Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE is teasing on WWE.com a potential stable or maybe more so a collection of superstars that Washington manages individually.

So who would you put in this stable/ collection of superstars for Abe to manage.

Epico and Primo for sure. Had a good run at the start of their reign, then its slowed down a bit and the tag champs have jobbed out to a few guys as of late. I'd like to see them pick up again with Abe, and have a eventful and decent couple more months reign before dropping the belts.

Ezekiel Jackson...Was always better as a heel, and i feel he has potential if pointed in the right direction.

Johnny Curtis...Good mic worker and a good ring worker also. I think he could break out this year if given the chance and being associated with a stable/ manager would certainly help.

Same goes for Bateman as Curtis.

McGillicutty...Talented in the ring, lacking a bit of charisma and mic skills but with a manager they surely could push him along a bit, and it wouldnt take long to come up with an angle for him if they finally went down the 'Perfect' route.

Maxine associated through relationship. Is she with Curtis or Bateman still. Either way, they get exposed. She gets exposed, and then she could potentially break away with someone and manage them individually.

Lastly, Abe could be Leo Kruger's way in from FCW. With Sandow, Cesaro and Ryback all on Smackdown. Abe could potentially manage Kruger on Raw.

I've picked these guys as opposed to creating a stable of established guys that could be a main event stable, purely because these guys have talent to break through for the future with a little bit of help. Cesaro and Sandow can and most likely will make it on their own.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
You beat me to this thread. I would like to see him become a mouthpiece for Ryback. Also would like to see him manage Mcintytre. Those are my two picks other than the tag champs

·
Registered
252 Posts
Epico&Primo yes
Zeke - hopes to god no.
Curtis - yes, strangely a big fan of him.

Why the helllll would you include so many jobbers though? hes gonna look like a huge joke of a manager if he comes out with Mcguilicutty etc.

McIntrye would be another good choice.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Abe Washington stable

Epico and Primo for tag titles
Drew McIntyre for IC title
McGillcutty for US title
Some established name for champion of the brand to add legitimacy-Christian

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I don't understand why Abe Washington is being used in this manner. Has he proved to be a very good mic worker in the past? I saw some of his moments on WWE\ECW and I wasn't really impressed. What makes anybody excited for a stable managed by this guy? He is trying to pursuit guys like Mark Henry who actually have better mic skills than he does as far as I'm concerned. Abe Washington just came out of no where and isn't really over at all. He's actually damn near nonexistant so that leads me to wonder why he should be the manager of a stable?

·
Banned
690 Posts
Assuming they decide to use Abe to lead a stable, the first guy he represents needs to have some sort of name value. Someone that people know to so that people know that AW isn't just some scrub. At the same time, it needs to be someone who won't be held back by being in a stable. If you don't need a manager, you shouldn't have one. For this purpose I'd choose Justin Gabriel who has the right combination of charisma (or lack thereof) and ring skill to greatly benefit from having a manager (in that AW can drum up interest in him and Gabriel's ability to put on good matches can hold the fans interest and win more) he's also done enough in the past to look like a good first signing. The second person in his stable should be someone from FCW. The obvious choice being Leo Kruger due to him being ready to come up at any time and his long history with Gabriel, which goes back a decade before either signed WWE contracts. Once Gabriel and Kruger have had success in some way, AW should bring in a third guy, my suggestion would be Corey Graves or Richie Steamboat to mix up the dynamic a bit. Both have skills to succeed in the WWE shark tank but need some more work, and a stable is a great way to hide flaws and highlight strengths. I'd also call up Big E Langstone (renaming him to Ettore Langstone in the process, because that sounds better than Big E) to serve as the enforcer of the group, but never doing anything in the ring except interfering in matches and displaying his freakish strength.

How I'd book them

Once Gabriel's back in the ring I'd send him straight to Superstars to work a 10-15 minute match against a competent wrestler (let's say Mike McGillicutty), around half way through AW appears on the ramp, which the cameras and commentators draw attention to. After Gabriel wins, he heads backstage. When SD airs, they have a backstage segment where AW offers his services and Gabriel accepts. The next week Gabriel is on SmackDown facing a higher level talent (let's say Zeke Jackson) and wins quite handily. On the following Raw and Smackdown Gabriel beats one of the Colons with AW talking him up before the match and handing the ring announcing for Gabe. On the Raw before the next PPV AW announces that he's got Gabriel a tag team title shot on PPV and he's got just the guy to be his partner. The mystery partner debuts on SD, squashing a local jobber in an exhibition match.

Gabriel and Kruger dethrone Primo and Epico on the PPV and the two continue to hold it. Eventually Abe cuts a promo about how he's found a third talent to join his stable, and that his stable is going to be using the Freebird rule for title defences (not named as such) Corey/Richie then enters the team. Now that the tag belts are mobile, Abe starts targeting the IC title, but Corey and Leo can't quite get the job done against Show, causing AW to call for Langstone who enables Gabriel (who by virtue of tenure should be the front man of the group) to beat Show via slight shenanigans (e.g. distracting him for long enough for Gabriel to catch him by surprise and get a clean win). From there the group continue to hold their titles, but with Ettore being increasingly more important (such as taking out tag partners while the ref is distracted, smacking people with weapons ets) in doing so. Gabriel doesn't like this and leaves the group, causing Abe to replace him with Richie Steamboat and ordering Leo to bring the IC title back to them which he does his damndest to do but telling Ettore and AW to stay out of it. Kruger and Gabriel face off repeatedly with no clear result, showing that they'll both have to take it to a higher level in order to win. Kruger takes the title off Gabriel in a long match on PPV via cradle piledriver, but shows him respect after the match. After that goes down Gabriel stays on TV clashing with the stable some more, Kruger defends the title by any means necessary and AW calls up new blood periodically to keep the stable fresh.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I like the whole angle and I like the idea of AW managing some of the lower carders. My biggest fear is that they just give up on it though. I think the last time WWE tried something with managers was that bizarre Superstars/NXT angle with Tyson Kidd where he had a new manager each week. That was quickly forgotten.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
lol how could abe washington have a stable, he's been dead since the 1800's LOL stupid

4 score and 7 years ago abe washington got shot in the head.
Not sure if serious (hoping not) but if you are serious you have your US History screwed up :lol

As for the stable I like the idea, a stable if booked and used correctly is a great way to get a group of guys over at once. Evoltuion is a great example of this. Nexus was to at the start but that was quickly derailed by bad luck injuries and terrible direction from creative.

·
Registered
482 Posts
LORD TENSAI I HATE YOU FOREVER FOR CHEATING TO BEAT JOHN CENA!! I HATE YOU FOREVER!! YOURE FAT JAPANESE LOSER WHO WILL GET BEAT UP SOON!! :rolleyes:
No one can escape from the Iron Claw and the Tensai Bomb.

NO ONE.

I wish John Cena or any partticular member of the WWE's current roster any ill will, but should they cross Lord Tensai they are risking potentially fatal harm.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I would suggest that facing the harsh reality of life through my words would be more appealing to you than the alternative.

Lord Tensai has allowed John Cena's professional wrestling career to continue. For now.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Lord Tensai is a man of honor and discipline. It would be in your best interest to retract your last statement if you do not wish to appear foolish.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I am so looking forward to seeing where this story goes, could be very interesting. Especially liked the backstage segment with Primo and Epico.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Kofi Kingston: Kofi is desperately in need of something right now. I would hope to see an interesting face/heel dynamic between Washington and Kingston. Potentially leading to a badly needed Kingston heel turn.

Ezekiel Jackson: Don't mind him being a contender for the midcard titles. Having Washington as a mouthpiece would enable them to cut promos during storylines.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts