Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, in ring wrestling is emphasized more than ever. High flyers in particular are always trying to top themselves. I have a way they can take things to the next level.

During matches, some wrestlers should be shot out of cannons, like in the circus. This would create more spectacular spots and get big pops from the crowd.

· Registered
20,959 Posts
Rey Mysterio used to do that a lot in his entrances. Maybe instead of a regular spear, the opponent can be standing and their opponent gets shot out of a cannon and spears them with additional impact?

· Registered
622 Posts
the big issue with WWE in particular....they think you cant be a high flying heel.

Ricochet and Jack Evans both played great heels. arrogant cocky, no one can do what i do type heels.

high flyers are still better than slow plodding guys like Kane or Strowman

· Registered
242 Posts
Rey Mysterio used to do that a lot in his entrances. Maybe instead of a regular spear, the opponent can be standing and their opponent gets shot out of a cannon and spears them with additional impact?
That's probably why Rey's knees became crushed m&ms's and, thus, why he stopped doing that trampoline shit.

One reason Vince did push Ziggler was because his workrate did not work the crowd. I heard that Paul Orndorff could work an armbar for 4-5 minutes and captivate the crowd to boo him for it. That's working.

What cruisers do with their floppy bullshit doesn't really work the crowd but it does crush your fucking legs though.

One of the greatest compliments I've ever heard Randy Orton get was when Rey Mysterio told his son Dominic to watch Randy Orton matches if he ever wanted to become a great wrestler. Rey Mysterio said this about Randy Orton

· Waiting for Kawato
5,624 Posts
That's probably why Rey's knees became crushed m&ms's and, thus, why he stopped doing that trampoline shit.

One reason Vince did push Ziggler was because his workrate did not work the crowd. I heard that Paul Orndorff could work an armbar for 4-5 minutes and captivate the crowd to boo him for it. That's working.

What cruisers do with their floppy bullshit doesn't really work the crowd but it does crush your fucking legs though.

One of the greatest compliments I've ever heard Randy Orton get was when Rey Mysterio told his son Dominic to watch Randy Orton matches if he ever wanted to become a great wrestler. Rey Mysterio said this about Randy Orton
This post is funny because Paul Orndorff fucked his arm and neck up while he was still in his 30s and was a shadow of himself long before he even hit 40, Randy Orton is in his early 40s and just had to have surgery on his freakin' spine. Meanwhile, Rey Mysterio is about to hit 50, and is still going strong, over as he's ever been, sadly just being booked like a joke.

· Registered
242 Posts
This post is funny because Paul Orndorff fucked his arm and neck up while he was still in his 30s and was a shadow of himself long before he even hit 40, Randy Orton is in his early 40s and just had to have surgery on his freakin' spine. Meanwhile, Rey Mysterio is about to hit 50, and is still going strong, over as he's ever been, sadly just being booked like a joke.
Yeah. Wrestlers get injured. Rey was injury prone till he paid a doctor in South America to inject stem cells into his knee cap. Maybe Randy should have considered injecting "people" into his spine. He's probably not that desperate.

Paul Orndorff may have considered it but it was the 80s, when it would be easier to eat a bag of vicodin, slice some steroids into his arm and snort a room full of coke.

· Waiting for Kawato
5,624 Posts
Yeah. Wrestlers get injured. Rey was injury prone till he paid a doctor in South America to inject stem cells into his knee cap. Maybe Randy should have considered injecting "people" into his spine. He's probably not that desperate.

Paul Orndorff may have considered it but it was the 80s, when it would be easier to eat a bag of vicodin, slice some steroids into his arm and snort a room full of coke.
Sure, but the point is that even the wrestlers who don't do the 'floppy bullshit' are fucking their bodies up at an at least comparable rate.

This grizzled old man notion that there's only one right way to work, that working safe is actually considerably safer, or that floppy bullshit doesn't really work the crowd, is verifiably wrong and has been disproven innumerable times all over the planet for, what, decades now. Why do people keep pushing it?

· Registered
242 Posts
Sure, but the point is that even the wrestlers who don't do the 'floppy bullshit' are fucking their bodies up at an at least comparable rate.

This grizzled old man notion that there's only one right way to work, that working safe is actually considerably safer, or that floppy bullshit doesn't really work the crowd, is verifiably wrong and has been disproven innumerable times all over the planet for, what, decades now. Why do people keep pushing it?
Alright. When Vince, who owns the company, explains why he pushes (or doesn't push someone), then that is his position.

You and I could debate this very well on this forum. If Vince says he didn't enjoy Ziggler's work but did enjoy Orndorff's, then he would obviously push Orndorff given the opportunity.

I personally believe the floppy BS is more of an injury prone style but a guy like Kevin Nash shredded his quad doing a big boot. Wrestling is crazy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts