Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting read. Saw it on Twitter. I didn't see this posted anywhere, hope it's not a repost. I'll have to DVR this.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/chris-benoits-dad-son-suffered-severe-brain-damage/story?id=11471875

A powerhouse in the ring, Chris Benoit was a world-famous wrestler and champion to his fans, loved by all. No one ever suspected he would be capable of murdering his family and taking his own life.

"He was pretty much driven from the age of 12, 13 to get in the wrestling industry," said his father, Mike Benoit. "Chris lifted weights every day. He was 13 years old ... he was breaking records in high school in our basement."

After Canadian-born Chris Benoit became a pro-wrestler at 18, his career soon skyrocketed. By age 25, he was already a world champion.

Watch the full story tonight on "Secrets of Your Mind" at 10 p.m. ET

"He had won titles every place that he traveled in the world," said Mike Benoit.

While living the wrestling high life, Chris Benoit was a devoted dad and husband who cherished time with his family.

RELATED

The Benoit Family Murders
On June 25, 2007, an unimaginable horror was discovered inside of Chris Benoit's home in Fayetteville, Ga., when police stopped by on a "welfare check" after Benoit had missed several appointments, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Officers found his wife Nancy strangled to death and their 7-year-old son Daniel appeared to have been suffocated. Bibles were found next to their bodies. Benoit's body was found hanging from a weight machine in the basement.

"We're ruling it as a double homicide-suicide," said Fayette County Sheriff's Lt. Tommy Pope.

After seizing Benoit's computer, investigators also reported that the wrestler had searched the Internet for stories on the prophet Elijah. One of the stories of Elijah is how the prophet could raise a boy from the dead, starting with placing the dead child on his bed. Police found young Daniel on his bed.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I still don't think any less of him.

I'm still a huge fan of Benoit, regardless.

·
Man Who's Got a Machine Gun
3,855 Posts
Benoit's last match was with Elijah Burke... just sayin.

Anyway, how can anyone NOT think less of the man? He may have been out of his mind on drugs and shit, but he still murdered his family.

However, that doesn't negate the fact that he was one of the best ever and I'm still a fan of his work.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I saw that, and they accually cut chris benoit's brain open
which was sad. One thing that pisses me off is that WWE deletes
all of Chris Benoits Matches, on rereleases, I hope Chris Benoit's
Father is tryin to get Mcmahon to stop bein so looney and respect what
he has done for the biz because he wasn't a bad person, in real life.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
he wasn't a bad person, in real life.
He kinda was, dude. He did so many drugs (bad) that he murdered his family (horrible). I was never a fan of him for some reason, but I have tried to delete him from my memory, too.

At this point, where the WWE is pandering to 8 years old, do you really think that Vince wants to tell them, "Hey, you see that guy right there? Good, huh? Well, he killed his wife, son, and himself. He was great."

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
I'd actually never heard that part of it before, about the stories. I don't really have a strong opinion on the matter other than its highly sad and disturbing.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I still don't think any less of him.

I'm still a huge fan of Benoit, regardless.
Seriously, are you retarded or something? I loved the guys work, he was fantastic. But the bottom line is he killed his wife and a defenseless 5 year old child. He realized what he did and took the easy way out by killing himself. The guy is a coward and that's all there is it it. And this is coming from someone who was a big fan of him. I hope Hitler's raping him in hell as we speak.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Seriously, are you retarded or something? I loved the guys work, he was fantastic. But the bottom line is he killed his wife and a defenseless 5 year old child. He realized what he did and took the easy way out by killing himself. The guy is a coward and that's all there is it it. And this is coming from someone who was a big fan of him. I hope Hitler's raping him in hell as we speak.
:lmao

·
Registered
559 Posts
watch the show. it was his damaged brain. it proves that concussions in repetition can cause people to snap. he wasnt a bad person, he turned into one unsuspectedly and did unforgivable, terrible things. he was one of the best in the ring, but we cant blame wwe for not wanting to show him. but the business did cause him to be that way. indirectly wcw ecw and wwe were responsible. because he sacrificed his own well being to entertain and make money for the companies. its his own fault he didn't slow down with the flying head buts and such, but who knew he'd turn out that way

·
Registered
279 Posts
watch the show. it was his damaged brain. it proves that concussions in repetition can cause people to snap.
Your right this one example proves that theory. :rolleyes:

No one will ever know what caused him to snap, but I'm sure he had plenty of opportunities to stop or see a doctor about the concussions and if he never did anything about it's just one more thing he did wrong.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
LOL @ anyone putting the blame on Benoit. It was ruled a long time ago that it was the conditions of his brain.

If Verne Gagne was ruled innocent (and he was), then same for Benoit. Period.

·
Registered
279 Posts
EvoLution™;8772998 said:
LOL @ anyone putting the blame on Benoit. It was ruled a long time ago that it was the conditions of his brain.
Did you read the article?

News Article said:
Bailes stated that both Webster and Benoit's brains were similarly damaged, but cautioned that brain scans alone can't prove Benoit's battered brain drove him to murder.
Besides the fact it's Benoits fault he chose to wrestle after several concussions.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts