Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you think a Wrestlemania in Hawaii would have been/or would be. Imagine it happened in around 2003 when the Rock was still around or if it happens in the future.

In the Aloha stadium.

How do you think it would have been in 2003-

or in the future?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Never happening. They did a WWF card in December 91 at the Aloha Stadium (60,000+ capacity for wrestling.) The main event was Flair vs Hogan. (Now mind you that this was an era where NO ONE thought that match would ever happen.)

The crowd was a decent size, for the Blaisdell Arena (around 2,000 capacity.) It looked completely pathetic. The sound system was completely shot, and there are no decent video screens.

Then in the Attitude Era (or shortly after it) they had a main event of The Rock vs Chris Jericho. Even Bruce Willis made an appearance. Couldn't even fill up the Blaisdell Arena.

It is a pipe dream for wrestling fans in Hawaii, but that's all it will be. Hell, can't even get a TV Taping in Hawaii, forget a PPV, let alone Wrestlemania.

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,743 Posts
It's really not a good place for a wrestlemania, I think it'd be really difficult to fill a stadium with people in Hawaii

·
Registered
734 Posts
Erm wrong, people do .........

Like me, am travelling 3957 miles to Wrestlemania. And I travelled further to both Orlando and Houston.
People DON'T!
Do you know how expensive it is to fly to hawaii? It's not cheap. Wrestlemania caters to families. A family of 4 is not going to blow thier financial wad, going to hawaii for wrestlemania. It will always be in the 48 states... it will never leave the country.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Being from Hawaii what aloha stadium probably seats 20,25000 people max i would say not a big venue from wrestlemania..... so no

·
Registered
34 Posts
People DON'T!
Do you know how expensive it is to fly to hawaii? It's not cheap. Wrestlemania caters to families. A family of 4 is not going to blow thier financial wad, going to hawaii for wrestlemania. It will always be in the 48 states... it will never leave the country.
:stupid:

It already has left the country.

When was the last time Toronto, Canada was in the 48 states. In all seriousness I have my doubts. But let's not kid ourselves money talks, and if some Abu Dabi Prince offers $50million then vince will seriously consider relocating.

Oooooo I think the Aztec stadium in Mexico has already been touted, you can never rule that out, especially with a large mexican following.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
People DON'T!
you do know that Hawaii is in the country right?

anyway

Wrestlemania doesnt really cater to the families. Its probably the one ppv that doesnt. It caters to the hardcore wrestling fans. The ones that will travel from different countries to see this. Its a spectacle. The tickets are pricier (sp?), the matches are bigger. Everything about Wrestlemania is more than just the weekly family variety show that they put on now. Wrestlemania is still their "grand daddy of 'em all." People will travel anywhere to go to Wrestlemania.

I think that Hawaii would have a cool vibe and I would probably save up money and go to that.

·
Registered
9,905 Posts
With it being a four hour time diffrence, WWE wouldn't do it, otherwise we would have already seen Wrestlemania in London.

I'm just hoping that WM comes back to Canada, don't even care where, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, doesn't matter. Another place I think WWE should go is Mexico, just imagine Wrestlemania in Estadio Azteca Stadium, and the time diffrence would only be one hour, so it is possible, they just need ADR to become a huge star then turn him face and have him main event that Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
844 Posts
With it being a four hour time diffrence, WWE wouldn't do it, otherwise we would have already seen Wrestlemania in London.

I'm just hoping that WM comes back to Canada, don't even care where, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, doesn't matter. Another place I think WWE should go is Mexico, just imagine Wrestlemania in Estadio Azteca Stadium, and the time diffrence would only be one hour, so it is possible, they just need ADR to become a huge star then turn him face and have him main event that Wrestlemania.
Pretty much this. The only two other countries they can pull it off is Canada and Mexico, and even Mexico is a long shot unless the Main events consist of ADR (back as Dos Caras, Jr.), Rey Mysterio and Mistico

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
The only place Im looking forward to is San Diego or the Rose Bowl in socal. more so the Rose Bowl cause it can sit like 93,000 (not including floor seats that the WWE would have) and its like 30-40 minutes from my house.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts