Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A WOW Rant.

OK, over the past few days I have had to close numerous threads just because the pics weren't working. Now, apparently one major contributer to the problem is the PIC tags aren't working. Now I don't know why they aren't working and quite frankly don't give a damn. But the thing that really gets on my nerves is all of those lurkers that have like absolutly no posts come in and have twenty posts all saying the same thing that consist of 3 words "they don't work." Now this wouldn't bug me but when we have all these people saying the same thing it brings me to think do they think that were blind or what? Another thing that bugs me about that fact is that they say it in a very angry tone almost like every pic post should work. Now, if they finally decided to post some pics I'd give it a 90% chance of those pics not working. Yet one more thing that bugs me is the fact that most of these post don't even have proper punctutation or spelling. I'm sure most of you have gone to school and have passed Grade 7 English.

Now, since were on the subject of WOW it brings me to antoher thing. Old Threads. There have been quite a few threads brought back from as long as a year ago saying "they don't work." or "10/10." Now i'm almost positive that you could have found atleast 5 other threads on the first page to give the same reply to but no you had to go and get somthing really old. That's almost as bad as walking on to a bus and demanding some old lady to get up for her seat when theres a young man right next to her that could get up just as easy.

Yet one more thing that bugs me that's related to WOW. How come people place request outside of the Request Thread. Is it that hard to look at the top of the page and see one of the largest threads on this forum. It's right at the top so all those Jacking of Lurkers who have their own juice in there eyes can see it.

Well that brings me to the end of my "Rant on WOW." Hopefully you are now awear of the struggles a "WOW Mod" (I almost feel like that metalwarrior guy when I quote stuff know.) has to go through every day.

There changed it to Bonsoir [that's french I think.]

While since BrckBrlnXII stole the whole point of the Good Night. As a finisher he goes and bings it back up into the conversation so i'm gonna change it so he looks like the idiot.

I've got some replys kinda taking this whole Rant seriously. So guys I only did this because I was bored and wanted to write somthing it dosen't really bug me it gives me somthing to do I was also trying to be a bit funny.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Yeah I agree with you, it shits me to tears seeing people bring up old threads etc, and saying they dont work.

or if one person says they don't work another 10 will say red x's.

But the thing that pisses me is, lately I have gone into threads and there have been about 6 'red x' posts yet the pics work?

I know where you're coming from crunch, and I think the fact that people post outside the request thread, that can't be prevented, just throw them warning points I guess.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Warning points will work. And another thing is that for some people they pics dont work but for others they do and it sometimes the thread gets closed. Yet Another thing is all these views of the thread with like not even Half posts. But yet what can you do.

B

·
0 Posts
If they post 10/10, it's fine. If they say it doesn't work, that's fine. If they bring back an old thread that doesn't work, warn them. Simple. I'll post a thread in a little while about that.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
.......no really. I think what we should do has been said and should be done...if you bring back old threads and sayin they dont work warn them. its just a way to make it stop

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
How about taking away the post counts for the WOW Forum altogether? Seems logical.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Still the majority of the posters that post in there that just sign up for it are the ones that are posting " WOW COOL ", or the "10/10" replies and such.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Doesn't everyone reply like that when they first join. Then they start readin the way other people posts, and the way other members hate when they post short reply's then they start posting. Taking away post counts wont help, it'll just make the wow forum go to crap basically lol

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
WELegend = WESabotage

This site has one of the best Womens Section I have ever seen. You don't want to go maiming it.
And plus, people are still gonna say 'don't work'.
In half the posts people say 'Rate' anyways.

If you're gonna do that then you'd have to turn off post counts in the GFX forum ratings too then, pictures of women are another form of art.

Things are good how they are. But digging up old threads = warning points. I rest my weak case.

N

·
0 Posts
Where do you guys get off saying they can't post 10/10 or some other rating? That is feedback. What ELSE can you say? "Yo, she be ugly get hotter bitch."

Besides, if pics don't work, they should be removed. I am not on the n00b side but they DO use the search "utility," so they probably don't notice the date.

In other words, move to dumpster right away. Don't even try to fix. Click the Recycle Thread link right away (if there is a threadid in your link).

I will help you guys out when I can.

·
Banned
10,502 Posts
If you Close the Old Thread, would the AOL people still see it?

B

·
0 Posts
Nitemare said in post #13 :
Where do you guys get off saying they can't post 10/10 or some other rating? That is feedback. What ELSE can you say? "Yo, she be ugly get hotter bitch."

Besides, if pics don't work, they should be removed. I am not on the n00b side but they DO use the search "utility," so they probably don't notice the date.

In other words, move to dumpster right away. Don't even try to fix. Click the Recycle Thread link right away (if there is a threadid in your link).

I will help you guys out when I can.
The ones that usually don't work are IMG tag ones, so why not try to fix it?

N

·
0 Posts
I'm talking about the year-old ones. I only suggest this because chances are they have ben posted at sites like NoDQ, WZ, WNW, and W-E and were probably removed due to bandwidth. You'll notice MANY sites have to change their picture links due to bandwidth from wrestling sites.

If they are new, of course try and fix them.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Guys I think the novelty value of points really has ended and is not as big a deal as it once was. So in other words stop using it as an excuse for spamming

B

·
0 Posts
The value of points have changed to us, who have been here a long time, but to newbies, they are still a big deal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts