down some of the bullshit for years. He's so good with mannerisms, selling, facial expressions, in-ring acting, pacing, and building drama that he doesn't need to do fucking dives in every match. The diving headbutt doesn't make his matches any better whatsoever. That first match years ago against KENTA that everyone loved? It was not any better for KENTA giving him a belly-to-belly on the floor. He can modify the tope for gear-shifting into a vicious baseball slide to make the transition safer both for him and his peers.
Yeah I agree, where as it's great at the time seeing Bryan doing all these things ... is it worth it in the long run? ... I'm not sure it is, well I'd say absolutely not to be honest, he can still put on a great match regardless of these things, the way he dives out of the ring and hits the barriers he doesn't do in halves ... but he can wrestle fantastic matches regardless and have a long career ahead of him, which I think is important to him also.

i would love for him to return but after all hes been through the last few months, i relaly dont need him to be crippled in his 40s+ trying to put on a amazing match for me,id rather he retire and be well
Exactly! :)

He'll need to adapt his moveset, no headbutts or suicide dives - if it led to Benoit-like (minus the headbutt ofc) moveset, id be fine with that.

I cant help but get the feeling however that it will be very, very tough for him to regain his position on the card, short of Vince dropping dead
Yeah, completely ... so it's not just me then that feel people have been jumping the gun a little here in regards to his return without taking any of this into consideration?

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He should replace some high flying moves with these:

You guys could pick which moves he should use from here:
Exactly, the guy is talented as hell (just look at him!) ... and I'm not even Bryan's biggest fan but I can see just how bloody good he is in the ring and not only that, it's clear as hell that he's so passionate about what he does, I wouldn't want that to come to an end for him.

I mean if he is saying he hasn't regained some feeling in his arm then I don't know the chances of another surgery suddenly fixing everything.

I could see Bryan retiring..

His outlook on life seems to be positive,start a family,move to Washington and live healthy.

I'm just saying though if he has to get another surgery for them to fix something,yall think a doctor would clear him?

:floyd1
Yeah, exactly, all these things I've thought about and like I say when you read all these threads on here talking about his return is all good and all (I mean it's just enthusiasm with fans which is ace!) .... however I think people are jumping the gun a little, expecting a bit much and taking it for granted in regards to things here, we're talking neck and spine injury .... this is very dangerous for a wrestler.

I think people tend to forget that a little but it's completely understandable, people just want to see him back and I get that completely, but slow and steady ya know ...

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He shouldn't be doing about half of that actually.
Yeah but I think what he meant is how diverse he is, like he's not a one trick pony and has a hell of a lot of talent, like he doesn't need to do all the diving head butts and flying outside the ring as much.

JBL's gonna miss saying 'We've got ourselves a flying goat' lol

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Daniel Bryan needs to retire now. For the sake of the IWC and for the sake of his own well-being

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Daniel Bryan needs to retire now. For the sake of the IWC and for the sake of his own well-being
I'm not sure what you mean in regards to the sake of the IWC but his own well being ... it's definitely worth thinking about, he does at least have to tone it down though .... a lot.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I don't think that he will have the second surgery.. That being said give the guy as much time want to be 110%...

The easy part for Bryan is to change his style... He is holding back his moveset for years and it's time to debut a new one.

I think the injury in the long run will be a good thing for Bryan's health.. His moveset was so dangerous and thank god his injury is not severe..

:ti :ti :ti

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't think that he will have the second surgery.. That being said give the guy as much time want to be 110%...

The easy part for Bryan is to change his style... He is holding back his moveset for years and it's time to debut a new one.

I think the injury in the long run will be a good thing for Bryan's health.. His moveset was so dangerous and thank god his injury is not severe..

:ti :ti :ti
I don't think it's fair to say the injury in the long run will be a good thing for Bryan's health ... it's a neck and spinal injury.

I'm sure he's already said that he's got to have the second surgery too.

I mean his spot was never safe imo..

He was keeping it warm for Roman Reigns...
Yeah, though I do feel he was going to have a decent run, which is all he needed really :)

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean in regards to the sake of the IWC but his own well being ... it's definitely worth thinking about, he does at least have to tone it down though .... a lot.
Oh come off it. I know the majority of WF hates Bryan and his one word chant.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts