Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get flamed or this thread gets closed, I'm just trying to have a civil discussion about a number of things regarding his death.

I was watching a few youtube videos about the Benoit fiasco and I was just wondering was it ever actually confirmed that Benoit actually did it or just heavily assumed because he was a steriod user and professional wrestler. I ask this because there is a number of things that could have happened during that weekend, things that I've never seen actually explained.

How do the police know that Benoit didn't come home and find his wife and son dead, realise that he couldn't live without them and then he hung himself? How do the police know that Nancy didn't kill Daniel, and then Benoit killed Nancy and then decided he couldn't live with himself, making it worse for himself in the end? Obviously these are just theories but surely the police have considered these possibilities.

By the way, I'm not saying any of these did happen, but have these theories ever actually got shot down? I just feel that Benoit hadn't been acting weirdly enough during his final few days. Atleast as far as the phone calls and such go. It's all just strange that Benoit, a guy who loved wrestling so much would commit such a crime when he knew he would blacklisted from the business.

There's just so many questions.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Before I get flamed or this thread gets closed, I'm just trying to have a civil discussion about a number of things regarding his death.

I was watching a few youtube videos about the Benoit fiasco and I was just wondering was it ever actually confirmed that Benoit actually did it or just heavily assumed because he was a steriod user and professional wrestler. I ask this because there is a number of things that could have happened during that weekend, things that I've never seen actually explained.

How do the police know that Benoit didn't come home and find his wife and son dead, realise that he couldn't live without them and then he hung himself? How do the police know that Nancy didn't kill Daniel, and then Benoit killed Nancy and then decided he couldn't live with himself, making it worse for himself in the end? Obviously these are just theories but surely the police have considered these possibilities.

By the way, I'm not saying any of these did happen, but have these theories ever actually got shot down? I just feel that Benoit hadn't been acting weirdly enough during his final few days. Atleast as far as the phone calls and such go. It's all just strange that Benoit, a guy who loved wrestling so much would commit such a crime when he knew he would blacklisted from the business.

Forensic examinations on all three body's I presume. I don't think they would release the outcome to the public if it wasn't fully conclusive. He did it, the case was closed nearly five years ago.

And yes it was confirmed to be a double murder suicide with Benoit the perpetrator.

As for why he did it? we'll never know but the doctors said he had the brain of an 80 year old alzheimer's patient from all the blows to the head he took.

·
Banned
966 Posts

I dont know where to even start with this. Please do remedial reading about the case before you start threads like this. I really wonder bizarre videos you watched and time they were uploaded.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I'd love to believe he was innocent, but it's not possible to say either way.

I'm with you on the fact that just because the police said he did it doesn't actually mean that he did.

I could also accept that he was the easiest target in that he was a pro wrestler, taking drugs, who wasn't around to defend himself.

There are many inconsistencies, of course there are but to be honest, there are in most murder cases. You can never truly know someone. People thought Peter Sutcliffe was a nice quiet bloke who enjoyed a normal suburban life with his wife and it turned out he'd been attacking, injuring, murdering and mutilating prostitutes for 6 years. Shit happens like that. There are many other things that in my mind don't quite fit. However, you can only make your decisions based on facts in front of you.

Would I be surprised if it turned out he was innocent? Well no, I wouldn't to be honest. Would I support a new investigation? It's not like I have any say but yes, I would and, if there was a full investigation into the case and it turned out he was guilty as sin then, fair enough. I can accept that too.

The point is that we will never know.

I just think it's sad that I can't talk about one of my favorite wrestlers because I immediately get accused of being an apologist for a murderous psychopath. Our culture is littered with examples of people who we look up to who went around robbing, killing, torturing and all sorts of crazy stuff. The Kray Twins spring immediately to mind. There are thousands of books written by ex-criminals who think that because they've gone "straight", that absolves them from all crimes. So we can talk about those as crazy japes and not criminal acts and they can be celebrated as folk heroes, but not Benoit.

He had a career before what happened and quite frankly, I didn't know him personally so why should it be any concern of mine? He was a bloke I watched on the TV and I loved watching him wrestle. He never claimed to be a morally superior man. Separate the history from the last weekend of his life and move on.

·
Banned
966 Posts
I'd love to believe he was innocent, but it's not possible to say either way.

I'm with you on the fact that just because the police said he did it doesn't actually mean that he did.

I could also accept that he was the easiest target in that he was a pro wrestler, taking drugs, who wasn't around to defend himself.

There are many inconsistencies, of course there are but to be honest, there are in most murder cases. You can never truly know someone. People thought Peter Sutcliffe was a nice quiet bloke who enjoyed a normal suburban life with his wife and it turned out he'd been attacking, injuring, murdering and mutilating prostitutes for 6 years. Shit happens like that. There are many other things that in my mind don't quite fit. However, you can only make your decisions based on facts in front of you.

Would I be surprised if it turned out he was innocent? Well no, I wouldn't to be honest. Would I support a new investigation? It's not like I have any say but yes, I would and, if there was a full investigation into the case and it turned out he was guilty as sin then, fair enough. I can accept that too.

The point is that we will never know.

I just think it's sad that I can't talk about one of my favorite wrestlers because I immediately get accused of being an apologist for a murderous psychopath. Our culture is littered with examples of people who we look up to who went around robbing, killing, torturing and all sorts of crazy stuff. The Kray Twins spring immediately to mind. There are thousands of books written by ex-criminals who think that because they've gone "straight", that absolves them from all crimes. So we can talk about those as crazy japes and not criminal acts and they can be celebrated as folk heroes, but not Benoit.

He had a career before what happened and quite frankly, I didn't know him personally so why should it be any concern of mine? He was a bloke I watched on the TV and I loved watching him wrestle. He never claimed to be a morally superior man. Separate the history from the last weekend of his life and move on.
How much reading have actually done the case? Name actual reliable sources.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
How much reading have actually done the case? Name actual reliable sources.
Not a massive amount. Probably the same as most people on here. Over here in England it wasn't that much of a story. I've read a few Pro Benoit websites. Skimmed the american news coverage and watch various things on youtube.

The point I'm making is that you can point out inconsistancies until the cows come home. You will never truly know what happened and you can only make a decision on what little scraps you can find. Was he innocent or guilty? I can't say for sure. I'd just like to believe he was so we can get over this whole "you can't talk about Benoit, he's a murderer" bollocks.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Oh look lets open this thread again with more juvenile conspiracy stories... I'm sure the feds f'd up on the investigation and that a couple teen aged visitors of a wrestling forum can tell the real truth behind Benoits case.

What Would Horatio Caine Do?

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
He did it, end of. Void your mind of the illusion of the "family man" who was a great wrestler, in reality he is a cold blooded child killer who offed himself rather than own up to and face consequences for his actions. Yeah, he may have had a fizzled mind, but it's still no excuse. The forensic investigation established he did it, so really, stop kidding yourself if you think he was the innocent victim who took his own life due to the grief.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.